Tue, Oct 1, 5:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: P6 Materials to P5: Can it be done?

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 10:11 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 4:32 AM

Probably not, but i just wanted to check and  see if there's a utility or method for this. I'm cataloging all sorts of stuff under materials that's mc6, which P5 won't see. Should really reduce the size of my runtime, but there's a lot of items I'll have to hand-texture...sigh...;)

Yes, No, or how?

Thanks....

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 1:08 AM

edit the mc6 files to mat poses. They will work in Poser 5.

rename the mc6 to a pz2 and move it and the thumb to poses folder.
edit the pz2 in wordpad or something and change the line mtlcollection to either figure or actor $current .

test

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 6:18 AM

To give an actual example of what markschum said. If you open a MC6 made in P6, the beginning of the file will look like this: {

version
        {
        number <span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">6</span>
        }
<span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">mtlCollection</span>

Edit it to look like this: {

version
        {
        number <span style="color:rgb(0,255,0);">5</span>
        }
<span style="color:rgb(0,255,0);">figure</span>

Now save it to a pose folder with a PZ2 file extension. The simple procedure of changing "mtlCollection" to "figure" converts a MC6 into a classic MAT pose file. But note that there may be new types of nodes in P6 and later versions of Poser that are not supported by P5.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 7:02 AM

Are you refering to shaders, PakLed? Unless you were to bake them - not sure how you would do that in Poser, but it's possible in DS3Adv - I don't think P5 knows all the nodes, does it?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 7:41 AM · edited Mon, 01 March 2010 at 7:42 AM

The nodes were introduced in P5. Very few were added since, notably the AO node.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 11:30 PM

basically, long story short...if it's an MC6 material in P5, the folder is just blank. Nothing to choose, show's over folks, nothing to see...;)
It does show up in P3do, which I'm using to do the cataloging. 

Well, it looks like a PITA, but I may try it, if nothing else, so I can use most of the '4' characters (V4 has 1 or 2 mt5s, etc., but it looks like Girl 4 and Aiko 4 don't)

MC5 still kicks out the jams though...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.