Tue, Oct 1, 5:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Is this too bright?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 9:40 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:11 PM
Site Admin

Does anyone else think this picute is too bright or do i need to calibrate my monitor?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 9:45 PM

a  link would help

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 9:55 PM
Site Admin

Sorry, internet is acting up again. Is that better?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 10:01 PM

it  kinda washes out her neck and  leaves head floating so i would dim the lights a  little mayhap change thier angel

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 10:04 PM

The clothes and background look fine to me . The skin tone is very light but that might be ok.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 4:32 AM · edited Mon, 14 February 2011 at 4:33 AM

Gamma 1.8, 2.2?  Your image is the highest gamma I've seen in awhile for posted WIPs.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 5:59 AM
Site Admin

I don't have gamma control. I'm using p8.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 6:11 AM · edited Mon, 14 February 2011 at 6:13 AM

I think it's not so much too bright, but rather that it is over compensated - mid-tones shifted too far.

Antonia shaders are from VSS with shader gamma set to 2.2. Is that Antonia that you used?

Is tone mapping enabled? If so at what values? (There are two)

It could also just be over lit.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 10:05 AM

Also when using Gamma if the skin (daz characters) has the default light blue diffuse tint it will look washed out or too white-pale. There are several free scripts available to change the diffuse tint to 1,1,1 or all white on just the body of the character.

VSS rocks and it's free!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 7:25 PM
Site Admin

I did use Antonia. I don't see a node labled as gamma correction nor do I see any with the value of 2.2. I won't argue with you because I don't know jack about vss but I don't know how I can find it to fix it.

the tone mapping is turned off.

I have one infinate light at 1% intensity. The rest are turned off.

Turning off that light didn't help either.

I don't see any blue in the material.

I included a screen shot of some of my settings.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 8:50 PM · edited Mon, 14 February 2011 at 8:53 PM

Something in your scene has a lot of ambient intensity, as I use an infinite light at ~30% with BB's Envirosphere when I use IDL for an outdoor scene.

BTW, if you go to Scripts>Partners>Dimension 3D>Render Firefly you will have access to a lot more settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 9:24 PM
Site Admin

I don't see any different in the choice of settings in the firefly script and the render settings. Could we have different versions?

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 9:51 PM

I'm not at my Poser computer right now, but the big difference is the script has a setting to control the IDL intensity.  However,  I noted the script as an aside; I was really wondering where all of that ambient light is coming from....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

FightingWolf ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 12:16 AM

It looks bright on my end. Not just the figure but the background as well. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 5:46 AM
Site Admin

Just to see what would happen, I rendered it without any lights and this is the results.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 7:24 AM

Are you using a glowing sphere around everything? Is it white?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 8:34 AM
Site Admin

I have your hemisphere on it. It is white, but I don't know if it's glowing. I'm at work.  It has the default texture that it loads with.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 11:24 AM

Then it is glowing white, and the scene is rendering as it should under those circumstances.

The EnvSphere doesn't come with images, but is intended that you use an image. The IDL lighting will then come from the data in the image. Since it is pure white at the moment, the lighting is the equivalent of being in a blast furnace.

If you were to load an image into the sphere, perhaps of sky or the interior of a room, then the lighting will be more realistic.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2011 at 8:08 PM
Site Admin

I'll try that.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2011 at 6:01 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2011 at 6:08 AM
Site Admin

How about this? Better? Still needs work?

edit: we are currently experiancing technical difficulties please stand by.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2011 at 6:07 AM
Site Admin

Ok, how about now

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2011 at 6:40 AM

The ambient light is better - now I can see a shadow.

I'd actually increase the main light here.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2011 at 12:19 PM

I'm not an expert, so I should probably mention this to see what's going on here: for some reason it seems like the diffuse lighting is too high to me.  Is that correct and is that on purpose?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.