Fri, Sep 20, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 5:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Completely OT, but absolutely awesome. I think we have some fans here, so I wanted to share this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Fn06MvcNe0

Now I need to go find some starship models to render. 

Wow.  JJ will be pissed. 

Paramount was too.. the vid is gone..

Bummer, I was going to check it out. Amazing how over half the content there is a copyright violation, yet this gets pulled, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quote - Rendered in two layers... Scene set up here http://fav.me/d5ofgbe includes links to the original renders before combining. Was going for a subtle effect, and deliberatly over exposed the stained glass window as it didn't look right with the light beams. Minor bloom set in Lux on the candles... I inserted John's candles into the top of the existing ones to get the candle flames... couldn't find an option in Sacrament to light them... lol!

At least I can turn my PC off tonight `¬) ...total render time 19 1/2 days - not sure I needed to leave it that long, but I'd been too busy to get back and stop it... least that's my excuse! (click twice to get full view)

Preaching to the Converted? (daz3.1 Reality 1v25 Lux 0.8)

Preaching to the converted?

STUNNING!!! Wow, what a long render time. I too thought of caprica, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quote -
I couldn't agree more, LOL. I don't use smart content and delete all metadata for this very purpose, i know where my files are and where to get them.

Sucks to hear some of the horror stories here, my transistion to DS 4.5 was seamless. It opens all my DS3 and 4 files with no problems. i was able to map the location of my runtimes and old DS files with no issues and have not had any app issues so far. I am to a point that the only time I go back to poser 2012 is to create a part for a scene, usually with dynamic cloth and then import it into DS. I use the smoothing modifier and collision in DS4.5 so much, I can't imagine not having them.

I'm with you Mike.  I have even tried to recreate issues that other ppl are having and just can't.  DS4.5 is so integrated in my workflow now that I can't even see going back.  I don't have gen x for 4.5 yet; so, I occasionally regress my install to convert a bunch of stuff and then go right back.  I, on the other hand, have learned to use metadata to my benefit.  I make my own for pretty much all content.  Even things that come with their own metadata; I re-cook my own.  I still have poser 2012 on drive; but, I open it up.. stare at it for a while and then shut it down.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quote - I still have poser 2012 on drive; but, I open it up.. stare at it for a while and then shut it down.

LMAO, yeah I feel the same way sometimes. I was going to recreate a scene I did in DS the other day since I wanted several parts of it to have dynamic cloth, but after a few hours i realized how much longer it was taking me/going to take me to just recreate the base scene before the dynamic parts,

users that do not use DS and genesis really have no idea how versatile it is and how much time and effort it saves. I can understand if they prefer the firefly renderer, then they are tied to poser.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 7:51 PM

Ever since I got back into rendering last winter; I've tried to think of a decent analogy for the poser/daz|studio "war."  From what I can tell, poser users who have tried and failed to use studio have not given it enough time.  I quit using poser because of the constant difficulty in getting clothes to fit right.  I don't WANT to spend half a day spinning morph dials to get the right combination to make clothes fit.  Even "conforming" clothes don't "conform" precisely in Poser.  You have to MAKE clothes in poser fit.  I had heard about how, in studio, with just a few button clicks the morphs would follow and be represented in the clothes.  That was the transfer utility.  I considered myself a pro at it before 4.5 made it unneccessary.  I NEVER got the hang of poser magnets; yet, now, I use d-forms on nearly every render.  I think that if poser users would give D|S an open-minded month of use; they'd not go back.  The analogy I figured out was that poser users are like linux geeks whereas Studio users are more like Windows people.  Both do essentially the same thing, just linux you have to micro-manage whereas windows is just point and click.  I, for one, love the fact that I can set up a basic scene, light it and have it off to luxrender within a half hour or so.  With Poser, a basic scene would take me all day to create.  I'd rather dedicate those extra hours to letting luxrender work its magic.  Given the quality of the rendering I do now, to what I've done since 2005; if it were not for Paolo, Reality and Luxrender; firefly would have probably drawn me back month ago.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 9:55 PM

Quote - if it were not for Paolo, Reality and Luxrender; firefly would have probably drawn me back month ago.

Agreed Sharky, Reality is what made me learn DS since I am one of those poser users that tried DS many times and hated the UI.

I had a pretty good system for clothes in Poser. Since I never use any canned character morphs for bodys and create my own FBMs, I just used morphing clothes to add my FBMs to any outfit and they just fit. Problem is, you cannot deviate from that FBM and extreme poses were also problematic.

if not for Reality I would probably be rendering less and still trying to get shaders to work in maxwell, or back with carrara. Man if DAZ could combine DS4.5 with carraras lighting, terrain and shader system it would be killer, especially for outdoor scenes.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

wayofthesword ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 11:09 PM

95% of what I do is animation.  The biggest thing DAZ could do to help me right now, would be to add a way to import camera tracking data.  Someone over on the DAZ forums wrote an import script that does it, but only with VooCat tracking data.  I'd really like to be able to import data from pftrack, mocha, or something like that.  Tried sneaking tracking points as an .fbx import but that's kind of a half-assed way to go about it.

RFreise ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 11:55 PM
Online Now!

Reality is the only reason that I use Studio

Have used Poser since ver 1 still have all the disks for each version

Started Studio with ver 1 and other than dual monitors being pain in Studio I liked the erlier version then Daz started breaking everything with each update and made the interface a total nightmare

But I think Bryce which I also have had since ver1 has the worst interface out there

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 1:26 AM

Look out, Paolo is a vendor in the december deal section. Reality at 50% off, spread the word far and wide, LOL!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 1:44 AM

Quote - Look out, Paolo is a vendor in the december deal section. Reality at 50% off, spread the word far and wide, LOL!

Thought he is already a billionaire :blink:

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 2:13 AM

And that means 50% off on "Make Your Own Reality" as well. 

Thank you Michael.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Reggie68 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 3:37 PM

Time to let the Christmas Sweaters out again!

59Burst ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 6:53 PM · edited Tue, 18 December 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quote -

Terrific!  Really feels like winter.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quote -

I really like this one!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 12:48 PM

60 hours and I could have it let it go longer if I was more patient. 

Amethst25 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 12:51 PM

Quote - 60 hours and I could have it let it go longer if I was more patient. 

Wow 60 hours!  Impressive image.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 12:54 PM

That was well worth the rendering time!

My DA Gallery

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 1:10 PM
Online Now!

Impressive work

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 1:28 PM

Most likely due to all converted lighting seems to reaaalyyy add to times in my case i would not produce stories if things took that long but for one offs its very nice thats like over a work week!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quote - Thought he is already a billionaire :blink:

Doc, you need to re-evaluate the size if this market. Nobody is getting rich selling add-ons for Studio or Poser :) 

i'm nit complaining though, I make a living and I do what I like to do.  But billionaire... :) ?

Cheers.

Paolo

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 2:23 PM

Quote - Most likely due to all converted lighting seems to reaaalyyy add to times in my case i would not produce stories if things took that long but for one offs its very nice thats like over a work week!

No converted lighting, just an IBL and 3 mesh lights.  

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 2:57 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2012 at 2:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Most likely due to all converted lighting seems to reaaalyyy add to times in my case i would not produce stories if things took that long but for one offs its very nice thats like over a work week!

No converted lighting, just an IBL and 3 mesh lights.  

Wow wonder why it took that long converted maps perhaps?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 3:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - Thought he is already a billionaire :blink:

Doc, you need to re-evaluate the size if this market. Nobody is getting rich selling add-ons for Studio or Poser :) 

i'm nit complaining though, I make a living and I do what I like to do.  But billionaire... :) ?

Cheers.

Well, I was thinking maybe Reality did for you what Stars Wars did for George Lucas :lol:

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: Play & Poke

file_489704.jpg

I still cant get over how photorealistic this hair comes out.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 3:55 PM

Quote - Well, I was thinking maybe Reality did for you what Stars Wars did for George Lucas :lol:

ine can always dream :)

Paolo

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Thought he is already a billionaire :blink:

Cheers.

Well, I was thinking maybe Reality did for you what Stars Wars did for George Lucas :lol:

Make him greedy and pump out inferior products that are nowhere near the quality of the originals? 

All I've seen is improvements in each Reality version, and signs that the man truly listens to and cares about his customers (unlike Lucas).  Hopefully there's no Jar Jar feature in Reality 3.  

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 4:23 PM

LOL The ONLY reason I keep moving forward with studio is for the fact that I want to be Reality 3 ready...

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 8:49 PM
59Burst ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 5:51 AM · edited Thu, 20 December 2012 at 5:52 AM

Wow, what an impressive render!  The only niggle I have is that the bound woman doesn't look like her knees are quite on the floor.

yelocloud ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 6:03 AM

file_489730.jpg

Christmas is here cause Santa just pulled into town :-) A quick render in Reality 2.5 of Mec4D's new Santa complete character for Genesis.  As my holiday gift, before the weekend I will be uploading ACSEL settings for him, his clothing and gift bag then I'm taking my Christmas break.

May everyone have a Merry Christmas & a wonderful Holiday Season!

BradHP ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quote - > Quote - 60 hours and I could have it let it go longer if I was more patient. 

Wow, what an impressive render!  The only niggle I have is that the bound woman doesn't look like her knees are quite on the floor.

The male alien isn't touching the ground either, but I'm going to say he's levitating using his magical alien powers. I noticed that after a few hours and didn't feel like restarting again.

Tollaris ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 2:53 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

This started as a test of using dynamic cloth to simulate flowing water. In the end, the character was added just because I like her. :P

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 4:29 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quote - This started as a test of using dynamic cloth to simulate flowing water. In the end, the character was added just because I like her. :P

& why not

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:12 AM

Attached Link: Ground level POV

file_489782.jpg

Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang!

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:13 AM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:14 AM

Attached Link: Caged

file_489783.jpg

In the cage

BradHP ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:24 AM

Quote - Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang!

Only image I have running right now is something I'm making as a wallpaper for my new phone.  Couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to just make it myself. 

Beyond that I've been too busy playing with my new phone to make any other art. 

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:30 AM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:31 AM

Quote - > Quote - Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang!

Only image I have running right now is something I'm making as a wallpaper for my new phone.  Couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to just make it myself. 

You too just scoped me a Galaxy 3 yesterday. LOVE it compared to my crappy old Galaxy S I HATED that phone

59Burst ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:02 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quote - Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang! Attached Link: Ground level POV

Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang!

I like that texture on the rug, as well as the overall balance and composition.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:32 PM

Thanks man

BradHP ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Its been quiet holidays I guess happy holidays gang!

You too just scoped me a Galaxy 3 yesterday. LOVE it compared to my crappy old Galaxy S I HATED that phone

I got the Galaxy Note 2.  This thing is huge and beautiful. AND I can actually post on the forums with it.  The browser on my last phone wouldn't let me post. 

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:07 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oooo thats the phone I was going for as well! I wond up staying with Virgin for now. They dont carry the note but also got a really good Canadian unlimited plan and was able to get out of my contract 1 year early and switch to supertab. I am happy with the 3.  I dont get why you cant render and play with your phone since they take over a week in your case LOL. Speaking of which did you try using the refine brush to get that noise off of the character's skin...

callad ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:23 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:24 PM

Oki... bought the hair plugin thinghy.. Still think she needs to kill her hairdresser.. But maybe this is the future for 'realistic hair' for DazStudio.. dunno.. what do you guys think?

4 minute render..

bad hairday

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:24 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:25 PM

Like the texture of it but the style guess you got to get to know it easy to use?

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quote - Oki... bought the hair plugin thinghy.. Still think she needs to kill her hairdresser.. But maybe this is the future for 'realistic hair' for DazStudio.. dunno.. what do you guys think?

4 minute render..

bad hairday

Hmmm interesting..  Not sure I like the texture, it looks kinda like my real hair and I'm trying to that to loos softer.  Not sure I'd like my models stuck with the wiry texture.

What plug in is that?

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:37 PM

Quote - Oki... bought the hair plugin thinghy.. Still think she needs to kill her hairdresser.. But maybe this is the future for 'realistic hair' for DazStudio.. dunno.. what do you guys think?

4 minute render..

bad hairday

What plugin thingy? Is it easy to use? It looks ok, but I'm sure that after you have been experimenting with it for a bit, that it would look much better!

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:46 PM

Well, after an hour (and reading some of the manual) I could 'do' something with it. Pretty intuitive I'd say. The promo images of animals are stunning! (tried the mil-dog and he looked cute within 5 minutes, but Reality doesn't like the mil figures I guess.. It would not start up with the dog in the scene..)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 4:49 PM

Try switching the format to Lux, like you did with the Dynamic Tee :)

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:27 PM

Quote - Try switching the format to Lux, like you did with the Dynamic Tee :)

That would be impossible since the GUI of Reality does not start at all when the Mil dog is in the scene. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.