Fri, Sep 20, 2:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do I take a buckle off a hat?

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:25 PM · edited Fri, 06 October 2023 at 11:03 PM

I have a hat that has a buckle on a strap that goes around the hat (it's a leprechaun hat) and I want to remove the buckle.
How do I do that?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:34 PM

Probably the simplest way is to go to the Material Room and make it transparent.  Set Diffuse, Specular and Ambient to zero, set Transparency Value to 1, Transparency Edge to 1 and everything else after that to zero.

Uncheck Reflect Lite Mult and anything else that's checked, also.

That should do it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:38 PM

Is the buckle a seperate material group ? if it is then set diffuse and specular color to black and transparency to 1 .

If its not then you can try the grouping tool , select the entire hat, deselect the buckle, and use the spawn prop option to make a new version of the hat.

Or you could select the buckle and make it a new material group, then set it to transparent.

Next method is a transparency map , or load it into a modelling program o edit it.

A lot will depend on if the hat is complete behind the buckle.

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 11:29 PM

Thanks SamTherapy and markshum,

I used the grouping tool option and deselecting the buckle. Didn't know about that so it was something knew I learned. Thanks. The making it transparent worked as well, thank you.
I appreciate your help.

Michael

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.