Fri, Oct 4, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Shadow only render in Poser Pro 2010 problem

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 9:42 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 4:02 PM

Is anyone else having an issue with shadow only renders in Poser Pro 2010? I had an obvious shadow in the original render but I wanted boost it a bit so I did a shadow only render and it only rendered the last third of the image with a shadow. Anyone else having issues or is it just a weird glitch, it did it twice on the same scene. Thanks

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 12:04 AM

can you show the render?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 7:04 AM

In the absence of a visual, I have to assume that what you expect is a shadow isn't.

For example, if you light a figure from behind only, the face is dark, not because of shadows but because it doesn't point towards the light.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:28 AM

I will show a render when I get home and it isn't that, there is a definite cast shadow coming from the figure's chin area but it does not show in the shadow only, same in the stairs and other areas. It also doesn't show any of the AO that is in the scene, except in that one part of the image.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:26 PM

file_450354.jpg

OK, here is the render where you can see the shadows

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:26 PM

file_450355.jpg

Here is the shadow only render

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:27 PM

file_450356.jpg

Here is the zdepth render since it is doing it too.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:48 PM

Whoa. OK I've never seen that. You should contact SM.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.