Sat, Aug 3, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Daft question, possibly

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:50 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 3:12 AM

Hi Guys

This is going to sound odd I know but it's driving me a little nutty.

Can you pose a figure (eg V4), save a new cr2 such that when the figure loads back in again it is posed, and not at the Zero pose?

I hope that makes sense.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:02 AM

I don't understand - if you load a figure, pose it and then save it back to the library it is saved with the pose. So if you load it again, it is posed (and with all clothing, hair and props attached)

Am I missing something here?

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:03 AM

You can save it as a pose file??
Why a use a cr2?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:04 AM

X posted Wim, sorry.

Yes when you save as a new cr2, all will be saved. The pose, hair, clothes, shoes.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:18 AM

only if you CHOOSE to save everything as one .cr2. you can select which .cr2 to save back to the library.

actually LOOK at the pop-up screen when you try to add grouped items to the figures folder................................

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:20 AM

Appologies, I was a little vague.

I need a cr2 cos I want to use it for rigging.  When you add the cr2 to a new figure in the pose room, it comes in at zero, even if you posed it before saving the cr2.

It's not a common use I know, I would only use it under certain circumstances.  Mosly when the zero pose make it tricky to model a garment.  The most obvious usage being shoes of course.  Even if a figure has flat feet at the zero pose, that's not helpful when modelling heals.  And of course v4's bent feet don't help much either :)

I'd like to be able to model a shoe as it would fit a posed foot, if that makes sense.

Even some regular cloth garments would benefit from being modelled in a posed position.

All things are of course doable when making cloth/shoes on a zeroed figure.  It's just that sometimes it would be easier to make them posed.

John.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:26 AM

yeah, if you save the figure back in a posed position, it will always load in that pose

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:27 AM

Question just to be sure.

Actually, you want to export a Posed figure from poser to model shoes or clothing around.
Correct?

File, export, => Wavefront obj, select what parts you want exported but do NOT vink export as morph target.

The obj or parts of it you selected will be exported in their posed position.

And you can import those in your modeling app to model around.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:50 AM

You are better off posing the foot the way you'll want it for the shoe, exporting those feet to model around (but save the foot pose in Poser for later.

Refer to this thread (which helped me a lot) :).

Laurie

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:43 PM

Thanks Laurie

I fink I get it, I will experiment lots :)

John.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 4:10 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 4:12 PM

actually, shoes are probably the easiest thing to rig :P

If you run into problems ya might shoot pjz99 a sitemail. He seems to have a firm grasp on what's needed, tho he hasn't been around much lately.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.