Wed, Sep 4, 8:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help. I think I have lost my Bryce skills

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 2:35 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:16 PM

file_430778.jpg

Just not happy with this.

OK I have postworked the water, but otherwise it is straight out of Bryce. It's not right.

Any suggestions, welcome. Go on pull it to bits please.

BTW is there any way to change an image in the gallery. I have updated my last one and tried editing it, but it didn't seem to want to play.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 2:59 PM

I have started using a light dome cut in half in front of the main object. all the lights are very dim. the sun are set to 100% and black shadows. the same with the skyddome. this gives great results but is slow in render. i think this gives much more natural shadows

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 5:15 PM

I like this image very much. I think it can use more contrast to make the figure stand out. You might consider adding some effects to add some “magic” to her. Maybe some sparkly pixels emanating from her outstretched hand. Lots you can do with this.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 5:53 PM
Forum Moderator

*BTW is there any way to change an image in the gallery. I have updated my last one and tried editing it, but it didn't seem to want to play.

*Members cannot replace an image once it's in the gallery and I don't think I have the authority to do it for you, but I'll check. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 6:02 PM

It's OK, I renamed the revamped version, so it was the same as the first one, called that by another name, reloaded it and it did update. It's not a great image, but it will serve for what it was designed for.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 6:08 PM

file_430789.jpg

Ok I added a photofilter and a flare. Is it any better?

And does it still count as a bryce render?

50parsecs ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 7:57 PM

Do you render with gamma-correction on or off? I usually render with Gamma-correction turned off because it creates better contrast in the scene. I like the first pic better. I don't think you have "lost" anything.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 9:19 PM · edited Wed, 13 May 2009 at 9:23 PM

I think it is the lighting that is making it look flat. IMHO.  The image lacks the shadows of 3d piece. Maybe the post work covered the shadowing.  The light is coming from the left and I see shadows on her sleeve and mountains in background but the post worked water and ground cover has perhaps covered it all up.

dhama ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 4:10 AM

Delete and re upload I guess.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 4:20 AM

Skiwillgee, the ground cover is not postworked, only the foam on the water. I think I shall start over, may try with different lighting.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 6:15 AM
Forum Moderator

I asked the powers that be about this and got a reply.*

Q: BTW is there any way to change an image in the gallery. I have updated my last one and tried editing it, but it didn't seem to want to play.

A: Yes I do it all the time.  Member  needs to clear cache  and refresh screen

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 1:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1882611

Rather than post another WIP I put the new version in the gallery,

Thanks for the help

tabou21 ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2009 at 4:57 PM

Quote - I think it is the lighting that is making it look flat. IMHO.  The image lacks the shadows of 3d piece. Maybe the post work covered the shadowing.  The light is coming from the left and I see shadows on her sleeve and mountains in background but the post worked water and ground cover has perhaps covered it all up.

I was going to say the some thing..I totally agree with you.

Nice picture btw. Good composition.

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 9:47 AM

If you were looking for realism then I think this image is lacking something but if you wanted to recreate the look of an an illustreation from perhaps a late 19th or early 20th century childrens book then  it couldnt be bettered. I think its a lovely image.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 4:57 AM

Thanks Alan. Yes i was going more for an illustrative look, but di want a degree of realism.

Have decided that partt of my problem is getting Poser skin textures to look good in Bryce. I had a good format going for the older figures and textures, but nowadays all the skin tex are slanted towards use in poser only, with loads of nodes attached, and look c**p when transferred. I am having the same problem with my latest effort as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.