Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: re loading Dynamic optitex items

blueblott ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 5:20 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Hi

could some one give me a hand here as i seem to have got into some strife loading the optitex stuff to get it to work.

I have been using optitex without any hitch. Untill now.

Now from the start when installing freebies they came with an installer package which worked just fine.  Like you unzip the Rar file and there was that neat little package that once you clicked it would open then you direct to where you wished it be installed.

Great stuff worked fine.

Now when i unzip the Rar it has another Rar inside .....( no . ...I kid you not) when the second is opened it reveals a content file Data..People..Runtime...Image .

So i put all the files back into the content file.name the file. then import into daz 3.1 Ad

When attempting to load it crashes after telling me it cant find Runtime textures...Every time!!

What on earth am i doing wrong ?

Pss  ( was just attempting to tidy up all my Dynamic collection and have them all in one neat place. All worked fine before when it was a mess lol.)

Thanks for any advice.

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 5:41 AM

It means that you moved somthing to the wrong location.  I am one for "A" singel un-zip foldre, I un-zip everything to it then move it to where I need it to be, You may have to reinstall it but use the UN-ZIP Folder then check where everything is and re-mover items to the same way the un-zip folder is set up to your DAZ program.

Hope this helps you

mishamcm ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 10:52 AM

The Data and Runtime folders need to be directly under the folder you've specified as a content folder (DS-format and Poser-format).  The People folder and its subfolders can be renamed and moved around as you like, but Data and Runtime must be first-level subdirectories of folders specified as content folders in Content Directory Manager.  The defaults would be "...DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library" for DS4 and "...DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content" for DS3.

blueblott ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 2:36 AM

HEY  PoppaC...mishamcm

Thanks for your help / advice. will let you know how it works out .

Just have to wonder why it was changed from an exe to a runtime ?

I dont have any probs with Poser runtimes as you often have to rebuild them

to get them to work, but this is neither one nor the other.lol

What is the file structure.

I have ensured that  it goes....CELTIC BAG....daz3d/Studio3/content for ds3.

Content.

Data.

Runtime.

People.

And it still gave me the same error message. Cant find runtime/texture.

So will re install Daz 3 Ad . I also downloaded the most recent version of  the Dynamic cloth plugin  which will load as well.

I see they brought out a Mac installer for runtimes Optitex dont see one for Windows.

Thanks guys

blueblott ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 4:38 AM

Hey Guys. PopaC....mishamcm.

Quick update....All is working again ....tried the download in win explorer when unpacking  er unziping  found this worked better.

Sounds a lot stupid but it worked fine.

Thanks again you put me back on the rails I appreciate your help.

Regards John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.