Thu, Sep 19, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Imported Obj scale and PP2 files

Tarkhis ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 10:34 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

I'm working on creating a PP2 file for an imported obj prop.   I have edited the PP2 file to point at the geometry externally in the Runtime/Geometries directory and that part works fine.  However, when I add the prop now the scale is too large.

Is there a way to set the scale in the PP2 so that the prop is still 100% of standard figure size?

Or would I need to go back to the original OBJ file, scale it down in my modelling software, then re-export the OBJ file?

Is there some other solution?

Thanks in advance.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 11:06 PM

scale in Poser , then export the obj. The prop should now load at 100% scale if you point it to the new geometry.

Tarkhis ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 11:16 PM

Ah, wondered if that would work but hadn't tried it yet.  I was just experimenting with importing a standard Poser figure obj into my modelling software and using that to scale the prop accordingly.  That seems to work also.

Thanks for the info!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 11:41 PM

In comparison to other model programs, Poser object scale is rather small.  You would need to rescale before exporting from the 3rd party app or perform the procedure markschum suggested.

Tarkhis ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 6:27 AM

For what I'm doing importing a Poser figure into Blender and then scaling my prop meshes in proportion to that has worked best.  Since I'm exporting several props, once I knew the scale settings it was a simple matter to repeat the process and export each one.  They imported fine and all at the correct scale I wanted (which actually turned out to be about 140% roughly of standard figure size), then all I had to do was make sure the origin points were all correct, edit the pp2 file so the geometry was external and they're working fine.

Thanks again for the tips.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.