Wed, Sep 18, 2:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Miki 3.0

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 11:46 AM

As I understand it, Poser doesn't do REAL SSS - what it does is an approximation of real SSS. It can look quite nice, but it's not the real thing.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:33 PM

The Fastscatter node does not really provide SSS, Firefly cannot do that yet. Or how would you make believable wax?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

corinthianscori ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 6:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_462997.jpg

Hm...does anyone know where the empty dials in Miki 3 are? I'm making a face morph for her and can't make an INJ/REM because I can't locate any empty dials like V4 has.

Here's a pic of what Im working on for Miki 3. I only have Poser 6 so...dynamic clothes only from me. Oh and this texture for her.

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 12:39 AM

The CP figures do not have empty dials. I think there is a python script to add some, but I haven't found it up to now, will look again after work today.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

corinthianscori ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 11:08 AM

NOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooo*splat!

My computer died. Took all my work with it. Backups...didn't take.

SoooooOOOOoooo...re-doing Miki 3 character pack from scratch. Going to make a different hair. I LOVED that hair(seen earlier in thread). It made her look like Wiley Kit(or Kat. Whoever the girl was!)

Does anyone know if Miki 3' neck can stretch without distorting the mesh - like, is there a morph?

manoloz ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 4:07 PM

You don't really need empty dials if you add your dials via pmd files. Much much easier IMVHO, no scripts necessary.

Nerd3d has an excellent tutorial on the subject, written for Poser6, but still valid.

http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

corinthianscori ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 12:39 PM

file_463406.jpg

> Quote - You don't really need empty dials if you add your dials via pmd files. Much much easier IMVHO, no scripts necessary. > > Nerd3d has an excellent tutorial on the subject, written for Poser6, but still valid. > > [ http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13](http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13) > >   > >  

O..O

Uhhhhmmmm....code? [brain: resetting]

Whoa! Did I just visit the matrix?! Me and coding don't get along! LOL Thank you for the link but my brain just can't handle coding things:D WYSIWYGs only for me!

Meantime, I've gone ahead and started to remake my Miki3 stuff but its not as shader-complicated as it had been:( Really sad too! I'd figured out the holygrail of shader'ings: laying a color'ed tattoo over a skin texture. Now I cant recall how I set it up and have settled for a lesser version of what I had before this incarnation. So sad:( Everything happens for a reason so I just used this as a way to do a better/differnt job.

Anyway....LOOK AT THIS HAIR! It's wild!! Had to make a new skullcap too! oye

Miki3 comes with some awesome morphs! If only I had Poser 8 I could actually USE them! But I can't...alas Poser 6 is my tomb and I fear(cue the little violin) I will have to purchase a new laptop long before I upgrade!

DarthJ ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 1:11 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_463410.jpg

quote :

I'd figured out the holygrail of shader'ings: laying a color'ed tattoo over a skin texture. Now I cant recall how I set it up

Something like this ?

http://www.superheroinecentral.com/mrx/xpage/decaltutorial/decaltutorial.htm

Look down the page for the tattoo part.

corinthianscori ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 2:15 PM

Quote - quote :

I'd figured out the holygrail of shader'ings: laying a color'ed tattoo over a skin texture. Now I cant recall how I set it up

Something like this ?

http://www.superheroinecentral.com/mrx/xpage/decaltutorial/decaltutorial.htm

Look down the page for the tattoo part.

Yeah! This'll work! I'd been using MathNodes, myself but I think I'l give this other method a try! Good looking out DarthJ!

And here's the crazy thing. JUST before I read your reply I figured out how to layer the tattoo over Miki3's skin texture! C'est la vie, right? ! LOL But I like this other method of using a tiny decal instead of a full-size overlay decal. It's a lot more responsible to work with tiny images, if possible, to keep down the size of product files for customers.

corinthianscori ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 7:21 PM · edited Thu, 30 December 2010 at 7:24 PM

file_463526.jpg

So my computer died - completely. Lost all my work and the backups failed.

Started over again: I like how this new version of Miki is coming out. Opportunites abound, right?

I will say this much for Miki3: she has some great included-morphs. She's an incredible value for the money. Still, I can't begin to use her in my obsolete Poser 6:D heheh

Here's how she's looking now(cropped to keep her broken body hidden). The hair is called "Crow's Nest" in honor oh the fallen "Crow" Miki project that got taken down with my laptop.

In this version I'm combining the tricks that DarthJ showed me with my previous shader network.

The white pain on the face and the tattoo as well as makeup are all just little masks or whatever, for big effects with tiny files.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 3:43 PM

It`s somehow a little bit frustrating. Nearly no textures for Miki 3, nearly no morph packages and that after 6 weeks.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

corinthianscori ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 4:14 PM

Quote - It`s somehow a little bit frustrating. Nearly no textures for Miki 3, nearly no morph packages and that after 6 weeks.

I'm working on it! Uhm but I can offer face morphs since I don't have Poser 8+ to test the morphs with - no idea what those weight magnets would do to a full body morph though I want to make them.

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 7:16 PM

None? Really?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.