Sun, Oct 6, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: External renderer

sirenia ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 7:27 AM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

I rendered for the first time with the standalone render option, and after 1 hour and 15 minutes rendering, all i get is a total black image that is only 20k in size ??

What has gone wrong here ?

Wim

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 4:44 PM

What image format did you specify? This is a rather strange one...

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 5:46 PM

It should work - here is a tutorial on using it.  [

http://users.tns.net/~mwalter1/External_Render.pdf](http://users.tns.net/~mwalter1/External_Render.pdf)

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

thundering1 ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 9:09 PM

Thanks  Peggy - got some big animations coming up in the next few weeks - gonna give this a try!
-Lew ;-)

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2008 at 1:06 AM

There are some standard things you should check.

#1 is the e-onsoftware folder in "images" on all machines? In old versions when this folder is missing the result is a black image, as you describe it.

#2 Does the Cows (all of them) have the same build number as your Vue? This is important and i knopw that on Mac the automatic update of cows not always works as it should!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

sirenia ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2008 at 7:32 AM · edited Tue, 19 August 2008 at 7:32 AM

Thanks all for the replies,

Wabe,
My rendercow version is 6.05 build 289768 but i cannot find any update on the e-on website
My Vue 6 Infinite is version 6.60-04 build 292547, so clearly these versions do not match.

I also checked the e-on software folder in 'images' and it's there.

Bruno,
I chose a 'jpg' format with dimensions 1409x881 pixels dpi 72

Peggy,
I just followed the steps like you said in your tutorial (i used a much simpler scene for this test which had a render time of 00:00:06) but suddenly it renders okee !

This is a very strange thing :huh:

Gonna test it now with my finished scene again and will let you know as soon as it is done rendering that it is working or not.

Thanks
Wim

sirenia ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2008 at 9:44 AM

Indeed it rendered just fine now, as i follow Peggy 's steps...
This time it was rendered in about 30 minutes and the file size is 1,2 MB

Nevertheless this is a strange phenomenon !!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.