Wed, Sep 18, 7:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 8:58 AM

And there is that greyed out new item!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:16 AM

Are you going to risk it for $1.00? 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:24 AM

I'll wait for next weeks freebie to test it!!!  Lol.

At least they have done it on a Thursday, not the usual Friday routine.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:57 AM · edited Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:58 AM

Quote - Commenting on the web site is one thing being bitchy about it is another, unfortunately its what I have come to expect from these forums.

I guess you didn't read the comments here when the site changes went live.  It was fireworks.  Our comments about Daz have been very mild in comparison.

I would appreciate it, though, if self-appointed Daz representatives would stop telling off Daz's customers outside Daz's own forums.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 10:09 AM

No web site is perfect, they are all works in motion.

We all know that when the new DAZ site goes live a thread will pop up with......

The site is too dark.

The site is too light.

The site won't let me do this or that.

It's called being human and we all want it to be right for us and we are not bothered about others.

But.........

The world will still turn, the sun will still come up and the moon will still set.

All the best.

LROG

dasquid ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 11:14 AM

Quote - Link to site

All the best.

LROG

Thanks, still getting a 400 error though so my timing must just suck.

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 11:28 AM

I logged in and it said my last visit was '04 lol. Seemed like just yesterday!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 11:36 AM

Time travel!!!!!!!

Now where did I put my Delorean!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 11:37 AM

Thanks, still getting a 400 error though so my timing must just suck.

Have you tried clearing your cache???

All the best.

LROG

dasquid ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quote - Thanks, still getting a 400 error though so my timing must just suck.

Have you tried clearing your cache???

All the best.

LROG

Yeah that did it.

dasquid ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 1:10 PM

Is there some way to change the eye blinding color scheme yet?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quote - > Quote - Commenting on the web site is one thing being bitchy about it is another, unfortunately its what I have come to expect from these forums.

The bashing of the other side happens both here and at the DAZ forums. I don't know why you single out Renderosity

He (she?) isn't singling out Renderosity per se... he's singling out the cast of characters that take every opportnity to snipe, whine, bitch, moan, grouse, complain, and in general dedicate their life goals towards hating on a company every chance they get.

You particular folks know who you are, and (sadly) thanks to your broken-record repetition, so does everyone else who stops by regularly.

Seriously guys - it gets old.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 2:12 PM

so does trolling....................

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 2:13 PM · edited Thu, 17 May 2012 at 2:13 PM

Anyone for a game of guess what time the site goes live???

No prizes!!!

I say around 6.00pm ish DAZ time.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 2:16 PM

Is there some way to change the eye blinding color scheme yet?

I put a couple of links near the top of page 2 for things that you can use to change the DAZ site colours. One for FF and one for IE.

All the best.

LROG

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 2:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Commenting on the web site is one thing being bitchy about it is another, unfortunately its what I have come to expect from these forums.

The bashing of the other side happens both here and at the DAZ forums. I don't know why you single out Renderosity

He (she?) isn't singling out Renderosity per se... he's singling out the cast of characters that take every opportnity to snipe, whine, bitch, moan, grouse, complain, and in general dedicate their life goals towards hating on a company every chance they get.

You particular folks know who you are, and (sadly) thanks to your broken-record repetition, so does everyone else who stops by regularly.

As does the constant need to play bodyguard every time someone dares to say anything deemed negative towards Daz. I have seen plenty of times where someone is going too far, but this time it's really unnecessary (unless posts were deleted that I haven't seen). :)

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 3:45 PM

The Forum now seems to be completely offline, so it likely will be brought back up operational.

A rough time on the last machine's OS install-I was almost done and  SMART gave notice of imminent drive failure on reboot! It indeed failed diagnostics, so I Located and popped in another drive, and it's grinding away, but I was hopig to be done by now ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quote - My available downloads are still exe and zips with Mac Install builder files...

I got a PM from DAZ about this very issue.

They claim to be about halfway done, but I was told that it would be a few weeks before the zips started showing up on the live server

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 5:36 PM

Well, that might upset quite a few people as they were expecting to be downloading zips when the site went live again.

The impression wsa given that the zips would be available and not X amount of weeks down the line.

We shall see, once the site goes live.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 5:43 PM · edited Thu, 17 May 2012 at 5:44 PM

Site showing another item in the store at $1.00:-

Sixties Dinette SetNothing new in the Commons forum.

Just wondering when Ethan is going to dleete that folder!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 6:48 PM

Anyone happen to know if our post count will be the same?

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 7:30 PM · edited Thu, 17 May 2012 at 7:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Commenting on the web site is one thing being bitchy about it is another, unfortunately its what I have come to expect from these forums.

As soon as the links to Zendesk stop giving me a 404, I will be posting every single one of my questions and concerns to Daz directly.  I'd do it in their forums, but it'd be a violation of their new TOS.

And I don't hate Daz.  I've spent a crap load of money there.  But I do have issues with some of their procedures.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

chriscox ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quote - Anyone happen to know if our post count will be the same?

I seem to recall it being stated that post counts will not carry over

Chris Cox

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quote - Anyone happen to know if our post count will be the same?

Our post counts will all be the same... Zero!  :biggrin:

The PC prices now work (although it is the "Special Price") and there is now a PC forum.  Still no posting, tho'.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:19 PM

Has anybody been able to buy anything from the new store? I heard some people tried with those new $1.00 special items but had problems trying to download. 

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:34 PM · edited Thu, 17 May 2012 at 9:38 PM

I bought the dinette set and had no problems, although it did ask for my CC validation number, and the message on checkout was

"You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress." 

No tracking information, :biggrin:  but there are links to the files (the usual file formats).

Also I got a newsletter in the mail announcing the reopening.. https://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/pe/prodemail05_17_12.html

ALso, I just got a FastGrab alert, even though there is no FastGrab page... :blink: Southern Dream for V4 She Freak...

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 10:01 PM

Quote - > Quote - Anyone happen to know if our post count will be the same?

I seem to recall it being stated that post counts will not carry over

Quote - > Quote - Anyone happen to know if our post count will be the same?

Our post counts will all be the same... Zero!  :biggrin:

The PC prices now work (although it is the "Special Price") and there is now a PC forum.  Still no posting, tho'.

Well that sucks lol. Thanks!

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 10:07 PM

Well, I just bought the Dinette set & the Genesis outfit. Got no links yet, sez the order is "processing". Whatever that means. 

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quote - Is there some way to change the eye blinding color scheme yet?

Yep, that was my first thought too.  Not only are the forums white but it's light blue and softer grey on white, which I am finding difficult to read.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 1:19 AM

ok here is something odd when I graced the daz site. I noticed a different username in the logged in space, found that to be odd. Weird since I haven't logged in there since Tuesday morning, and I dont have the keep logged in option open. Ghost in the machine I guess.

Donfield ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 3:52 AM

I can't find a way to see all products in their store.  New Releases shows 87, Sales & Promotions shows only V5 and M5 which I don't use.  There seems to be no way to display all products at once. 

Hopefully they'll have it resolved "soon."

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 4:12 AM

...he's singling out the cast of characters that take every opportnity to snipe, whine, bitch, moan, grouse, complain, and in general dedicate their life goals towards hating on a company every chance they get. Pengy - don't always agree with your posts, and sometimes I do get annoyed with the sites, but I'm with you here on the above. It ain't just about daz and rendo, anything can be a target for the professional forum whiners. Fair critism is one thing, but it often goes way beyond that. Indeed I know quite a few folks who are so fed-up with this nastiness, they don't bother to post anymore or stopped making stuff. So I really hope when daz comes back they'll get really tough and rendo will follow it. Our hobby will be so much better off without it.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 4:35 AM

Are you guys posting to the right thread?  The only griping here has been by people who are griping about other people's griping, but no one has been griping about DAZ, nor any other site in this thread.  Once the DAZ Forum reopens (it isn't yet open) I'm sure these observations will move there...

Janl ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 6:10 AM

Not to worry WandW, withdrawal has made the inmates gumpy. All will be back to normal soon. :lol:

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 7:02 AM

Does anyone know what the correct email address for Daz's order support email group is?

The sales@daz3d.com group is apparently not set up in their Google Apps email system config... even though that's what is quoted on their order confirmation emails... so emails are bouncing back with a default Google Apps error message.

Is the correct email address to use the cs@daz3d.com one?

Their paypal payment processing integration doesn't seem to be working at present... orders are apparently getting stuck (at least for me) at the paypal authorisation stage somewhere... so can't be completed for download.

:-(

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 8:22 AM

Quote - .. So I really hope when daz comes back they'll get really tough and rendo will follow it. Our hobby will be so much better off without it.

I guess it depends on how badly they want the customers' money.

In offline sales, you often put up with just about anything short of physical abuse from a paying customer.  You certainly don't pack up your bags over legitimate complaints, no matter what the tone they're voiced in.  Maybe online sales are different. I suppose both Daz and Rendo have an excess of sales and so can afford to lose a few here and there.  Certainly, it's the impression I get from a lot of the vendors.

Janl ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quote - In offline sales, you often put up with just about anything short of physical abuse from a paying customer. 

Ain't that the truth! :laugh:

As you say, it depends on how much they want your money as to how much they stick to the old adage, "Le client n'a jamais tort" or "The customer is always right". I guess customers get what they ask for in the end. Reward bad service and disrespect and that is just what you will get. 😄

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quote - Are you guys posting to the right thread?  The only griping here has been by people who are griping about other people's griping, but no one has been griping about DAZ, nor any other site in this thread.  Once the DAZ Forum reopens (it isn't yet open) I'm sure these observations will move there...

My thoughts exactly. The only complaining I've seen so far is about the look of the new site. A lot of us were complaining about R'osity's new look not that long ago too lol.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:45 AM

Is DAZ still down?  I keep getting a 400. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:48 AM

Working for me. You might want to clear out your cache as that may solve it.

All the best.

LROG

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:49 AM · edited Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:49 AM

The store is up but the Forum is still read only.  Try clearing your browser cache...

EDIT:  X-post...

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:51 AM · edited Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:52 AM

No, it's not down but it's not working very well.

A lot of things still to do and to fix.

A lot of content vanished in the store.

Let's see when all will work, soon...

edit: I'm too slow! :lol: 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 11:59 AM

Well, people thought we were complaining in here, check out the DAZ Studio section:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:17 PM

Not down for me. But they are still "processing" my last order, dunno how long that's gonna take. Also seems to take longer to download stuff in my account history I bought a couple days before the switch over.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:19 PM

I bought something yesterday they're not allowing me to to download via pay pal, that was very dissapointing.

chriscox ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 2:29 PM

I'm really liking how Michael "My Head is Too Big" 5 is looking.

It might be worth the extra effort to get it into Poser

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-5

Chris Cox

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 2:34 PM

Quote - Well, people thought we were complaining in here, check out the DAZ Studio section:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

Wow! :scared: :rolleyes: 

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quote - Well, people thought we were complaining in here, check out the DAZ Studio section:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

Oh, my.

Now, would the volunteer Daz police go over into that forum and give them a freakin' talking to, huh?

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 3:47 PM · edited Fri, 18 May 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hmm... just went to the store and found out that I was signed in as someone called "Melissa Conway."

Fortunately, when I hit the "account" link, I was signed in as myself.   In a fit of paranoia, I deleted my CC profiles and changed my address.  Made sure I logged out after.

Someone in the Daz forum (here) mentioned this happening, too.  Does anyone know why it might occur and whether it is at all any kind of security risk?

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 4:00 PM

They still have that bug? 'Cuz it was found way back when things were still being tested, I thought they'd stomped it then. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.