Thu, Sep 19, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Animated vobs

redtrek ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 4:59 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 9:24 AM

Hi,

I've been working on creating an animated Enterprise for some small animations.  Most of the models I've imported do not have usable (in Vue anyway) bussard objects for lighting and movement animation.  I spent several hours creating an animated Vue object, testing the lighting, and the rotation of the blades, trying to get the right look.  However, when I load the saved Vob into a new scene to  add it to the ship model, evrything kind of flys apart when I try to run the animation preview.  Does anyone know what setting I need to apply either to the Vob itself, or when I load it into a new scene, so that all the effects stay with the center of the object.?

On a similar note, there's a great model by Dennis Bailey of the Enterprise in Blender, but I haven't been able to find the right export settings to get it to import into Vue.  I printed out a short Obj export tutorial online (for Blender), but the settings still do not seem to allow Vue to import the object.  I'm still using Vue Esprit 6---I've had luck in the past using Vue 5 to import (then save the vob for Vue 6), but no luck with this particular model.

thanks

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 7:07 PM

Is your object a single object, or are there multiple parts? If multiple parts, everything has to be placed inside a group, and then you animate the group.

redtrek ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 7:11 PM

I grouped everything together before saving it as a vob.  However, when I load the object into a new scene, and try to resize it, or move it to the proper position, it seems that the act of moving the object adds new animation to it, and different parts of the object move off into space .

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 2:52 AM

Make sure your movement gizmo has the G selected, instead of the L (as in Local).

It's known to happen that when you have a group of different objects, each one with its own axis, and you try to move the group with L activated, each individual object will move in different directions.

Hope that helps.

redtrek ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 6:51 PM

Rutra,
I checked each group, and randomly checked some of the objects within each group. I went to the Display tab, and looked at the gizmo coords, and each show global.   However, even when I load the grouped object into an empty scene, there are animation "trails" leading off behind the object.

I solved the current problem by recreating the objects in place with the starship models, (a real pain) but it would still be helpful to know how to solve this issue for anything I might do in the future. Also, does the "G" show up anywhere other than in the Display menu?  Generally, I have gizmos off, and only use the standard tool--rotation, resize, move, with the x, y, z buttons, etc?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.