Wed, Sep 18, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Status Update from DAZ

shaaelia ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:49 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:50 PM

Completly off topic - but Beth, I love your signature!

Spit - I completly agree.  It's becoming a compulsive habit just to check to see if they're back up yet.

And I'm hoping that Daz fixes the store first and foremost - and I'm gonna take a very odd stance and wait.  Patiently. :huh:  Cause even if they don't read the threads here, I don't think they need any more bad vibes sent their way.  Good luck, Daz, and I'll see you there when the store is fixed and ready to go! :biggrin:

odadune ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - A couple new products are up!  DzFire's Terra RVR ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/terra-rvr ) and another $1 beta-bait, R&R Time ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/r-r-time ).

I'm half tempted to sign in for those $ items; Aiden's textures are stunning...but alas, I don't have M5 for the shape & it doesn't say if the textures would just work on Genesis without M5's UV. :unsure:

So I think I'll wait until Daz officially gives the all clear on the store & the forums are launched before making any purchases.  Since RawArt's little contest, I've got my eye on those fantasy shapes for Genesis. :biggrin:

I went ahead and bought aiden on the theory that I would probably get m5 sooner or later, and I can tell you that the texture will not work w/o m5 UV set.  I tried ;)

brodiss ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 5:47 AM

Thanks Richard for providing all that information - much appreciated.

BethQQQ ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:26 AM

Last week's PlatClub items are up:

• GIS Skyway Expansion ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/gis-skyway-expansion )
  • Soothsayer for Fortune Teller 1930 ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/soothsayer-for-fortune-teller-1930 )
  • MFD for Genesis Wonderland Expansion ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/mfd-for-genesis-wonderland-expansion )

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

IanzThingz ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quote - Blaine Furner just posted an update on Face Book which should address some practical issues: cs@daz3d.com is the address to use for customer service until we get the support ticket system back on line. They will handle technical issues such as broken installers. If you have a sales type question, it can be addressed via support@daz3d.com When we have the ticket system back up and running we would ask that you use that system. But this will work for now. Gift Cert Issues go to aanderson@daz3d.com (DAZ_Ann). You can access the old forums (without the ability to login, and in a read only state) at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/. We have the web team working on the store issues first, the customer ticket system second, then the forums.

Thank you Richard for this information, I am not able to find this info on the facebook page, but I understand a thread was removed, maybe it was part of that. I pointed a facebook member query about GC to Ann so glad i got that right!!

Is it possible for the above to re-posted to the facebook page at all?

Cheers Ian :)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 8:32 AM
Online Now!

Well, I understood it to have been posted on FaceBook but since I don't have an account I didn't check. I do hope I haven't leaked top-secret information that wasn't for sharing .... ... fortunately I ddi run this past Blaine before I posted, so it should be safe.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:02 AM

I take my wooly hat off to you all, working on getting the new site up and all, but I hope you're all getting plenty of sleep between the chaos (you probably need the beauty sleep anyway).

But hurry-up, because I hate to think what this is doing to my Peasant Girls, all this time without being able to speak to me.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:32 AM

Peasant Girls?    Are they cheaper than minions?  

IanzThingz ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quote - Well, I understood it to have been posted on FaceBook but since I don't have an account I didn't check. I do hope I haven't leaked top-secret information that wasn't for sharing .... ... fortunately I ddi run this past Blaine before I posted, so it should be safe.

Hi Richard I found it buried in what is becoming a longish thread, is it possible for Blaine or someone else to do a new seperate post, I have just copied and pasted it as a comment for another facebook member :)

Cheers :)

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:03 AM

pheasent girls are not sheep!

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:45 AM

The Commons appears to be up and running. Can't post pictures at this time.

larsmidnatt ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote - The Commons appears to be up and running. Can't post pictures at this time.

thx for the info

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:04 PM

Bryce is up :-)

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quote - Peasant Girls?    Are they cheaper than minions?  

I don't know, but there's nothing cheap about my Peasant Girls.  They're pretty high maintenance sometimes, but other than that, they're worth having.

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:13 PM

BTW pumeco. The B forum is UP!

WoolyLoach ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:35 PM

Yaay, The Commons is up!  time for a new complaint thread!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 3:14 PM

FYI: anyone resetting older installers may have problems.  Spoke with Jared at DAZ, says they are working on that as well, but unfortunately does not have a timeline.  Just keep trying. 

Just a comment I feel strongly about.  Yes to the fact that this is a business ... but we can still be kind because businesses are comprized of people and there can be problems.  WE can't just rant and expect everything to be perfect and take our busness elsewhere because of it.  I've been loyal to several stores ... and unless there are consistant errors I do give people a break.  I'm not "cutthroat" and it's sad when people are. 

Jut my oppinion.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quote - BTW pumeco. The B forum is UP!

Cheers dyret, already posted after I saw your previous notice :-P

mediasponge ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:07 PM

Well, with the forums at Daz back up (mostly), I guess it's time to invite all to cllimb out of the lifeboats back onto the cruise ship Daz. :biggrin:

TJaiman ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:44 PM · edited Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:45 PM

You dooon't.............have............to live like a refugee.

..................................................Don't have to live like a refugeee.

But now that I've hung out here, I like it, and will try not to be a stranger.

"No, please, be a stranger."

Who's going to make the first "Thanks for all the fish" reference?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:21 AM

Quote - Just a comment I feel strongly about.  Yes to the fact that this is a business ... but we can still be kind because businesses are comprized of people and there can be problems.  WE can't just rant and expect everything to be perfect and take our busness elsewhere because of it.  I've been loyal to several stores ... and unless there are consistant errors I do give people a break.  I'm not "cutthroat" and it's sad when people are. 

Jut my oppinion.

Boni

And businesses count on that kind of behavior. Being kind to a business never pays off.  All you are doing is reinforcing bad behavior.

Always remember - right & wrong & morality NEVER enter a business decision.  That is the FIRST lesson you learn in business 101.

You have to deal with business in a cuthroat manner, because they certainly will with you. 

Ask the Poser folks if their long-term loyalty to DAZ has paid off.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 2:53 AM
Online Now!

Quote - And businesses count on that kind of behavior. Being kind to a business never pays off.  All you are doing is reinforcing bad behavior.

Always remember - right & wrong & morality NEVER enter a business decision.  That is the FIRST lesson you learn in business 101.

You have to deal with business in a cuthroat manner, because they certainly will with you. 

Complete rubbish !

A little courtesy when dealing with a business and its employees is ALWAYS a good idea.

Example: I recently had some maintenance done on my car. I took it to a garage that I have used for some years because I know as a business they do know right from wrong and won't 'invent' faults so that they can charge more to 'repair' them.

Try using your approach in  restauraunt and you might well find yourself getting a little extra from the kitchens lol

As a long time Poser user and DAZ customer I am quite happy with DAZ, but less happy with Smith Micro as they have FAILED to keep up.

CD2011 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:35 AM · edited Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:37 AM

I am so turned off by the new Forum. It is so plain. I tried to post there....I logged in, replied to a post (clicked on Submit Post) and received this message:

This page is only accessible to logged-in users with proper access privileges

Perhaps I've been banned. (I didn't receive an email stating that I was).

Jazzmin ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - And businesses count on that kind of behavior. Being kind to a business never pays off.  All you are doing is reinforcing bad behavior.

Completely agree!  

And no my long-term loyalty to DAZ did not pay off, so I shop elsewhere.

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 8:40 AM

:unsure: :scared: :lol:

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 9:16 AM
Online Now!

Quote - I am so turned off by the new Forum. It is so plain. I tried to post there....I logged in, replied to a post (clicked on Submit Post) and received this message:

This page is only accessible to logged-in users with proper access privileges

Perhaps I've been banned. (I didn't receive an email stating that I was).

No, you aren't banned - but the log in has been a bit sensitive (the time-out is much shorter than on the old site, but it seems to be more than that).

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quote - FYI: anyone resetting older installers may have problems.  Spoke with Jared at DAZ, says they are working on that as well, but unfortunately does not have a timeline.  Just keep trying. 

Just a comment I feel strongly about.  Yes to the fact that this is a business ... but we can still be kind because businesses are comprized of people and there can be problems.  WE can't just rant and expect everything to be perfect and take our busness elsewhere because of it.  I've been loyal to several stores ... and unless there are consistant errors I do give people a break.  I'm not "cutthroat" and it's sad when people are. 

Jut my oppinion.

Boni

Thanks for this because I've been going crazy trying to download an older resetted item. Something is downloading but the installers are corrupted. I amnot wasting anymore download attempts until this gets cleared up.

My Facebook Page

CD2011 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 11:28 AM

Ok this is ridiculous! I logged in again, tried replying to a post, and received the same message again! This is frustrating! It seems that I'm not permitted to post there! I've waited and waited for the forums, and now that they're online, I can't access them! Why are all the members who are posting permitted to post, yet I'm not!?

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 11:49 AM

CD, have you tried again to clear cookies and cache from your browser, then refreshing the page?  The forums are still pretty wonky there right now...And there are definitely issues some people are having and others aren't, so hopefully you won't give up 😉

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

CD2011 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:04 PM · edited Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quote - CD, have you tried again to clear cookies and cache from your browser, then refreshing the page?....

No but I'll do that now....

...ok, that worked. Thanks, Alisa!

Blueblood ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 1:09 PM

The scary thing to me is that when I went on the new site from a different computer that I hadn't accessed in a month or so, I still get the green alien. How many people out there who don't use forums elsewhere are continuing to believe that the Daz website is still completely down? I'm sure many of them won't think to clear their cache or cookies, they will just take the under construction page as gospel.

If I were Daz, I'd be updating that page to tell people to clear their cache and delete their cookies...

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - CD, have you tried again to clear cookies and cache from your browser, then refreshing the page?....

No but I'll do that now....

...ok, that worked. Thanks, Alisa!

Oh, good!!  You're welcome :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quote - The scary thing to me is that when I went on the new site from a different computer that I hadn't accessed in a month or so, I still get the green alien.

It might not entirely be a cookies/cache problem. I cleared mine before the first time I went onto the new site, and it's still frequently all worng. I'm convinced the site isn't assembling new pages from the current store database, it's pushing old cached pages — cached at their end, not our browsers — and the same seems to be happening now and then with whatever flag is used to display the "site down" page. I think I saw this behaviour during the brief downtime yesterday (late afternoon Friday DAZ time). Frequent use of the "reload" button seems to help... most of the time.

DarkRider ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2012 at 9:05 AM

[quote

And businesses count on that kind of behavior. Being kind to a business never pays off.  All you are doing is reinforcing bad behavior.

Might ask us about our long-term loyalty to smith micro, too... They often put current versions of poser on sale for the upgrade price, but don't lower the upgrade.  No, kindness to business' is seldom rewarded other than as a marketing ploy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.