Fri, Sep 20, 9:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: The Mysterious Ones

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 10:52 AM

Elementary my dear Chicken

You are clearly obsessed with avians and identify yourself with our barnyard favourites.  With this established it would not be too great a leap of something to understand that from a chickens point of view (please note the non gender specific use of the Noun) a Duck would be a good pinup figure.  Mysterious, slightly alien, can swim and fly without looking like it's having some sort of fit, the perfect bird (not to mention the plumage phwoooar).

Associating Vickie with a Duck is therefore perfectly sensible, as you would associate the latest SM girl with an Albertross, looks kinda good from a distance, can fly well but lands like it's wearing rollerskates, and is a curse if you kill one following your ship.

I think the odd OT thread is good for you :) and it's always good to share thoughts n stuff with people, otherwise how would you comprehend the general level of dementedness indemic across the whole community.

:)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:31 AM

Ducks are sensible?  Since when? 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote - Ducks are sensible?  Since when? 

though thats not what I said/meant, you never see a drunk duck eating a kebab at 3am :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:41 AM

I know.  Just a little non sequiteur to keep things rolling along.  

Hmm.  Never tried a duck kebab.

My Store

My Gallery

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hi!

I am ssgbryan & I am a lurker.

The reason I don't post to the galleries is 3 fold.

1.  I am more interested in telling stories than making individual images.  I have stories that go a couple hundred images.  The are all works in progress however.  Most of them the characters are half (or more) naked.  Not because of the story, but because I haven't found the clothing or other prop that I am looking for am looking for.  As a corallary, getting all of the characters, props, etc to the same level of quality has been a nightmare.  The scene doesn't look right unless EVERYTHING in the scene is done to the same level.  Did I mention that I need more realistic SF clothing (i.e. uniforms, not SF Fantasy) than I do lingerie?

2.  Even though I have been playing with Poser since Ver. 5, there are many things I still don't know how to do yet.  I have figured out the cloth room, made all kinds of conforming clothing dynamic & I have figured out how to make V4 clothing into clothing for all of my female characters.   It has taken me nearly a year to get everything converted from V4 to G2F, Miki (both), V3, V2 etc (Yes, I use them all.  V4 is too damned tall.)  Did I mention a computer crash last year that I am still recovering from (6 months of conversions gone in an instant). 

I have been following the P8 lighting threads & the TDMT threads very closely.  I will understand how to use these advances eventually, but since I don't come from a photography background, I am having to start at the begining. 

3.  Because I can't find what I am looking for (outside of lingerie for V4), I am dipping my toe into texturing & modeling.  Texturing seems to be pretty easy, modeling not so much.

Right now, not understanding how to do lighting properly is the biggest hold up.  It isn't enough for me to know what lights to use, I want to understand WHY.  That takes a little longer.  Once I get my head wrapped around it, I might even strap on my courage & post an image to the gallery.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 12:01 PM
Online Now!

I guess I'm another Mysterious One. I've been using poser for about 11 years and I still don't have a gallery! I'm too sensitive for any complaints. I do my art for myself and my friends.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:25 AM

Yay, mysterious ones coming out of the woodwork! Now we just need them to be in the chat room more often! (and the regulars, too!) :o

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:29 AM

Fully agree... and asking questions! If a search (and the search system is lame... I fully agree) and a quick peek at Acadia's fine stickied thread list doesn't give you - quickly - the answer you're looking for, please ask. Say hi! Remember, you are all welcome, all friends. We have something in common: Poser!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:37 AM

Quote - Yay, mysterious ones coming out of the woodwork! Now we just need them to be in the chat room more often! (and the regulars, too!) :o

I agree!! I try to be in the chat every night. Most of the time I pop in and no one is there :(

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:51 AM

I just don't do "Chat" for the most part. the whole "Screen Scrolls up as people Chat" has always bugged the bejeebies out of me.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 1:31 AM

It was certainly nice chatting with you, Ryus... I'll try to pop in from time to time... matter of thinking of it.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 1:33 AM

Quote - It was certainly nice chatting with you, Ryus... I'll try to pop in from time to time... matter of thinking of it.

I agree. Good chatting with you as well. Great to see quite a few people in there. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 6:09 PM

Only ever used chat once and that was for my "Staff Orientation".

Maybe I should step in and spread a little chaos.  :) 

My Store

My Gallery

samhal ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2010 at 9:46 AM

Quote - How many people actually post to the forums on a routine basis?  A few hundred?  Maybe as many as a thousand?  I routinely see 3000+ people online at 'Rosity.  Right now there are 5243 artists currently online.  Most of them don't seem to be forum people.

Which is too bad.  :sad:  This is a good community.  :thumbupboth:

This is an absolutely GREAT community!

I've been around for quite awhile and read the forums darn near everyday. However I don't post much as my post numbers will show, but I'm pretty much current with everything going on here.

I have about 270 renders in my gallery and I buy LOTS of stuff.

Funny thing about buying stuff tho...just from Rendo alone I've pruchased a ton (nevermind all the other places I've purchased from - some long gone now) and only a very SMALL fraction ever makes it to the gallery. Shoot, I have content I've never even unzipped, and probably never will.

Everytime I purchase something (no matter where), I also save the promo picture with the same file name so I can see what it is without having to unzip the file. It's fun to occassionally go back and see the stuff I've purchased since 2003. I should start a "Poser Content thru the Ages" museum. :)

But I still buy and I still play/experiment/render (sometimes post) and I still  read the forums everyday. :)

No mystery.

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2010 at 9:56 AM

Quote - ...I should start a "Poser Content thru the Ages" museum...

That's a damn good idea and a great subject for a series of gallery images.  

My Store

My Gallery

Kitt_24 ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2010 at 2:20 PM

mysterious one, lurker, Others (a la Lost)....for myself I spend a lot of my time here learning, learning, learning...then doing test render, after test render, after render...I occassionally like to share what I've made...the biggest thing that keeps me from sharing more is mostly being too much of a perfectionist...and until something is "just perfect" to my eye I won't even show it to my dogs :)  I think too, just for myself...while I love looking thru the galleries everyday...to a certain degree I feel like anything I would put out there has been done before, similar to something that's already been done, etc...it's sometimes difficult to create something unique enough that will make someone pause and take a look...although I've thoroughly enjoyed the nice comments and such, I just want to create things that strike a chord with someone and maybe even gives them a smile, or just a moment to apprecriate something pretty or ...well yea...

what I appreciate in the forums isn't just the amount of knowledge so freely shared, but many a day do I sit here reading and just laughing! In a good way because most of ya'all are just too funny...so not only do I pick up bits and pieces that help while wading my way thru the wonderful mysteries of Poser, I find myself quite entertained...pretty much on a daily basis...LoL

oh yea, and i'm just plain old shy  >^..^<

>^..^<
~all knowledge is worth having~

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quote -
oh yea, and i'm just plain old shy  >^..^<

Well, don't be.  We don't bite.  Usually.  :D

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 4:10 AM

Reported to admins as spam.  

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 6:24 AM

got it! :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.