Mon, Sep 9, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser8 and 2 monitors

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 5:10 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

Right before i start i think im a lucky one in that i seam to have no real issues with P8 as it works fine.... my only gripe (and i would like to know if there is a solution) is that if i expand my P8 across both my monitor screens (as i did in P7) on closing and restarting P8 the window  is now only an inch in size and only on the first monitor, not spanning across both screen as i had set it up to be.... is there a way to set P8 so that it remembers that i want it on both?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:08 PM · edited Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:09 PM

I have the main Poser window on my main monitor, with everything docked, and use the second monitor for my floating windows such as the Library, Hierarchy editor, Python palette.

I have had no problems at all with this approach. Poser 8 remembers the positions of all my windows, docked and floating, across both screens.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:20 PM

I only have 1 monitor but I have Poser remember where I put everything from one session to another, get it all set up as you want it then click on editgeneral preferences & choose launch to preferred state & click the set preferred state button, that should make poser play nicely with your monitors.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:21 PM

Quote - I have the main Poser window on my main monitor, with everything docked, and use the second monitor for my floating windows such as the Library, Hierarchy editor, Python palette.

I have had no problems at all with this approach. Poser 8 remembers the positions of all my windows, docked and floating, across both screens.

Pretty much same for me and no problems with display across monitors

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 10:05 PM

Same. Did you set your preferences to remember it that way?

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 1:52 AM

I have the pose screen on my second monitor, and Poser remembers to keep it there no problem. The only issue I have is, when I load a scene, it never shows up in the pose window. The thing just blanks out. I have to go to the material room, let the scene appear there, then go back to the pose room and all is well.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 3:59 AM

it remembers where everything is but when i open poser its not expanded across both screens so i have to do this myself... and yes i did set my prefered state,lol.....

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 4:14 AM

I think it's safe to say YOU FOUND ANOTHER BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I thought it would be best to get the reactionary post out of the way as quick as possible, you should report it to Smith Micro asap.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

xen ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 6:25 AM

I reported this same problem to SM, and their answer was not to stretch the app window across both monitors. (I used to press shift-maximise to do this)

Instead I have posewindow docked on the main screen and all the other stuff floating.
Works great.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 8:35 AM

Quote - I reported this same problem to SM, and their answer was not to stretch the app window across both monitors. (I used to press shift-maximise to do this)

Instead I have posewindow docked on the main screen and all the other stuff floating.
Works great.

Yup, same here. There's no need to expand the whole Poser window across both screens, when you can float off some of the windows to your second screen. Won't your method give you some docked windows spanning the gap between screens?

But if you really want it that way, it looks like you need a bug fix.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:03 PM

I go pretty much with IsaoShi, keep my main window on the main monitor and float everything else to the second screen. 

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 6:08 PM

I now have my library floating over on monitor 2, and it seams to work great now....lol... thankyou all

erdi ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 3:58 AM

I am also working on a dual-monitor. everything looks good, with the exception of the library. I do not need details. More icons would be better, like in Poser 7

Poser 8, Dual Monitor SetupPoser 7, Dual Monitor Setup

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.