Mon, Oct 7, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 3:51 am)

Subject: Screen breakup on moving camera

ChrisV ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2009 at 7:09 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 8:12 PM

I hope someone can help with a small problem I'm having with Vue Pioneer as I'm trying it out before upgrading to a better version.  Program fires up fine but, even without loading anything, as soon as I touch any of the camera controls (move, pan, etc.) my whole display breaks up into juddering bars that stop when I stop moving the camera.

I'm running XP on a dual-core Athlon with 4Mb of Ram and an ATI Radeon card with the latest software driver upgrades.  I don't have this problem with any other graphics intensive or CAD program.  I notice that the program always starts up in OpenGL software mode - it won't accept the hardware accelerated option.

Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, how did you overcome it?

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2009 at 2:47 AM

Well, Vue doesn't lioke Radeon in general, is it a recent one?

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2009 at 3:11 AM

Try to "play" with the "background draw" settings in the preferences. This can make a big difference, especially with this problem.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Well, Vue doesn't like Radeon in general, is it a recent one?

What you state really surprises me given that Radeon cards are so extensively used!

Can you expand on what you mean about Vue not liking them?

Thanks for your input

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2009 at 5:58 PM

Quote - Try to "play" with the "background draw" settings in the preferences. This can make a big difference, especially with this problem.

Thanks wabe - I've already done that and set every slider to fast to redue overload.  I'm just ignoring the camera tracker window now and using the on screen handles to move the camera.

Have you heard of others experiencing similar problems - I've scanned though this (and other forums) with no real result

Best

Chris

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2009 at 12:40 AM

Well, I do not remember these specific problems. But a lot OpenGL issues, often with Radeon cards as Bruno said.

What you describe sounds a bit like a graphic card memory overflow, something I have as well sometimes when i load heavy models. Maybe you watch this, whether the issue is scene dependent.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.