Fri, Oct 4, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Anyone else crash during render using the below settings?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 7:26 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:41 PM

file_417971.jpg

1.  Load any tree 2.  Use the same settings as indicated in the image 3.  render ( any mode will do)

Does anyone crash during the render?  Using V7I.

Thanks

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 7:41 PM

Yes, it crashes in mine too. It's such a sudden crash that it doesn't even create this new bug report.

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 7:45 PM

I made another test. I applied the material of the leaves to a cylinder, a standard one. I applied those settings and it didn't crash. So, these settings only cause a crash if applied to a plant, not to another object. Now, that's interesting...

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 7:49 PM · edited Sat, 15 November 2008 at 7:50 PM

Ah, also interesting is that, if I bake the plant, the settings do not cause the crash. So, whatever the bug is, it only affects veg objects, not vob, even the object is exactly the same. So, a workaround (a very poor one...) is to convert your tree into a normal object and then you can apply those settings.

Angelsinger ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 8:07 PM

This is really odd, dlk30341.  : Vue 7Inf crashed when I did this too; I got both the standard error message and the new bug report window.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 4:38 AM

Hmm, could it be that you can't use a single sided polygon for translucency? It works fine here on Vista64.
Uncheck the one sided option in the upper right corner of the material editor and see if it fixes it. But it shouldn't crash, even if both parameters are not compatible.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 8:09 AM

Thanks guys - I let it create an error report - although I couldn't make heads or tails of it - it was just 3 lines.

Those are interesting finds Rutra.  Thanks all for checking & please do turn in your error reports!

Yikes, the above statement makes me sound like a school teacher asking for homework :lol:

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 1:56 PM

Crashes for me too

ALSO I have a strange thing that the bug report isn't working !  It has no title or report.  I take it that it's supposed to generate one? 

Gill

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 2:11 PM

Well, you need to create the title and in the text filed, you write the sequence of actions that led to the crash. As I understand it, the report also sends a log containing data that e-on needs to see what happened.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 2:44 PM

Oh, me and my blonde hair!  I thought it was supposed to know what had gone wrong and fill it all in so I just sent it.

BWAAHHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

Gill

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 4:11 PM

You're probably not the only blonde around, Gill, chances are, the log will be all they need. And if I remember right, I must've blond too when I got the first crash!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 4:17 PM

LOL - I at first did the same thing - but it came back & told me a no go to send cause it wasn't filled out!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 5:14 PM

Yes, it told me I couldn't send it as it wasn't filled in but I thought THAT was a bug.

Oh dear.  Too many early mornings this week I fear.   Addled me brain 😉

Gill

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 5:29 PM

:tongue1: join the crowd!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.