Tue, Sep 24, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: Exporting Morphs... playing up.... :S

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:14 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:40 AM

file_478376.jpg

Hi, hope someone knows what I am doing wrong….

I created this face-morph and are using this to export the morph: http://www.runtimedna.com/Advanced-Figure-Randomizer-and-INJ-Builder.html

However when I then try to import it into an unmorphed V4 I find that while the head is ok, however the neck plays up as shown in the pictures…. Sorry using my laptop to make the circles and not the most steady hand….. I created the morph over and over exported it via the INJ Builder, still it plays up at the neck. Even when I try and create it including the neck, then nothing works. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I normally create my morphs with the Morph+++  dials, but wanted to add some of the morphs I bought with it, so I need to somehow export the morph and create the INJ/REM file (one that loads instantly and doesn’t need for the dial to be used after injection) but keep hitting a brick wall with it… any idea what I am doing wrong…. Oh and I am using poser8.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Fred :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 6:37 AM

I'm not familiar with the product you are using to make the INJ, you might try contacting its author. If this is just for your own use, not for distribution, you could try using svdl's free "SpawnCharacterP6 update" to make the INJ. It's simple to use, and the resulting INJ morph should be WYSIWYG (so long as no scaling is involved). Because the INJ produced via SpawnCharacterP6 contains true morphs (deltas, not dial-spins), you can't distribute them if any copyrighted morphs were used.

FWArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 7:41 AM

Thanks for that. I contacted them and hope to find out what I am doing wrong. I have got the SpawnCharacterP6 update downloaded, did it before, but can't get it to work, it says it needs Poser 6 SR2 or later, and even though I am using Poser 8 it just doesn't open up, hence I thought I try to other INJ builder. will keep trying :)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:41 AM

IIRC, there was a Python script change with P8/PP2010, that may explain why it is not working. 

Now I have tried running the Advance Figure Randomizer in PP2010 and it appears to work without any problems for face morphs.  Are you sure that you haven't selected other body parts when creating you INJ?  Also, if you want to include other dial-morphs, you do need to specify that when creating the INJ/REM files.  Otherwise, you wiil wipe out and remove previous morphs.  Maybe if you outline your workflow through screencaps, we might notice something you are overlooking. 

And, as les posted, you can try contacting them @ RDNA.  They do have an excellent track record with customer service.

FWArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:52 AM

file_478393.jpg

thanks for that. just tried it again, and still the same... dont know why, i know it's something I am doing wrong, and will give up on it until I hear back from the guys at RDNA, as this is driving me nuts. I only select the head option, nothing else is selected, yet it plays up... i attached a pic with ligher skin from the back... as you see it does the same still.... grrrrrr.... never mind, not meant to be for right now. But sure that I'll get it to work at some point.... it must be something I am doing wrong, just dont know what.... Thanks also for explaining re the python change, that makes sense, at least I can stop trying that one now. Thanks agian. :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 12:24 PM

I got EXACTLY the same problem when I was making my Asharru character. Turns out I had forgotten to apply that morph to one of V4's empty channels... Let me try to explain:

In your injector, you have to find where your morph begins. If it goes something like this:

actor head:1
    {
    channels
        {
        targetGeom YourMorphName
            {
            name YourMorphName
            initValue 0
            forceLimits 1
            min -100000
            max 100000
            trackingScale 0.02

((etc))]

then you'll have problems. It won't know in which dial it should insert the morph, and it will deform. V4 comes with empty dials so that you can insert custom morphs into them, there's PBMDC_00 to PBMDC_50 (will show up under Daz Morphs in V4) and PBMCC_00 to PBMCC_50 (will show under Community in V4). So you'd have to do it like this:

actor head:1
    {
    channels
        {
        targetGeom PBMCC_30
            {
            name YourMorphName
            initValue 0
            forceLimits 1
            min -100000
            max 100000
            trackingScale 0.02

((etc))

That way, it'll use the PBMCC_30 channel, but to the user it'll appear as YourMorphName. You'll also have to change that in your hide, unhide and rem files, if existant, with the same channel name.

Most injection making tools give that option and will do that for you, though. I haven't used the one you mentioned, but looking at its page's images... it prompts you with a "select channel" upon saving, you should pick one of the PBMCC_ there (try for a random number, avoid the first numbers, because it'll replace anything already in the channel you chose - and a lot of people use low numbers, then your user wouldn't be able to mix those two faces).

Also, something to remember: don't INCLUDE the morphs++ shapes into your custom morph. They're not a Merchant Resource. Any use of the morphs++ has to be in the form of mere dial values, so that your end user would need to have bought the Morphs++ pack too.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

FWArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 12:49 PM

yay it worked.... you're great. THANK you SOOOO much. And don't worry, I didn't include any of the morph+++ in the actual morph, I wouldn't as I know DAZ would get me and I don't want to risk that. Now I just need to make a copy of what you wrote for future references. :) Thanks again. Fred

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 12:51 PM

You're very welcome! I'm glad it worked ;)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 1:22 PM

i use the "OLD" method for single item morphs, export to .OBJ and import as MT, not as hi-tech but  quite effective, seldom any probs , may want to export neck MT also in this instance  as a seperate .OBJ to make sure the seams match.

MT=Morph target... just in case   :O)

JAFO

Y'all have a great day.

FWArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 1:27 PM

Thanks JAFO, will look into that for future projects. thanks for letting me know. :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 1:56 PM

Quote - i use the "OLD" method for single item morphs, export to .OBJ and import as MT, not as hi-tech but  quite effective, seldom any probs , may want to export neck MT also in this instance  as a seperate .OBJ to make sure the seams match.

MT=Morph target... just in case   :O)

JAFO

Not very doable if the person intends to distribute the character at all.

- - - - - - 

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:49 PM

re-reading i still dont see any mention of distribution, thought it was for personal use.  :O)

JAFO

Y'all have a great day.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.