Wed, Sep 18, 8:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:31 PM

DAZ might want to check out their FB page as well:-

Link

Left hand side, icon for Renaissance Male Clothing For Genesis is showing the Magneto Enterprises logo and when you click on it you get the 404 Alien.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:31 PM

Quote - Sure will, better to save people wasting money on products that may or may not require items shown.

All the best.

LROG

I beg to differ. DAZ has always stood behind its customers. If someone pays for something, they WILL get it. And there is always the money back guarantee that DAZ has, which might I add.... no one else does ;) 

Juss sayin.....

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quote - The store is back up is all thats being said. Nobody said everything was fixed, although I'm sure you'll be repeating yourself to let everbody know that.

You know what?  YOU are in some one else's "house."  How about you show just a little respect for Renderosity and not speak to people like that?

DAZ people are over here because the DAZ forums don't work, even though they will skeddadle right back to DAZ the minute they come back up. 

And, then, these same people who came over here and disrespected the Renderosity forums and customers will go back to talking about how they'll never spend a dime at any other store than DAZ.

So, show some respect, please.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:38 PM

Interesting, there was a post a short while ago in this forum, giving a link for those that had bought a DAZ GC and hadn't got them, now it's gone????

Was going to give a link to it, but it just vanished?????

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:46 PM

Lets calm down here guys.

Please keep in mind guys... Daz will cont to have problems for the rest of the week or more. Site updates always have bugs and issues that have to be worked out. You must be patient. I'm sorry to say but getting upset about it here will not make the changes go any faster at Daz. So, this thread has gone ok so far..lets keep it that way.

Thanks

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:48 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - The store is back up is all thats being said. Nobody said everything was fixed, although I'm sure you'll be repeating yourself to let everbody know that.

You know what?  YOU are in some one else's "house."  How about you show just a little respect for Renderosity and not speak to people like that?

DAZ people are over here because the DAZ forums don't work, even though they will skeddadle right back to DAZ the minute they come back up. 

And, then, these same people who came over here and disrespected the Renderosity forums and customers will go back to talking about how they'll never spend a dime at any other store than DAZ.

So, show some respect, please.

We are all in some one elses house and should therfore try to show each other some respect.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:54 PM

Thank You, Kimberly... 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:05 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:05 PM

Quote -   We are all in some one elses house and should therfore try to show each other some respect.

:insert fb like button here:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:07 PM

The DAZ GC thread is back:-

LINK

Info there for those that have bought GC's and have not got activation.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:30 PM

Ok, what hapened to the DAZ GC thread this time?????

All the best.

LROG

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:30 PM

Quote - The DAZ GC thread is back:-

LINK

Info there for those that have bought GC's and have not got activation.

All the best.

LROG

it was removed again, but the information and link still remains in the sub forum for daz studio

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849802

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:34 PM

Thanks I'll update the link.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:35 PM

Link to the afore mentioned DAZ GC thread:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:29 PM

You might want to read this:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 5:42 AM

I got an email back from customer support about the paypal / order download issues.

They would seem to be catching up on the customer communications front at least, which is good sign hopefully ;-)

mitzi-CG ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:32 AM

The forum is back now (at least the Commons is)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:42 AM · edited Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:43 AM

I successfully bought a $1 item last night, to see if it might work... and it did.

The two orders that got stuck last week with "processing_auth" are still stuck though...

...but this issue of stuck orders may be something that Daz's sales team needs to look at case by case, who knows!

;-)

boggers ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:30 AM

Thanks for the update monkeycloud.  I think I might try a purchase.  There's some hair that I've fallen in love with and I want to get it whilst it's still in the sale.  Though I'd rather do this without any problems. It looks like there are still a few issues with the site but noticeably less  than earlier.  I'll let you know how I get on.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:34 AM

I got my stuck orders cancelled off now... and I will try reordering in a while ;-)

boggers ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:37 AM

I just ordered the hair, paid by PayPal and downloaded without a hitch - YaY :-)

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 3:15 PM

I am unable to log into the daz site, clicked forgot password and got message a reset will be sent... a week gone by still no link, tried again today still not link (3 hours). I think I will wait a little longer and if no password link I got a phone number and email address to try.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 4:27 PM

Quote - I just ordered the hair, paid by PayPal and downloaded without a hitch - YaY :-)

Yup.... ordering, paying, downloading seems to be working for me too now... so I got the muscle morphs for M4, now to get on with my forum comp entry ;-)

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 5:37 PM

The forums are back as well and you can post there again.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:34 PM

Quote - The forums are back as well and you can post there again.

They are really a work in progress.  That's all I'm going to say...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:08 AM · edited Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nah.  As of 12 hours ago, all my reset EXE files not working on Win 7 32-bit, even in folder other than program files.

DAZ Studio 4.5 ZIP download down is huge (alsmot 500MB), but completes successfully.  Unfortunately, installation process for 32-bit windows PC fails at the Content Manager Installation stage, and entire installation fails; error window pops up.

In conclusion: DAZ website and installers are still not working smoothly, as far as my experience tells me.  I am not going to transact a payment until it can work properly.  

Since I can't get any use from that website, I am probably going to terminate my Platinum Club monthly roll-over before the next due date.

Already reported the technical problems to DAZ using contact info here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/115/

Eternal Hobbyist

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:16 AM

when I click on poser in the compatible software section, I only see 8 items.  But in the general section there are lots and lots of things and some of them look poser compatible too.  

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:33 AM

Which category are you in Esther? Is that just the "New Releases" category? I can see 8 items in that (15 for Daz Studio).

Most categories that I click into, e.g. "People", "Clothing & Accessories", "Hair", if I then select to filter by Poser compatibility (at the bottom right) there are around the same sort of numbers of items as there is for DS;

e.g. the "People" category has 1497 items DS and 1432 items Poser...

cheers :-)

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2

If you use this link, it gives you all items, which you can then apply filters to.  Poser, for instance, has 10,013 items listed as compatible.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:09 AM

I can't see easily how to get all the items for poser from the daz site except by moriador's link then choosing the poser option.

Love esther

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:15 AM

Thanks Moriador.

Is that just a url "hack", or is there actually a navigation option you can use to get that list?

cheers ;-)

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:25 AM

yep that is my question too.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:34 AM

Hey, I 've finally popped my cherry and posted in the Daz discussion forum...

:-)

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:43 AM

well that's your reputation and your cherry gone then.

Love esther

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:47 AM

He he ;-)

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 8:36 AM

Quote - Thanks Moriador.

Is that just a url "hack", or is there actually a navigation option you can use to get that list?

cheers ;-)

AFAIK it's just a url hack. I found it in the Daz forums.  Still, I figure it does the job until Daz gets around to adding it to their menu.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 5:52 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:00 AM

There are problems now with Platinum Club renewals; I myself was charged for the monthy renewal and didn't actually get my membership renewed, and am apparently not alone...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/167/

Make sure that you select to be notified of replys if you post there, as the Forum sort is still not working properly and you might otherwise never find the thread again without a lot of work.

If it happens to anyone else, file a support ticket (although I put one in on Wednesday and haven't yet heard back) and hopefully they will straighten it out soon...

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:37 AM

It seems that things are finally getting fixed. I created a new thread in one of the forums and have been recieving a few hits. Also the Help desk is back up and running as before. At least something is still the same.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 3:13 PM

Not so fixed, I'm afraid...

I subscribed to a few threads and I received notifications after more than a day the replies were posted.

A couple of days ago I was surprised that I logged in immediately, simply opening the forum page, now I'm not recognized again...

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 3:48 PM

Perhaps they still have a few bugs to work out of the system. I haven't had any problems in the last couple of days. As an example of how well some of it is working now, I went to the support/help desk and put in a request for help with a product not installing just this morning. Already, I have recieved a response with two options for what to do. Now it seems to me that this is much faster than what I've experienced in the past with this feature.

On the other hand, I found that over $200 worth of merchadise was added to my cart without my authority; but after logging into my account, that disappeared. I don't know what the cause of this is, but it definitely needs to be fixed before it hurts somebody's financial status.

As for your problem, I hope you can get it taken care of soon.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 4:00 PM · edited Fri, 01 June 2012 at 4:07 PM

I bought two items earlier today,  and just discovered that they are still in my cart... :rolleyes:

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 4:15 PM

If they are already paid for, you should not have any problems. If you do, contact them and inform them of the problem and I'm sure they will do their best to solve it.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:04 AM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:07 AM

Quote - If they are already paid for, you should not have any problems. If you do, contact them and inform them of the problem and I'm sure they will do their best to solve it.

I was able to dump the cart, so no harm, and DAZ has always made things right for me when there have been issues. 

However, this site still has serious issues after over two weeks of bring opened.  I got my start in 3D with DAZ Studio 1.8, and have been a PC member for years, so I have great affection for DAZ, but this upgrade reflects very poorly on ther competence.  Competence is important when one is asking folks to invest time, talent and money into one's products.  It's ironic that a seller of software tools has apparently chosen website tools that make things difficult for their customers.

Most of the PC issues have been fixed, although the PC forum is still inaccessable so some (including me).  More from DAZ here...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1145/

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:06 AM

Well, always better... :rolleyes:

The last time I entered in the site, today, I was recognized as another person, until then, the "not..." was always referred to me anyways.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:28 AM

I'm amazed that people are actually buying anything from DAZ's store at the moment.

Let's put it in another situation.

You are walking down your local shopping area.

You see a shop that is half built but is open for business.

You may or may not be able to get through the front door to get into the store.

Eventually you get in and the stock is in no organized way for you to shop.

You look at the price and see the same thing with different prices and you don't know which is the real price.

The service you receive is of no use at all.

The staff are unsure if your purchases will go through correctly.

The staff also want to keep your purchases after they have checked out and you must write them a ticket to tell them that you want it sorted out.

Now, in real life, you wouldn't be able to get out of that store quick enough and tell everyone you met how bad it was.

And after reading the above, you still want to use the DAZ store???

I would wait until it is working to a decent standard before purchasing anything.

All the best.

LROG

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:38 AM

well I needed some things for a render I was doing, and the store worked fine for me luckilly.

Love esther

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 7:50 AM

Ok, no war intended or complains, but...

...except for a few PC renewals and a couple of Fast Grabs (last year), it's almost a year I don't spend a penny in that store.

And with the new and shiny store less and less.

I wish them all the best, since I have supported them from the beginning, until last year.

Too many choices I consider a suicide for them, after that period.

I don't understand... and I feel sorry for them.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 9:50 AM

Quote - I don't understand... and I feel sorry for them.

My feelings exactly...

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 9:53 AM

"Let's put it in another situation."

Can we put it another way?

You walk into a local store that you've been frequenting off and on for years.

A guy is hanging out at the counter complaining about the other local store where you and your friends work and shop.

He and his friends do nothing but badmouth the store, their service, and their products. They even go to other stores to continue their badmouthing.

You risk being jumped by the guy and his unruly friends if you try to speak up for the store.

The guy and his friends take great delight in every problem, big or small, that your favorite store encounters.

Every time you come back to the store, the guy and his friends are there.

Would you keep shopping there?

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:08 AM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:09 AM

I am going to ask, nicely, one more time, that the criticisms of Daz end right here.

If you have a problem and you think another user can help you, post it. 

If you simply dislike Daz because of the path they have chosen to take with their business, please post it over there in one of their forums. Such posts accomplish nothing here and reflect poorly both on the poster, and on Renderosity.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:09 AM

Quote - "Let's put it in another situation."

Can we put it another way?

You walk into a local store that you've been frequenting off and on for years.

A guy is hanging out at the counter complaining about the other local store where you and your friends work and shop.

He and his friends do nothing but badmouth the store, their service, and their products. They even go to other stores to continue their badmouthing.

You risk being jumped by the guy and his unruly friends if you try to speak up for the store.

The guy and his friends take great delight in every problem, big or small, that your favorite store encounters.

Every time you come back to the store, the guy and his friends are there.

Would you keep shopping there?

SnowS

You know, SnowS, you'd really be a lot more happy if you quit making this issue about personalities and about business.

DAZ brought this on themselves; they continue to heap issue upon issue upon themselves.

It's not about personality to point out that a business is doing great harm to themselves. 

Let's just take one example - DAZ displays one price on the "shelf" of the store, and then when the customer gets to the cash register to check out, they're told the price has changed.  Hell, in most states in the US that's illegal, not to mention the ethics involved. 

It's not about personality - it's about business practices.  And, you'll never stop people talking about that behavior whenever they see it.

You'll really be much happier if you just stop trying to shut people up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.