Mon, Jul 8, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: PBMs made with D3D's Poser File Editor (PFE)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 3:38 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2024 at 1:47 AM

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to load partial body morphs with PFE?  I know how to load morphs for a specific actor in Poser, and how to load full body morphs  PFE.   The PFE documentation says, "For a figure, the morph geometry must be either for the complete figure or you can use partial geometries that contain only some body parts, but with a group for each part named by the actor."   So the full actor can't load partial body morphs.  Does anyone know how to make the partial actor?  Or in general how the PBM process works with PFE?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 9:18 AM

"...you can use partial geometries that contain only some body parts ..."

The way I read it is that PFE can generate a morph for every actor (body part) if you use a an obj file containing all the  body parts as a source.  If you only want morphs for the head and neck, then you must use an obj that only contains a head and neck. That's how I interpret what you quoted, though I have not tried this in practice.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 9:34 AM

That's correct; it does work that way if you have an obj with all of the correct groups.  It doesn't, however, work to have an obj with only the head and neck and an actor with all the parts listed.  It says the vertex count is incorrect then.  I don't know if just using "Clear" on all of the parts that aren't necessary works.  I'm going to try that as soon as I'm to a good point with testing something else, and I actually get some sleep.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 10:51 AM

I tried it out in PFE, using the chest, abdomen, waist, and hip from Antonia 1.2. I got the same result as you "diffrent number of points in geometry file". I tried exporting the obj with groups unwelded, and welded, but got the same result either way. :sad:

However it did work if I only used single-body-part obj morph targets one at a time.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 7:57 PM

Oh!  So if you add a head all by itself, it does work.  That's really good to know.  I was wondering.  OK.  I'm trying to get through some stuff, but I'll try the truncated actor trick soon.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 9:56 PM

It didn't seem to work.  The documentation says that there's a way to do it, but I can't figure it out yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.