Wed, Sep 18, 7:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Interesting Teaser From DAZ

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 12:02 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 6:02 AM

From Facebook...

"We want to invite Poser, Bryce and Carrara users to give Genesis a try while it, and DAZ Studio are still free. You don't have to switch apps, we are not asking you to... but we really think you will enjoy taking Genesis on a test drive-- and hey... it is all free :) And once those apps are updated to support Genesis, you will be ahead of the game! " [italics mine]

http://www.facebook.com/DAZ3D.FanPage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 1:02 PM

I don't even know what "Genesis" is.

I also don't see anything called "Genesis" available free at Daz.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

geep ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 1:22 PM

Ditto :blink:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 1:48 PM

Their new character set for Daz Studio 4. One figure that can be morphed into all sorts of sizes and shapes. Adults, children, monsters, animals. Works only in Daz at this point. After reading about DS4 on Daz's forums, I was so underimpressed, I have it downloaded, but haven't installed it yet.  I'm still learning Poser, don't need more work.

DarrenUK ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 1:50 PM

It's not a teaser. the genesis figure is the new one included in Daz Studio 4.

Although it says that they are not asking us to change software, basically they are saying "try out Daz Studio 4 and the genesis figure while they are still free, then when Poser, Carrara etc are updated to accept the new figure, you will already have experience using it"

In other words "try our software, you might like it so much that you keep using it!" ;)

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 2:29 PM · edited Fri, 22 July 2011 at 2:33 PM

file_471111.gif

Forget about Genesis, it's already obsolete. My new Exodus© figure represents the latest breakthrough in 3D figures.

Features:

Unique "Flat as a Pancake" technology!

Exquisite mat files included free with base figure (choice of white with black border or black with white border)!

Highly realistic face morphs. You won't believe it not a real human (if you drink enough beer first)!

All bending problems solved by new RIGID technology!

A wide range of replaceable genitals, ranging from "not interested", through "Catherine Zeta-Jones just walked into the room", to "bring me an Elephant"!

Works with Poser, DAZ studio, or Paper and Scissors!

Detachable limbs, you don't know what real horror is till you see Exodus©!

Get a leading edge, see the future today, get Exodus© now!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 4:00 PM
Site Admin

Les, looks good. I'll take 2.

Genisis isn't bad. It's neat morph from child to adult, male to female, etc. I just can't stand DS. If I could use it in Poser, maybeit might catch on better. So far I don't see much content availble for it either. When V4 had been out this long she had a whole wardrobe, fully jewelry box, and enough morphs and textures to rivel any 80's spy kit.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 4:02 PM

ROFLMAO @ Les Bentley

Not sure, though, whether I should hold out for Deuteronomy.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 4:02 PM

Gene comes with DS4.

I don't like DS4 as I hate the interface (finding my way around to what I want is a PITA) and I can't use Gene on my PC because of the way daz installed her.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 5:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'm with Winterclaw about the DS4 interface. So damned difficult to find anything.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 5:44 PM

V3 didn't have a ton of content when she first came out.

Love esther

PS I like the new exodus figure.  But I don't see much support for it yet here in the MP.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

vholf ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 7:07 PM

This sounds interesting, from DAZ_Rand (DAZ Product Management), this thread, page 11.

Quote - ...use a new technology that we call GeoGrafting and it will allow the attatchment of all kinds of fun rigged stuff like wings, extra arms, tails, horns, animal ears placed on top of the head, antennae, and even the simple removal of things like ears. This goes far beyond simple conforming which is problematic. I watched a demo of the tech today and its pretty sweet.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 7:18 PM

lesbentley you have not ticked the nudity flag for your new figure.

I suppose the mods are going to remove the image soon.

Love esther

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 7:47 PM

file_471114.png

Dear estherau,

Sorry about the nudity flag, too late now, can't edit the post.

As Exodus© is a brand new figure, and at the moment in an advanced beta version, there is not much support for the figure yet, but I expect that to change with the first stable release. In the meantime I have included an image of some accessories that are in the pipeline.

Its also worth pointing out that Exodus© uses a new technology called HardGrafting to add things like ears, wings, tails, and naughty bits. This goes far beyond simple conforming, and makes conforming very complicated.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 7:50 PM

that looks great.  Now if you could just render in a temple with a sword...

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 8:29 PM

Quote - I don't even know what "Genesis" is.

THIS is genesis.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 8:58 PM

Genesis forbidden is! - Star Trek III...;)

And now, for the Return of the Giant Hogweed...woops, wrong Genesis....;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 9:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_471118.jpg

> Quote - Now if you could just render in a temple with a sword...

Your wish is my command!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 9:34 PM

eek, I didn't mean totally naked!  I'm shocked.

Love esther

PS nice render though.  Did you have shadows turned on or does your model require an additional shadowmaking component?

And maybe render with GC on next time.  

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 9:52 PM

file_471119.jpg

> Quote - Did you have shadows turned on or does your model require an additional shadowmaking component?

The base figure is free, but the shadow is an add-on and costs $50.00.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 9:54 PM
Online Now!

I'm in love with Exodus. May I request the privilege of being one of its first content makers? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

I absolutely LOVE the humor in these forums. <3

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 10:24 PM

file_471120.jpg

> Quote - May I request the privilege of being one of its first content makers?

I would be honoured to have you as one of the first content makers. At the moment I am in the process of making a special "Exodus© BLANK" version for developers (see above image). I think you will agree that the topology is innovative and has an excellent flow.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 10:40 PM
Online Now!

Quote -

Quote - May I request the privilege of being one of its first content makers?

I would be honoured to have you as one of the first content makers. At the moment I am in the process of making a special "Exodus© BLANK" version for developers (see above image). I think you will agree that the topology is innovative and has an excellent flow.

You are a genius. How did you even come up with that? I might require a few months to really grasp the technology in this.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:37 AM

Unfortunately Exodus is already obsolete.  Posted here is Alpha, a new 3D technology figure made from basic building block particles that physicists haven't yet discovered.

Pictured above is the base Alpha element, which is invisible to the naked eye.  Alpha can morph into any figure, compatible with any program, on any system, AT ANY TIME.

This means that even before an artist begins working with Alpha, to make a figure or scene, it is already complete.  It also means that you've purchased it before you decide to purchase it.  So send me the money.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 1:12 AM

wait up - Exodus can be 3D-printed, yes ?

Eternal Hobbyist

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 1:43 AM

One frustrating thing about every software suite in existence is that it is hard to find your way around until you learn to find your way around.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&amp;userid=323368

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 1:45 AM

I think I'll hold out for the Revelations figure.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 1:47 AM

wow flibbits - that looks great, but what about my content i have already got for exodus.  will it work with alpha?

Love esther

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 9:34 AM

Will there be a Revelations morph for the Exodus figure?

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 9:52 AM

Do not under any circumstances install exodus!  I repeat do not install exodus!

oh oh, all my figures have gone from my runtimes and I found a text file that said :-

"We are off to find the promised land, signed Exodus"

Wonder what that means.

Love esther

PS I will return the figure to the vendor as soon as I find it.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 11:11 AM

Quote - Will there be a Revelations morph for the Exodus figure?

I heard that in Beta testing the figure flew off the screen when it was applied. 😄

The FB thread now  notes that Carrara compatibility with Genesis is imminent.  As far as Poser goes, SIGGRAPH is only a couple of weeks away...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:09 PM
Site Admin

Esther, look in you other runtimes. When I had that happen, I had my Cp figures disapear with the same note and find them fighting the "heathens" in the daz folder. Aparently they marched around my firewall 7 times and got past it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

modus0 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 2:12 PM

Quote - And once those apps are updated to support Genesis, you will be ahead of the game! " [italics mine]

Well, it could mean that  Smith Micro has come to a deal with DAZ to incorporate the rigging of Genesis into Poser.

Or it could mean that DAZ is being very, very, very optimistic, possibly foolishly so. I still think they rolled the figure out at the wrong time, and without first learning if Poser would have the capacity to use it.

Only way to be sure what this means though, is with time.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 4:57 PM

"wow flibbits - that looks great, but what about my content i have already got for exodus.  will it work with alpha?"

Alpha works AT ANY TIME.  Since your content will someday be converted by someone, it is already converted.

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 5:25 PM

Les that other place I can't mention will be really upset with the release of Exodus. I would expect lawsuits any minute to cover lost sales. (Exodus was the escape from bondage).

Maybe if you gave a free copy to Davo that threat might go away...:b_rolleyes:

Les you Exodus character needs a Paul Newman and Eva Marie Saint morph and texture set inculded to get closer to Otto Preminger realism levels.

As white as your white looks in your renders it appears you figured out how to hack Alpha Beta Gamma rendering into Poser 4 or eariler versions. Care to share how that was done?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 6:43 PM · edited Sat, 23 July 2011 at 6:49 PM

Quote - ROFLMAO @ Les Bentley

Not sure, though, whether I should hold out for Deuteronomy.

Nah! I'm waiting for the entire New Testament!  That's where all the good morphs are! They already have the Alan Alda morph pack ready to go!

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:07 AM

@icprncss2,

Quote - Will there be a Revelations morph for the Exodus figure?

Revelations comes as standard with the base figure. Use the "Fig_Leaf_Gone" dial in the Body actor.

@estherau,

Quote - oh oh, all my figures have gone from my runtimes and I found a text file that said :-

"We are off to find the promised land, signed Exodus"

Thanks for the bug report. This minor bug has been reported by several users, the text file has now been amended to include the copyright symbol, and some extra explanatory text. The message now reads:

"So long SUCKER! We are off to find the promised land, signed Exodus©."

If you have any further problems with Exodus©, please call our automated help line, and  select which of the 27 payment options you wish to use.

@grichter,

Quote - Les you Exodus character needs a Paul Newman and Eva Marie Saint morph and texture set inculded to get closer to Otto Preminger realism levels.

In tried making a Paul Newman morph, but the figure turned out looking like a bottle of salad dressing. Well OK, it already looked a bit like a bottle of salad dressing, but with the Paul Newman morph it looks more so. I'm not planning to do an Eva Marie Saint morph, I'll leave that to third party vendors, but I might do an Uncle Ben's morph to go with Paul Newman.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:01 AM · edited Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:05 AM

file_471160.png

> Quote - As white as your white looks in your renders it appears you figured out how to hack Alpha Beta Gamma rendering into Poser 4 or eariler versions. Care to share how that was done?

See above formula.

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 5:34 PM

Quote - Genesis forbidden is! - Star Trek III...;)

And now, for the Return of the Giant Hogweed...woops, wrong Genesis....;)

Ha!  I am totally in Nerd with these comments!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

RE: DAZ Genesis...  the figure is really good.  I made my own morphs for it in zbrush, but for the life of me could not figure out how to import custom morphs into DS 4.  Or DS at all.

But the shoulders are the best I've seen on a DAZ figure.  They're quite lovely and bendy without being noodley. 

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 6:21 PM

@ Les: You are my Poser hero. :thumbupboth:  :lol:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 6:32 PM

Can I get a slenderman morph for exodus?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 9:54 PM

Quote - Can I get a slenderman morph for exodus?

Don't know slenderman, sounds like a propriotory morph for the Anna Rexia figure.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:43 PM
Online Now!

file_471186.gif

If I manage to get the rights for that, I'll probably make character sets for Exodus matching the entire cast from the Order of the Stick.

Also, this thread should be stickied for its sheer epicness.

- - - - - - 

LadyElf ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 1:57 AM

Love Exodus......SO very over DS4 and Genesis...enough already :)

DarrenUK ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 7:26 AM

Quote - > Quote - And once those apps are updated to support Genesis, you will be ahead of the game! " [italics mine]

Well, it could mean that  Smith Micro has come to a deal with DAZ to incorporate the rigging of Genesis into Poser.

Or it could mean that DAZ is being very, very, very optimistic, possibly foolishly so. I still think they rolled the figure out at the wrong time, and without first learning if Poser would have the capacity to use it.

Only way to be sure what this means though, is with time.

I think I read in the 3D World article that Daz had made the new coding / technology whatever available to other developers so that it can be used in their software. Daz have been pretty shrewd doing this, as they know that a vast amount of their customers are Poser users who for for one reason or another cannot or will not use Daz Studio. I would think that they make most of their money selling and brokering 3d content.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

modus0 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 2:09 PM

Even if they did do so, there's nothing guaranteeing that Smith Mirco will feel it necessary to rework the rigging in Poser yet again to use the new system in Daz Studio.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 2:34 AM

When is the release date of Poser 9 round about?

My Renderosity Store

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:02 AM
Site Admin

V01f, so far there isn't one. SM keeps their mouth shut until close to the date. Apparently they had to push back the date once and the public had a hissy fit.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:03 AM

From some hints dropped here, I think P9 is very close-I'm guessig SIGGRAPH, but that guess and a couple o' bux might get you a cup of coffee...

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 8:40 AM

the unflateable exodus?

tee hee. 

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

DarrenUK ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 10:12 AM

Quote - Even if they did do so, there's nothing guaranteeing that Smith Mirco will feel it necessary to rework the rigging in Poser yet again to use the new system in Daz Studio.

True, but just as Daz's income partly relies on purchases from Poser users. Smith Micro could potentially lose some customers it it didn't at least partially support future figures from Daz. I've always said that I hate using Daz Studio and can never figure out how to use it, but I love their figures, I think that's what they do best. It is so long ago that I used the Poser bundled figures that I have trouble even remembering their names!

From what I've heard there never has been any bad blood between the two. They both work better when they work together. Everybody wins. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.