Thu, Sep 19, 3:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Modified Origins won't stick - P9

Ometeotl ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 10:38 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 1:09 PM

Hi, I use P9 with SR3 and have encountered a little problem:
If I change the 'Origins' of a prop, save the item or the whole scene, close Poser and open the scene / prop again, the origins are re-setted.

If I do the same changes in P8 they will stick - even in P9.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 10:50 PM

try memorizing them before you save. Of course, once you memorize you can't go back again. If that's fine, then memorize.

Laurie

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 6:38 AM · edited Sat, 29 September 2012 at 6:39 AM

Does this happen with all the props (including the primitives)?

I just tried it, and it seems to work ok for me. Load a box primitive, changed the orgins, checked it with rotate, saved the prop. Restarted Poser, loaded the prop and the origin were where I had set them

But I am using PP2012, so P9 may be different

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 9:08 AM · edited Sat, 29 September 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hi Wim, yes it does happen with all props.

I just tried it with the box primitive, too. I changed the OriginY (from 0 to 1), saved the prop as well as the scene, and closed Poser.

Reopened Poser, loaded the box - OriginY = 0.

Closed Poser, loaded the saved scene - OriginY of the box = 0.

@ Laurie: Do you mean Edit -> Memorize -> Element? I tried that, too. Didn't seem to have any effect.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 9:45 AM

Attached Link: Memorize

This might help.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hm, it's what I did - and it didn't work.

If nobody else has this problem I'm going to re-install Poser. Maybe it's a glitch in my installation.

Thanks everybody for their input

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 12:09 PM

No need to reinstall. I see the bug now.
If you change the origins with the dial, the changes are not saved.
If you change it with the mouse (which I did), then the changes are saved with the prop.

Try it out for yourself. Take the topview and move the origin. And save the prop.

I was suprised that it did not work because I use it a lot. But I always use the topview to move the origin to align with something else. That's why I did not see it

I filed a report at Smith Micro, maybe a fix will make it if there is a new update

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.