Tue, Oct 1, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Leather and Suede

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 2:22 PM

Very flattering, thanks :)

My Freebies

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 3:38 PM

file_456160.jpg

I changed the reptile pattern a bit. I think it's an improvement.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 3:42 PM

That looks pretty excellent, yeah.

My Freebies

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 3:44 PM

Outstanding!
Cheerio
lululee

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 4:23 PM

The weekend is about to start, and I am about to travel home to it. Which means I may not Poserize much.

So - I created a leather page on my site.

http://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/leather

For now, this holds my work-in-progress shaders in a zip file. Feel free to try them out, discuss with each other what the parameters do, etc.

Future readers will find that page has the final shaders in it, and there may be some differences from what is discussed at this moment.

I added one that has no built-in procedural bump - use it with bump maps that you may have already.

There is a Color Map in it - note that this is multiplied with the PM:Diffuse Color, as a tinting device, which in most of the shaders defaults to black. Change that to white to use a Color Map as is.

The "cracks" one is messed up - I'll fix it. But check out the reptile.

I'm not going to supply a bunch of pre-built colors at the moment. Go in and set up new colors - share the RGB values if you find particularly good ones, please.

Of course you can play and adjust the pattern settings, but for each fundamental pattern type I supplied a shader. Some of them are just variations of "Leather", while "Reptile" is actually a different shader. Note that Patent leather is just a variation of the main leather.

I removed some of the links between the master PM:Shine and the bump and a couple other things. They were counterintuitive if you were not aware of it doing that. In particular, choosing max shine eliminated all bump. While convenient for making patent leather, not really necessary - it's easy enough to let you control the bump and set it to 0 if you want to.

See you later.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 4:28 PM

file_456161.JPG

> Quote - Thanks Bobby. > > I added a Specular Color parameter, so Latexluv can have her "blue sheen". At least, I hope this does it. Maybe it's more complicated than that. I'd have to see it.

That looks really good. I found a photo that is close to what I remember. I looked closely thinking that there might be a blue light in the photo (plus the background is blue also), but one band member, the second from the right, is wearing a plastic material and it's reflecting white while the rest who are wearing leather are reflecting blue black. I resized the photo for posting.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 6:54 PM

Quote - > Quote -  Some leather (swine skin) has like pores in it where the pig's hair used to be.. would that be possible to make?

Something like this? (Click it)

I didn't have to change anything to get this - just adjusting a couple parameters did it. I wasn't even aware the algorithm I came up with for the bump would produce this result. I found it by accident.

YES! Perfect! 

And isn't it just fun when something emerges "by accident"? Sometimes the best things are made that way! 

(like me ROFL!)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 1:47 AM · edited Sat, 17 July 2010 at 1:48 AM

Quote -

That looks really good. I found a photo that is close to what I remember

Mötley Crüe !!!!!  sighs

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

GrayMare ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 10:55 PM

Quote - Yes, changing the pattern size is easy - there's a parameter for it. There are three actually.

Pattern Size = width of each pattern unit
Pattern Softness = alters the shape and overlap of the pattern units
Bump Value = depth (amount of displacement) of each pattern unit

Here I boosted the Pattern Size and Bump Value, and decreased the Pattern Softness.

Thanks for eating all my spare time this week, BB :0)  I'm fascinated with the reptile material, and have been applying it to way too many things (photos eventually).  I found "Pattern Size" (listed as "Pattern Scale"), and Bump's easily found - they are both on the first row as you laid them out.

I can't find "Pattern Softness" among the however many nodes on the Reptile Mat though.  Does it end up with another name in the latest version/update of Poser8?  Anyone find it?

But seriously.  Thank you ALL, and especially BBm for all the excellent stuff you share, even if I have to get my Mech. Engineer major son to explain some of the math.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 11:27 PM

I forgot to include Pattern Softness in the reptile one. I'm not even sure how I'd fold that in - it's a different bump algorithm. (obviously)

Glad you like it. Sorry about your time. grin

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 11:46 PM

file_456371.jpg

Playing with pjz's boots.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:13 AM

Pjz, your suede shader looks like the shoe material called "nubuck".

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 1:03 AM

Well it's actually Bagginsbill's shader, so any credit or blame should go to him ;)  I did tune it a bit for color and of course the holstein map though.

My Freebies

atomd ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 3:33 PM

First off, thanks for the leather shader BB!

I have a question about the leather shader. What would the settings need to be, if I wanted to make metallic leather, like that of 60s sci-fi?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quote - First off, thanks for the leather shader BB!

I have a question about the leather shader. What would the settings need to be, if I wanted to make metallic leather, like that of 60s sci-fi?

You're welcome.

For a metallic leather, the surface isn't leather at all, even though underneath it is. You want a metal shader. There are many varieties, but I'm guessing you want this one:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2704159

atomd ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 2:06 AM

BB, you are the man! That's exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 2:10 PM

That suede shader is EPIC. Sadly I don't have anything to make sueded right now, but I will definitely come back and get it when I need suede in the future 😄

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 2:32 PM

You guys are amazing.  Superb work, both of you.  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 2:17 AM

So did you ever get the Zebra nodes worked out BB?

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 4:48 AM

"I'm just interested to know if the suede looks like suede and the leather looks like leather"

HeyDork, ".those don't look like leather or suede to me at all."

I have to agree.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 8:59 AM

Quote - So did you ever get the Zebra nodes worked out BB?

Nope. I have some ideas in mind how to do procedural patterns like that or leopard, but they can't be implemented in Poser without some new features in the material system.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 9:00 AM

Quote - "I'm just interested to know if the suede looks like suede and the leather looks like leather"

HeyDork, ".those don't look like leather or suede to me at all."

I have to agree.

That was six months ago. Keep reading.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 9:48 AM

Actually I'm pretty sure he was talking about the initial post, also six months ago but you're not to blame for that.

My Freebies

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 10:19 AM

" six months ago"

I thought it was a recent post and failed to notice the 5 further pages. I will be more careful sorry. :)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 11:03 AM

Quote - Actually I'm pretty sure he was talking about the initial post, also six months ago but you're not to blame for that.

Not that this matters to anything, but I'm confused by what you wrote.

I thought he was referring your third post, Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm, because he quoted it.

Your initial post,  Jul 14, 2010 4:46 pm, 4 minutes earlier, was not what he quoted, and did not ask specifically about the materials.

In any case, this is a distinction that escapes me. grin

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 11:40 AM · edited Wed, 15 December 2010 at 11:41 AM

When you make a fool out of yourself, you should at least try to keep a certain amount of dignity and aplomb, and not compond to the folly!

:)

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 2:28 PM
isikol ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 6:29 AM

sorry to dig this out....but is there anywhere the suede shaders in a material file BB?

thanks!!!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 7:16 AM

Page 2, posted Jul 15, 2010 7:55 am

isikol ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 7:18 AM

thanks BB...i saw it but i didn't read that you said to remove the txt fro the filename...

:)

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 11:07 AM

Sorry to resurrect this zombie thread, but...whatever happened to BB's suede shader? It looks amazing, and some of us are still using Firefly.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 1:00 PM

The 2 links on the second page of this thread he referred to above give a Page Not Found error message, so I went to his File Cabinet and found a "WIP" of a Leather shader. He has a link back to the first page of this thread for reference, so I'm assuming this is the shader, as far as he got with it.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/leather

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 1:26 PM

Thanks, I have those shaders (that black leather is my default for leather textures) but the suede isn't included.

He originally uploaded it to his post as an attached file. But it looks like Rosity no longer allows that? Which I guess means all the scripts, etc. that were posted in the forums are gone?

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 4:36 PM

Ahhhh, I thought it might have included both. Hmmmm, yes I too wonder about his scripts, though I would think most, if not all, of them are on his site somewhere.

Butterfly Dezignz

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 7:09 PM · edited Sun, 27 December 2020 at 7:11 PM

I have what I believe is the suede that BB posted on page 2 of this thread - it's accompanied by a text file which echoes his comments about the parameters, anyway. I think he posted an .MT5 file directly - you could do that back then. Fortunately the forum has been upgraded to prevent such generosity. (And also the use of pseudo-HTML tags to indicate sarcasm. Now I remember why I don't bother coming here very often.)

In the absence of any terms of use, I can make it available if BB gives permission.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 7:32 PM

Fortunately the forum has been upgraded to prevent such generosity.

I was afraid of that. ?

And it apparently nuked all the scripts, materials, etc. that people posted here that way in the past. Boo!

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 11:55 PM · edited Sun, 27 December 2020 at 11:55 PM

EnglishBob posted at 11:53PM Sun, 27 December 2020 - #4408762

I have what I believe is the suede that BB posted on page 2 of this thread - it's accompanied by a text file which echoes his comments about the parameters, anyway. I think he posted an .MT5 file directly - you could do that back then. Fortunately the forum has been upgraded to prevent such generosity. (And also the use of pseudo-HTML tags to indicate sarcasm. Now I remember why I don't bother coming here very often.)

In the absence of any terms of use, I can make it available if BB gives permission.

Ohhh, so THAT's what caused those error messages.

Well if BB gives permission for you to share it, I'd certainly like it, and I'm sure @randym77 will as well.

Butterfly Dezignz

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2020 at 8:41 AM

Please do share it. Anything I post in a forum (not my site) is/was meant to be spread by others.

The loss of these attachments is, in part, why I stopped writing here.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2020 at 1:06 PM · edited Mon, 28 December 2020 at 1:06 PM

bagginsbill posted at 1:05PM Mon, 28 December 2020 - #4408796

Please do share it. Anything I post in a forum (not my site) is/was meant to be spread by others.

Thanks for stopping by and giving permission to share it, as I missed getting it when you originally posted those attachments.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 12:12 PM · edited Tue, 29 December 2020 at 12:13 PM

Since the door is open, any chance of a Superfly suede shader?

The one they include in Poser 11 isn't that good.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 6:12 PM

bagginsbill posted at 6:10PM Tue, 29 December 2020 - #4408796

Same here. Also, I had forgotten that forum notifications don't work.

So, without further ado: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpdEhMEPabUY3YSdrQUXu7sKGE0mgBCh/view?usp=sharing

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 8:36 PM
Site Admin

For superfly, try this shader. Copy and paste it into a text editor and save as an mt5 file

{

version
    {
    number 12
    build 340
    }
actor $CURRENT
    {
    material Preview
        {
        KdColor 1 1 1 1 
        KaColor 0 0 0 0 
        KsColor 0 0 0 1 
        TextureColor 1 1 1 1 
        NsExponent 3.84615 
        tMin 0 
        tMax 0 
        tExpo 0 
        bumpStrength 0.0984252 
        ksIgnoreTexture 0 
        reflectThruLights 0 
        reflectThruKd 0 
        textureMap NO_MAP
        bumpMap NO_MAP
        reflectionMap NO_MAP
        transparencyMap NO_MAP
        ReflectionColor 1 1 1 0 
        reflectionStrength 0 
        shaderTree
            {
            node "CyclesSurface" "CyclesSurface"
                {
                name "CyclesSurface"
                pos 0 179
                advancedInputsCollapsed 0
                nodeInput "Surface"
                    {
                    name "Surface"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_MixClosure:Closure"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Volume"
                    {
                    name "Volume"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Displacement"
                    {
                    name "Displacement"
                    value 0.1 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_MixClosure" "ccl_MixClosure"
                {
                name "MixClosure"
                pos 212 196
                nodeInput "Fac"
                    {
                    name "Fac"
                    value 0.5 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_Fresnel:Fac"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Closure1"
                    {
                    name "Closure1"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_DiffuseBsdf:BSDF"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Closure2"
                    {
                    name "Closure2"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_VelvetBsdf:BSDF"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_Fresnel" "ccl_Fresnel"
                {
                name "Fresnel"
                pos 468 96
                nodeInput "Normal"
                    {
                    name "Normal"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "IOR"
                    {
                    name "IOR"
                    value 2 0 1.45
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_DiffuseBsdf" "ccl_DiffuseBsdf"
                {
                name "DiffuseBsdf"
                pos 440 189
                nodeInput "Color"
                    {
                    name "Color"
                    value 0.8 0.8 0.8
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "Simple_Color"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Normal"
                    {
                    name "Normal"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_Bump:Normal"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Roughness"
                    {
                    name "Roughness"
                    value 0 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_VelvetBsdf" "ccl_VelvetBsdf"
                {
                name "VelvetBsdf"
                pos 436 288
                nodeInput "Color"
                    {
                    name "Color"
                    value 0.8 0.8 0.8
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_BrightContrast:Color"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Normal"
                    {
                    name "Normal"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_Bump:Normal"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Sigma"
                    {
                    name "Sigma"
                    value 0.8 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_BrightContrast" "ccl_BrightContrast"
                {
                name "BrightContrast"
                pos 677 171
                nodeInput "Color"
                    {
                    name "Color"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "Simple_Color"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Bright"
                    {
                    name "Bright"
                    value 0.08 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Contrast"
                    {
                    name "Contrast"
                    value 0 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "simple_color" "Simple_Color"
                {
                name "Simple_Color"
                pos -13 94
                nodeInput "Color"
                    {
                    name "Color"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_ImageTexture" "ccl_ImageTexture"
                {
                name "ImageTexture"
                pos 647 471
                nodeInput "Vector"
                    {
                    name "Vector"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_Mapping:Vector"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Color Space"
                    {
                    name "Color Space"
                    value 1 0 0
                    enumValue 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Projection"
                    {
                    name "Projection"
                    value 1 0 0
                    enumValue 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Extension"
                    {
                    name "Extension"
                    value 3 0 0
                    enumValue 2
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Interpolation"
                    {
                    name "Interpolation"
                    value 1 0 0
                    enumValue 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Image"
                    {
                    name "Image"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file ":Runtime:Textures:suede bump.png"
                    }
                gamma scene
                }
            node "ccl_Mapping" "ccl_Mapping"
                {
                name "Mapping"
                pos 869 487
                nodeInput "Vector"
                    {
                    name "Vector"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_TextureCoordinate:UV"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Location"
                    {
                    name "Location"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Rotation"
                    {
                    name "Rotation"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Scale"
                    {
                    name "Scale"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Vector Type"
                    {
                    name "Vector Type"
                    value 1 0 0
                    enumValue 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Use Min/Max"
                    {
                    name "Use Min/Max"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Minimum"
                    {
                    name "Minimum"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Maximum"
                    {
                    name "Maximum"
                    value 1 1 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            node "ccl_TextureCoordinate" "ccl_TextureCoordinate"
                {
                name "TextureCoordinate"
                pos 1110 467
                }
            node "ccl_Bump" "ccl_Bump"
                {
                name "Bump"
                pos 681 284
                nodeInput "Height"
                    {
                    name "Height"
                    value 0 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node "ccl_ImageTexture:Color"
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Normal"
                    {
                    name "Normal"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Strength"
                    {
                    name "Strength"
                    value 0.3 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Distance"
                    {
                    name "Distance"
                    value 0.1 0 1
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                nodeInput "Invert"
                    {
                    name "Invert"
                    value 0 0 0
                    parmR NO_PARM
                    parmG NO_PARM
                    parmB NO_PARM
                    node NO_NODE
                    file NO_MAP
                    }
                }
            fireflyRoot "CyclesSurface" 
            superflyRoot "CyclesSurface" 
            }
        }
    }
}

here is the image you need with it. It's my own creation so feel free to distribute it with the shader. It's supposed to be a png. I don't know what format the forum will save it as. It might need to be converted.

suede bump.png

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 9:36 PM

Thank you, BB and EnglishBob! Looks terrific. One scroll saved from this virtual burning of the library of Alexandria...

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 7:45 PM

EnglishBob posted at 7:43PM Wed, 30 December 2020 - #4408914

So, without further ado: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpdEhMEPabUY3YSdrQUXu7sKGE0mgBCh/view?usp=sharing

Hmmm . . .That link is giving me a blank white page, and I'm assuming that's not what it's supposed to do.

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 9:03 PM

Miss B posted at 8:59PM Wed, 30 December 2020 - #4408997

Hmmm . . .That link is giving me a blank white page, and I'm assuming that's not what it's supposed to do.

You'll get a blank page if you have scripts blocked.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 10:15 PM

randym77 posted at 10:11PM Wed, 30 December 2020 - #4409001

Miss B posted at 8:59PM Wed, 30 December 2020 - #4408997

You'll get a blank page if you have scripts blocked.

Hmmmm, OK. I guess that sort of makes sense. I'll try again and see what happens.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 10:21 PM

Well, I checked my browser settings, and my Norton/Lifelock settings, and I don't see anything that mentions blocking scripts. Hmmmm . . .

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 11:40 PM

I'll email it to you if you PM me your email address.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 1:58 PM

randym77 posted at 1:58PM Thu, 31 December 2020 - #4409011

I'll email it to you if you PM me your email address.

Done, and thanks. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 4:53 PM

Sent. If Google decides to permit attachments today.

If anyone else is having trouble, it might help to try a different browser. IME, Edge/Internet Explorer doesn't block anything. ;-) And Chrome is a Google product, so maybe will get along with Google Drive better?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.