Wed, Sep 18, 1:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Miki 3.0

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2010 at 12:21 AM

I neglected to say thank you.  Thank you Einzelganger for the mesh pics.  And thank you 3Dream for the Miki 3 head morph.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 1:58 AM

Would someone who has already bought Miki 3 do us who are on the fence (and Smith Micro, by way of consequence) a favor - post the following image, please: from left to right, Miki 3 default, and then each of her full body morphs (with the name of each FBM below). It seems as though they have no idea how to do marketing or promos over there (except for when a new version of Poser is on the way).

BucmaTemar ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 12:33 PM

I bought Miki today, installed on my Mac.

Am I seeing things, or she a bit cross-eyed?

Haruchai ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 1:33 PM · edited Mon, 06 December 2010 at 1:34 PM

file_462579.jpg

OK. Loaded her up, set the sit dial to 0.5 in the "Advanced" Body Controls and got huge dents it the thighs.

Am I missing something or does everyone get this? Can this be avoided?

Any help gratefully received.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 6:02 PM · edited Mon, 06 December 2010 at 6:08 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_462593.jpg

> Quote - Would someone who has already bought Miki 3 do us who are on the fence (and Smith Micro, by way of consequence) a favor - post the following image, please: from left to right, Miki 3 default, and then each of her full body morphs (with the name of each FBM below). It seems as though they have no idea how to do marketing or promos over there (except for when a new version of Poser is on the way).

Here ya go. NOTE! I am rendering the beta final release candidate. There may be differences in the actual released version, but I have not downloaded it yet. If anybody sees a big difference in the final versus what I'm showing here, let me know and I'll DL and build this again.

Left to right, each set to 1.0:

No morph, AnimeBody, BodyBuilder, Emaciated, Heavy, Pregnant, Thin, Voluptuous

All have the FBM NipplesAndGenitals set to 1. It does not come in that way by default.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 2:25 AM

Thanks, I may just get her after all :)

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:10 AM

i would buy this if i would know if there is some hair for Miki 3?

Haruchai ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:19 AM

Quote - i would buy this if i would know if there is some hair for Miki 3?

She comes with two new hairstyles in the pack.

Also there is this

http://www.runtimedna.com/HCS_Miki3.html

and this

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=83485

Hope this helps

bagoas ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 12:53 PM

And V4, V3 etc. prop hair is easily transposed.

Quote - > Quote - i would buy this if i would know if there is some hair for Miki 3?

She comes with two new hairstyles in the pack.

Also there is this

http://www.runtimedna.com/HCS_Miki3.html

and this

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=83485

Hope this helps

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:17 PM · edited Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:18 PM

I really like the lineup of body types for Miki 3.  This figure has some very nice morphs!  Wow!  The joint handling looks pretty standard for Poser figures, however.  :sad:  This isn't the great leap forward yet, but it looks like a pretty good figure.  I think I may have to go in for one, once the money settles after the holiday.  :thumbupboth:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:40 PM

What is up with that hip bend, that looks terrible.  The knee and elbow bends aren't very good but wow, that hip bend is awful.  I see some bad mesh intersection at the neck too.

My Freebies

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:48 PM

Quote - What is up with that hip bend, that looks terrible.  The knee and elbow bends aren't very good but wow, that hip bend is awful.  I see some bad mesh intersection at the neck too.

I was wondering the same thing. I dont know who they have rigging for them but he/she sucks at it, and needs to move out of the way and let someone who knows what they are doing get in there.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:53 PM

Actually I see problems at the ankle, toes and collars too.  Are those pics from Poser 7 or something, or does the figure bend like that in P8?

My Freebies

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:02 PM · edited Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:16 PM

Haruchai is using P8 I notice. But she shouldn't break that bad even in P6. Love the expressions textures and mats though.

Edit: My earlier post seems a bit mean. I dont intend to be mean just honest. I will buy the figure anyway just because I support Poser and I like Teyons work in most cases. But I have to say that the rigging in the Poser figures is soo very poor. I have often wondered if the rigger is not purposesly sabotaging the figures, I just don't understand how anyone on a professional level could possibly be that bad at their job. Come on if it was anywhere else they would have recieved their pink slip already.

Haruchai ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:27 PM

Quote - Haruchai is using P8 I notice.

I have also now got Poser Pro 2010 (just not updated my sig) and tried her in both to make sure it wasn't program specific.

Anyone else seen this? If so how did it get through testing?

Not intending to do a lot of nude renders but still......

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:31 PM

Nude or not, if the rig has problems then conformers will have the same problems (since they must use the same rig, for the most part).  Those bad bends are not the kind of thing you should fix with JCM, those are coming from bad joint configuration.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:41 PM

file_462659.jpg

Not claiming to be a master rigger over here, but which of these looks more natural, the default G2 knee:

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:42 PM · edited Tue, 07 December 2010 at 4:43 PM

file_462660.jpg

or this:

(tbh both of these look more natural than that Miki 3 knee)

My Freebies

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 5:38 PM

The changes that need to be made to the rigging (P4-PoserPro 2010) are really so very simple and basic. (JP's)

You know through these past years since I have been working with Poser I keep the hope. Stiff upper lip and all that. Cheering for the home team..... I tell people things like "I think we will see something better in the figures in the future." I make excuses for the poor bending. I constantly back Poser over similar progs, cause I know its not the progs fault. Things will get better....

There comes a time though when I just have to face the music, things are not going to get better. Because for whatever reason SM will not get someone in there to do the job. I love Poser, and I am sad. Weight mapping would be great, but it will solve nothing if the figures still have bad JP's.

Please SM, please take pity on your customers. I am heart broken.

hangs head and shuffles off to bed to dream of what Poser could be.

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 6:07 PM · edited Tue, 07 December 2010 at 6:11 PM

Quote - There comes a time though when I just have to face the music, things are not going to get better. Because for whatever reason SM will not get someone in there to do the job. I love Poser, and I am sad. Weight mapping would be great, but it will solve nothing if the figures still have bad JP's.

I assume that a certain (lower than I'd like) standard of quality is being held for Poser figure joints.  I guess most Poser and Daz users don't care about good joint handling very much.  Each new figure is neither too much better than nor too much worse than any existing figure.  They all live up to the current Poser standard, settle for meeting expectations rather than exceeding them.  :sad:

I'm hoping all of the recent discussion about weight mapping will at least make people notice the quality of bending on their figures.  If people start to notice, maybe they'll start to want something better and the acceptable standard will change.

In the meantime, you seem more level-headed about bad joints than I've often been.  :lol:  Before Antonia came along, I used to try to improve joint handling myself.  I'm not good at it, and the current joint system is more art than science, hard to learn.  More than once Cage lost his temper and things were broken.  :lol:  😊

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 6:31 PM

It is an art I suppose.  A mechanical sort of art, much like figuring out the gears to keep the planets rotating in order on a solar system model. Antonia.. she  is a great one.  :)

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 2:18 PM

file_462780.jpg

*Nice Japanese lady combing her hair ?*

Combined Miki 3's texture with a V4 shader (by Maskedit) and a V3 dynamic kimono.

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 2:20 PM

file_462781.jpg

*Not so nice Japanese lady about to sushi-fy someone.*

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 4:53 PM

Quote - Nice Japanese lady combing her hair ?

Combined Miki 3's texture with a V4 shader (by Maskedit) and a V3 dynamic kimono.

Why did you use that shader instead of the one that comes with Miki3?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagoas ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 4:57 PM

Quote - It is an art I suppose.  A mechanical sort of art, much like figuring out the gears to keep the planets rotating in order on a solar system model. Antonia.. she  is a great one.  :)

Agree. I moved Antonia back in my start-up scene.

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:13 PM

file_462791.jpg

quote :

Why did you use that shader instead of the one that comes with Miki3?

While other vendors offer high quality textures too what they are mostly lacking are shaders such as Maskedit's which are the best I have encountered so far. Maybe a question of personal taste.

Unfortunately his products are no longer available if I'm not mistaken.

PS : would somebody please make ordinary panties for Miki 3 ?

corinthianscori ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:21 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:25 PM

file_462792.jpg

> Quote - quote : > > *Why did you use that shader instead of the one that comes with Miki3?* > > While other vendors offer high quality textures too what they are mostly lacking are shaders such as Maskedit's which are the best I have encountered so far. Maybe a question of personal taste. > > Unfortunately his products are no longer available if I'm not mistaken. > > PS : would somebody please make ordinary panties for Miki 3 ?

That's a beatiful shader from Maskedit. I don't think I've heard of that vendor - do they have anything famous I can go look at, a website...something?

This is my own skin shader on Miki 3. There will be this version, a light and a dark skin version. Nice!

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:41 PM

file_462793.jpg

From my photographic memory (which makes only blurry pictures) I remember seeing a message announcing the vendor quit producing and selling Poser stuff because of his Real World chores taking too much time. There is/was no personal website either I think. A great loss for the Poser community.

However, did find a link to a (no longer sold) product page :

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=20971

Render : Miki 2 using one of his shaders and (converted V4) textures. The dragon is not part of that texture, only playing around with various settings of the blender node.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:45 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:47 PM

Are you in Poser 8 or Pro 2010?

Note: I'm asking because

1. I get better results than that. I think your lighting is off.

2. I wrote the Miki3 shader for SM.

3. VSS works even better than what you have, or the Miki 3 shader. SM didn't want to publish a complicated shader so they forced me to keep it simple.

4. If you are in Pro 2010 and you enable render GC, you'll see an unbelievable difference.

NOTE: Programmers count from 0. grin

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 8:17 PM
  1. P8, only a quick render using a single white light with raytrace shadows and ambient occlusion.

1) The result still looks too greyish for me. Maybe the result of "keeping it simple" ?

1. I Should try VSS once. Did you sign the evil kind of papers still allowing SM to keep you from releasing a complicated shader ?

2. Would someone offer me an upgrade to Pro 2010 please ?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:47 PM

Well I'm pleasantly surprised at my new toy L And she does come with a lot of stuff when you consider the price - less than $14 if you use that coupon code at the top of the forum here ;)

I like her and I think she bends ok (what I've seen so far at least)

There's some problems with the shirt, the FBMs doesn't work (not the Miki3 morphs at least) but .. you can dial them in manually so it's no biggie. 

Actually IMO her biggest "problem" is her ears, they lack details! But the rest of her is cute and she does look Japanese to me ^^

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:53 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 10:01 PM

The ears bug me, too. Same as Sydney and what's her name from Poser 8. It isn't just a lack of detail - it's odd.

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 10:59 PM

file_462803.jpg

Using VSS with "beach" light preset.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 11:44 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 11:45 PM

Cool! I don't know if you found the discussion of this, but when I made those light sets I made the IBL's way too hot. Cut the intensity of them in half.

And you're using the PR3 shader, right? Don't use the older ones. They are bad. Bad I tell you!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 11:49 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 11:49 PM

I made a tool that helps a lot for getting light levels right. It's the BBLightMeter. It's a prop you put in the scene and render it - the rendering of the prop reveals if you have too much light (it turns red) or not enough (it turns black). When things are just right, it makes big white circles that slightly overlap.

It has two parts - the inner measures diffuse light and the outer measures specular light.

It's here:

http://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/file-cabinet/BBLightMeter.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Read why you want it here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3642925&ebot_calc_page#message_3642925

and follow links from there.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 12:09 AM

file_462804.jpg

This is the "field" light preset with the BBLM. Looks about right, except that the skin looks very dry.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:08 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:09 AM

No it's not right. The yellow means close to too much. When you see it on half the light meter, it is to much. A  touch of yellow is OK.

Any orange or red is bad.

And in order to see some 3D, you really want some contrast - light from below should not be near solid white like that. You want the upper part of the disk to have more white than the lower part.

Also, notice the specular ring is black. That means you're using only IBL and getting no specular effects. I wondered about that - it being VSS there should be some nice shine on the skin. But somehow the specular lighting is gone. That's why the skin looks dry.

IBL only affects diffuse lighting in Poser. We use other lights to balance. Sometimes we make an infinite or a spot with less Diffuse_Color in it, perhaps even 0 (black). Such a light (black diffuse) is called a specular-only light.

We have to use IBL for fast global illumination, but used alone it produces that dry look. You want to balance it correctly with specular-only lights. That's why the BBLightMeter is so great. If things are in balance, the ring and the disk will look about the same. If one is white and the other is dark, it is not balanced.

When I submitted those original VSS light sets, I didn't yet have a full grasp of this - that's why they are not so good. I should get my ass in gear and delete those and provide good ones.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:36 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:38 AM

file_462823.jpg

I spoke to soon after waking up. When I said "any orange or red is bad", that was too much a blanket statement.

In some cases, you want a little over exposure - to get that outdoor blazing sun look. Also, if you enable HSV Exponential tone mapping, it is impossible to overexpose, and so more red is acceptable.

It's been a while since I did some Poser 8 style rendering (i.e. without render GC) but I just did a little tweaking and see that good results are possible with "simple" shaders.

This is the standard Miki3 Basic skin, rendered in Poser Pro 2010 but only using P8 features.

I made adjustments to the lighting and the tone mapping that are pretty simple.

Today is a busy day for me at home, but perhaps tomorrow I will have time to post some details.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:37 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:38 AM

file_462824.jpg

Taking advantage of how HSV ETM works, here I intentionally bumped up the light levels. Not bad.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:41 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:56 AM

file_462825.jpg

Another thing: If you can afford the render time, use IDL, not IBL. (Actually for me IDL is often faster than IBL+AO. But I have a fast computer.)

Here I enabled IDL and the color of my sky and ground is actually being used instead of some arbitrary colors in an IBL image.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:55 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:56 AM

file_462826.jpg

To be honest, though, while all gamma compensation techniques have their uses (more light, ETM, shader GC, arbitrary shader tweaking, postwork), my opinion of the superiority of render GC still stands.

This is the same shader and IDL is on, but with render GC enabled instead of HSV ETM.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:01 AM

file_462827.jpg

Shader GC (as provided in VSS) gets you darn close though.

Here:

1. Render GC is off

2. Using VSS shader instead of Miki3 Basic.

3. VSS shader tweaks: Shine=.3, Diffuse Reflectivity=.8, SSS=.3.

4. Using IDL

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 2:16 PM

file_462842.jpg

Your totally black disc doesn't agree with me but this is the most satisfactory result so far : some shine on her skin, metals do not render white or black, correct shadows (map size 1024), correct reflections, no fading of other materials.
  • VSS shader, no modifications.

• single infinite white light, raytrace shadows (shadows = 0.5), ambient occlusion (0.4).

For only a slight visible improvement IDL takes way too long to render in P8.

corinthianscori ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 2:53 PM

Quote - From my photographic memory (which makes only blurry pictures) I remember seeing a message announcing the vendor quit producing and selling Poser stuff because of his Real World chores taking too much time. There is/was no personal website either I think. A great loss for the Poser community.

However, did find a link to a (no longer sold) product page :

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=20971

Render : Miki 2 using one of his shaders and (converted V4) textures. The dragon is not part of that texture, only playing around with various settings of the blender node.

Okay, NOW I remember MaskEdit! Great work by them! I thought I recognized the name somehow! So yes, I agree this was one of the great ones. It's a real shame their stuff is gone. If he'd advanced into using SSS I think he'd dominate the marketplace.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 3:21 PM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 3:23 PM

Quote - Your totally black disc doesn't agree

You have it under the roof? In shadow?

Agree the picture looks good - never seen the meter misbehave in the past.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 4:05 PM

file_462847.jpg

quote :

You have it under the roof? In shadow?

No, it's in exactly the same position as before (at her right hand). Slighty in front of the building. Rendering pitchblack.

What's funny, to show you the disc's position I moved camera and light and now the disc does behave, even showing a "correct" lighting. 

corinthianscori ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:31 PM

file_462858.jpg

Once again, I'm working in Poser 6. So...I'm limited to the Cloth | Material Rooms for what I can produce.

I'm making a character about the japanese and crows. Here is a low quality render of the dynamic Crow Cloak(yeah...I know its a lame name, shad up! lol)

corinthianscori ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:42 PM

OH! Also: about the skin texturing thing in POser, has anyone found a good use for epidermus, subdermal, and SSS maps?

I made use of them for this character, but...it just seems like a waste of rendering power because Poser insists on putting these horrible bands of color where a smooth gradient should be whenever I use SSS and raytracing(never above a 3 value). Either my computer sucks(yes, its a office-type laptop thats over a decade old) or Poser doesnt do SSS well.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:14 AM

Poser doesn't do Sub Surface Scatering.

corinthianscori ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:58 AM

Oh Poser does SSS all right. In spades!

Check out some of my gallery for some SSS pics and this product I made that uses SSS to shine light through skin(lava skin, but still! LOL)

Kenya: China

Kenya: China Expansion

Admittedly, I don't get much problems from Poser and SSS when I use a control map, but just adding SSS via the Material Rooms auto-add node...issues.

Ah well can't have everything!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.