Tue, Oct 1, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Is this creepy or what?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 6:17 AM

file_479549.jpg

No point to this other than to share something creepy.

Please click for full size.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:02 PM · edited Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:03 PM

file_479550.txt

Here's the shader. Add the hair yourself.

Material requires P9/PP2012 - don't bother downloading if you don't have that. It uses scatter.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:09 PM · edited Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:09 PM

Gawd, that does look like skin...lol. Well, sorta nasty skin ;).

Thanks.

Laurie

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:23 PM

it looks a little phallic to me,  but i haven't gone out much lately 

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:03 PM

Kinda looks like someone hit it with a "wood" lathe too.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:09 PM

it's that dash at the tip of the sphere --

i can't imagine how to map a sphere or easter egg, without seams resulting with tiling jpgs;
or geosphere without a 'horizon' line.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:10 PM

Quote - it looks a little phallic to me,  but i haven't gone out much lately

Obviously not. LOL! :lol:

If my phallus grew hairs, I'd be off to see the doctor! The palms of my hands? Now that's a diffrent story. 😉

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:39 PM

that is creepy... i had a link to saggy balls i had meant to check out but lost the link somehow...BB does some amazing things with his shaders...

Y'all have a great day.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:41 PM

Now I'm freaked out!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 3:04 PM

i had to make a special trip to the vending machine to sublimate creeps with a Twix bar.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 3:42 PM

Harry Phallus? I thought that guy was still locked up.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 3:53 PM

LMAO @misty  Thanks for this. I wanted to experiment with peach fuzz on a hi res portrait.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 1:00 AM

A door knob after a testosterone injection?

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 2:24 AM

I didn't know how creepy until I went to the full size picture. yiiiikes. Downloading.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

PainsPlayground ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 4:49 AM

Quote - Here's the shader. Add the hair yourself.

Material requires P9/PP2012 - don't bother downloading if you don't have that. It uses scatter.

Bagginsbills nodes-orgy.

Rendertime on a high-end-pc 2h17.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 6:16 AM

My PC is not high-end and my render was a few minutes. I have an Intel I7-860.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 8:14 AM

Cool creepy skin ;-) This took about 10 mins to render on my fairly old mac...

Its in a white-grey envsphere with 3 IBLs a spot and a point light... indirect light quality set to 9.

Flesh Dalek

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 8:36 AM

multiple IBL lights?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:00 AM

3 IBL is really overkill.  It's just an ambient light.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:21 AM

Its a just freebie light set I've downloaded at some point that I used there... I'd have to check the source. So not sure why 3 IBLs are used... or checked if all 3 do actually benefit the result in some way.

I only noted there were 3 IBLs when I was posting that in fact...

I will experiment some more there... ;-)

Would a single IBL usually be enough?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:24 AM · edited Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:25 AM

If you're using my EnvSphere and IDL is enabled, IBL does nothing at all. When IDL is enabled, IBL is like an infinite size EnvSphere. Since the actual EnvSphere you're using is not infinite, it is closer than the virtual one associated with IBL.

If you disable IDL, then IBL will change modes and illuminate everything, even things inside a box or sphere.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:25 AM

i've always thought of IBL light as a universal light and aiming it tells firefly where to gather the ambient shadows.

raven ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:41 AM

file_479584.jpg

First thing I thought of when I saw this :)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:51 AM

...what's creepy? is missing something here....

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quote - If you're using my EnvSphere and IDL is enabled, IBL does nothing at all. When IDL is enabled, IBL is like an infinite size EnvSphere. Since the actual EnvSphere you're using is not infinite, it is closer than the virtual one associated with IBL.

If you disable IDL, then IBL will change modes and illuminate everything, even things inside a box or sphere.

Ah, cool - I see now. I wondered about that... thanks for illuminating me :-)

So using that IDL setting with your BB envsphere, should I therefore get the same result with just having the spot and the point light in that scene... without those IBLs being added at all?

Am I understanding that much correctly?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:58 AM

Thanks... rendered again. Much quicker to render this time I think... and it is indeed entirely identical without any of those 3(!) IBL lights.

;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.