Sat, Sep 21, 6:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Right obj for DAZ Studio ?

Mannixman ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2009 at 3:21 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 8:00 PM

I have a very elementary question for all you experienced 3Ders :

What do I have to look out for when modeling an obj for Studio?
My case: I'm modeling a little room in Blender 2.49.
I can get the geometry imported just fine into Studio.

But two things are missing: I don't have the ability to select say, a seperate wall even though it started as a seperate object in Blender (I want to be able to deselect walls for more camera freedom).
And I can't get all materials (only some) shown under the Studio surfaces tab and don't get the ability to mouse over the material zones too.

So I'm not totally hopeless but also not quite there yet :D

lyron ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2009 at 3:30 PM

I think you have to export the elements  of the scene that you want move separately  not the whole scene. On the other hand if your objects have textures if you want export them in a obj file you have to use the UV mapping.
I hope these work.
Javier (Lyron)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:45 AM

Yes, unless you have the Figure setup tools and use Skeleton Setup to make a figure a grouped OBJ file will be seen in DS as a single item, so your best option is to export each piece as a separate OBJ and then import them and parent them to a null in DS.

Mannixman ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 4:23 PM

Thanks to both of you for helping me.
Now I understand.

I will consider the DAZ  setup tools once I am better with my modeling ;-) .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.