Wed, Sep 18, 11:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2014 SR5 what ??

722 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 4:26 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

Has PP2014 SR5 been released Didn't get notice from SM

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 4:30 PM

What build number is your DLM showing as being available?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Gator762 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 4:42 PM

Did you check the site?  I'm on a mobile phone right now, harder to check.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 5:11 PM

I don't know where you are getting your information from, so far only SR4 is available ATM.

722 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 5:42 PM

Watched this and thought he said SR5 

http://youtu.be/w6Hdz9YaEss

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 7:07 PM

Yep, you're right, he did say SR5 already launched.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 8:34 PM · edited Sat, 18 October 2014 at 8:43 PM

Did you check your DLM for available update/SR build number? 

Oh wait, that's not blatant enough.

Run... your... DLM!

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 6:38 AM
Site Admin

sr5 is available through the download manager but not the web site.

Here is a list of changes according to the list in the set up file

SR5 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:
SR5 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
General
Now dirtying scene flag for all commands (undo and redo).
Now prompting user to locate missing PMD files.
Frame selected now works properly for non-orbiting cameras.
Corrected behavior of loading alternate keyboard shortcuts, now properly interpreting keyboard ID.
Now preventing loss of undo commands when multiple actions are performed in rapid succession in Document window.
Optimized logic around prioritizing Runtime search when user has a large number of Runtimes.
Color picker now works with Microsoft Surface or Wacom Bamboo pen input (Windows only).
Duplicating a parented prop no longer results in an errant dialog.
Now accepting lower case previous serial numbers in Personalize dialog.
Fixed undo of figure deletion so that it properly restores props constrained to body parts.
Fixed a problem that caused spurious node adoption in Hierarchy selection dialog when clicking checkboxes/visibility toggle.
Fixed case where unexpected parameter types found on actors would cause instability upon loading scene.
Now restoring proper locale after 3rd party shell extension left it set wrong in Save As... dialog (Windows, regions with comma decimal separator only)
Materials
New materials now have a default transparency falloff of 0.0.
Poser 4 style trans map/bump map material blocks in a PZ3 file won't affect gamma of the texture anymore.
Fixed a problem with undo of value changes on compound node inputs.
Animation
Now displaying frame range to be deleted when reducing number of frames in scene.
Fixed a problem with reading Bullet physics simulation names where name collisions were being handled incorrectly.
Graph palette: Improved performance and robustness of audio playback during scrubbing
Graph palette: Improved reliability of making changes to animation layers.
Graph palette: Improved reliability of undoing changes to animation layers
Animation palette: Collapse all layers is now undoable.
Animation palette: Reintroduced missing Play Range and Sound Range label text.
Fixed case where keyframes at the end of a sequence imported via BVH weren't deletable.
Fixed case were rotations were being zeroed before the current frame upon BVH import.
Fixed a problem where Undo/Redo of certain actions (e.g. Importing BVH) could result in loss of keyframes.
Make Movie: Fixed case where ProRes 4444 encoding would result in alpha channel only (OS X 10.9, Preview render engine only).
Preview Rendering
Lights with negative intensities no longer cause hardware shaded preview to turn black.
Fixed case where shrinking viewport below depth map shadow size would cause instability (Intel Hardware Shading OS X Mavericks only).
Fixed a problem with display of transparency when loading a material pose from the library.
Improved preview of normal maps on Simple Bones Single Skin and Poser Unimesh-skinned figures.
Fixed double drawing of actors marked to subdivide separately in Outline display styles.
Final Rendering
Improved look of Indirect Diffuse Light without Irradiance Caching.
Now allowing more than 256 lights per scene.
Improved stability of multithreaded FireFly rendering.
Fixed problems with disappearing geometries in renders caused by figure ID change during parsing.
Improved raytraced shadow terminator on coarsely tesselated objects.
Fixed case where 3D motion blur would not be applied to objects with smooth polygons.
Fixed case where pixels at the edge of the frame could be omitted.
Figure Creation
Hierarchy editor: Can now perform deletion/visibility toggle/reparent on multiple selected items.
Fixed a problem where morph targets with no master parameters weren't showing up in deletion dialog.
Group editor: Fixed case involving vertex groups where deleting polygons would eventually cause instability.
Group editor: Fixed a problem with logic for growing polygon edge loops in certain cases.
Properties palette: Added Enable Legacy Welding option to restore pre-10.0.x welding behavior for those figures that rely on it.
Restored Wave deformer functionality and saving of settings.
Fixed case where scale channels would get reordered during file save.
Morphs of attached props are no longer listed twice when selecting morphs for figure polygon reduction (Pro Game Dev only).
Improved results after applying polygon reduction to a body part of a Poser Unimesh-skinned figure (Pro Game Dev only).
Fixed case where parameters were lost during combining figures. (Pro Game Dev only).
Import/Export
Now deleting unused vertices when an exported OBJ is welded at body part seams.
Restored 3DS import functionality.
Improved stability importing certain OBJs.
Improved animation import (COLLADA only).
Added <animation_clip> support (COLLADA export only).
PoserPython
Corrected WorldVertices() and WorldNormals() output.

KNOWN ISSUES IN SR5
•    When exporting a figure as a morph target with no real world transformations set, the figure will not be exported in its zero pose if the figure uses Poser Unimesh skinning method. Changing the skinning method to traditional (Figure > Skinning Method > Poser Traditional) will export the figure in zero pose as intended.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 6:43 AM

Till now there only seem to be a full release SR5 availeble. Will there be an update to SR5 installer?

722 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 7:03 AM

Thanks RedPhantom

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 7:10 AM

What about the updated Content? Anybody know that they updated?

722 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 8:25 AM

DLM 

showing that the latest version to downloud is 10.4.27796

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 8:35 AM

Quick question: I purchased my copy of Poser Pro 2014 as a box edition upgrade and had been eligible for SR updates in the past through email links.  Is it necessary for me to install the DLM at this stage to take advantage of future SR's?

722 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 9:36 AM

SM support  not able to reqest username and password .

No way for me to contact them  need help

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 10:26 AM

Quote - DLM 

showing that the latest version to downloud is 10.4.27796

MY DLM appeared to show that there was an update to the DLM which I did.

DLM now shows Content updater and Service Release 5 available under the update tag which I am downloading now

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 10:36 AM

Download dune, installed - (use existing preferences is default)  Poser now running 10.0.5.28164.

Doing test render as I type.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

722 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 11:37 AM

DLM UD  when 

Never new about it

Allways had issue with the UD (the links never would be in the UD downloud set )so i wood always have to go through support and they wood send e-mails that had working links must not of gotten DLM UD in the e-mail

Now i can't even get access to support  At SM . Is there a Support phone number that i could call and talk to someone at SM support

Flustratedddddd

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 12:16 PM
Forum Coordinator

When will SR5 be available on the web site?

I really hate these so-called helpful utilities that mess up my setup of Poser

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 12:19 PM

When I first launched DLM I had a message saying there was an update.  It is now at 10.4.27796 but I did not update to SR4 as such as I purchased the game version.

Now when I launch DLM I have the Installed list and also an update tab in the top left hand corner.  Under that I have the two new updates listed.

Appears to have updated fine and having run my normal basic tests like rendering loading saved scenes I have no issues so far.

722 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:06 PM

ok ok ok So I found  that for some reason DLM had saved severl places on my comp,, tried each one  and the second one popup the list for the new updates .. 

Dont know why it had multiple copies scaterd throughout my comp,,??Hum

But i'am now downlouding SR5 Yea!

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:13 PM

722, in general when checking DLM, look for a new build for the DLM itself.  Not uncommonly, the DLM will need to update before it can acknowledge a new Poser update.  If it had occurred to me that this SR was one of those occasions, I would have mentioned it.  Sorry about that.

Poser 12, in feet.  

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 7:37 PM

Quote - Did you check your DLM for available update/SR build number? 

Run... your... DLM!

So...........

You are saying I need to run the download manager?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 7:50 PM

(ssgbryan)  

Quote -   So...........You are saying I need to run the download manager? 

I was trying to subtly hint at that solution, yes. laugh

Poser 12, in feet.  

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2014 at 3:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - Did you check your DLM for available update/SR build number? 

Run... your... DLM!

So...........

You are saying I need to run the download manager?

Just clutching at straws here really but perhaps running the download manager might help....worth a shot?

danidh ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 2:32 AM

Where does one find the DLM?  A tutorial for using it on SM's website inferred that it would be in my download folder but I purchased a physical upgrade of PoserPro 2014 back in June of 2013 and I've download all the updates (latest one SR4 in August 2014) from the website.

Is there a link for the Download Manager on SM's website?  Dani (confused old lady smile

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 12:19 PM · edited Tue, 21 October 2014 at 12:23 PM

On a 64bit system, look in C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroDownload Manager for the blue circle with the white "download" arrow;  right-click on that and from the popup menu, select send to desktop (create shortcut).

It would be convenient if you create a text file and leave it on the desktop, with the Poser serial number, since you need to enter the serial each time you run the DLM.

If the DLM isn't there, then we're going to have to figure something else out. lol

Poser 12, in feet.  

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 12:29 PM · edited Tue, 21 October 2014 at 12:31 PM

you don't get the DLM when buying the two-disc set.  wait for them to post download link.  they've been busy the last few days.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 12:34 PM

Ah, thank you for the catch, Miss Nancy;  do you mean SM will post a d/l link for the current DLM on the update website?

Poser 12, in feet.  

PointLady ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 1:06 PM

I found my DLM and have just about finished getting all the files, just waiting for the last one now.

I use PoserPro 2014.   I noticed that the main programe download wanted me to uninstall my present 2014 then it would install the SR5. 

Does one do this first or can you just overwrite the present PP2014 program with the new files.   I took a copy of the SR3 (never got SR4) runtime anyway for I have things installed I want to keep.   Thanks, Jan

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 1:40 PM

Quote - I found my DLM and have just about finished getting all the files, just waiting for the last one now.

I use PoserPro 2014.   I noticed that the main programe download wanted me to uninstall my present 2014 then it would install the SR5. 

Does one do this first or can you just overwrite the present PP2014 program with the new files.   I took a copy of the SR3 (never got SR4) runtime anyway for I have things installed I want to keep.   Thanks, Jan

If you already have Poser 2014 installed you should be able to do just the update for SR5.  Mine was located under the updates tag in the DLM.  It did not overwrite my full install but I did have the option for it to use the existing preferences.

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 7:28 PM

Does this fix the problem with gamma auto-changing when loading?  (I read the list, it mentions "Poser 4 style trans map/bump map material blocks in a PZ3 file won't affect gamma of the texture anymore."  I do not know if that means the issue is fixed as I understand it.) 

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 7:47 PM

(Moogal) 

Quote - Does this fix the problem with gamma auto-changing when loading?

Yes.

Poser 12, in feet.  

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 10:17 PM

Quote - (Moogal) 

Quote - Does this fix the problem with gamma auto-changing when loading?

Yes.

Sweet...  I'm in the middle of some things and had been holding off on activating the Game Dev features as I was afraid it would change the appearance of my renders. 

Zaarin ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 11:18 PM

I'm trying to imagine a situation in which I would need more than 256 lights. Especially now that IDL is a thing. :blink:

danidh ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 2:09 AM

Thank you!!  Dani

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 12:39 PM

they need those lite sets to fake GI for games.  IDL/ray-tracing is too slow.  AO may also be too slow, but they need some way to avoid nostril glo.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 4:25 PM · edited Wed, 22 October 2014 at 4:34 PM

SM posted SR5 links on PP2014 update page today, for those not using DLM. ~170 MB in toto.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 5:30 PM

can confirm they fixed "no-IC" artifacts.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 6:03 PM

Funny, I checked for the update recently and did not find any SR5 page.

moogal ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 9:01 PM

Quote - they need those lite sets to fake GI for games.  IDL/ray-tracing is too slow.  AO may also be too slow, but they need some way to avoid nostril glo.

I'm confused...  How do Poser's light sets translate to games?  Isn't the point of PoserGD to export the mesh data into a game engine?  Poser lights are for Poser's renderer only, I thought.

There's no way to bake lighting within Poser, is there?

I assumed it was for night scenes with a lot of specular lights, but now I'm curious...

moogal ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 9:08 PM

On a slightly off topic note...  The update check locked me out of Poser twice in a row a few minutes ago.  I had locked Poser up, ironically by cancelling a render I started by accident meaning to save instead (muscle memory I suppose).  So I reload the scene to start re-doing my last 20 minutes of work.  I get to the mat room and start typing a value into the "ambient" field.  Poser pops up the update prompt and when I select "OK" Poser is now unresponsive.  Gadgets are showing mouse over, but nothing responds to mouse clicking.  I cancel out via task manager and restart Poser.  Same thing happens again exactly (because I'm again doing the same thing as before when prompted).  Third time I restart Poser I have to wait a couple minutes again to "OK" the update prompt.  Only then was I able to safely continue working.

I don't think it should work like that.  👎

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 12:00 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - SM posted SR5 links on PP2014 update page today, for those not using DLM. ~170 MB in toto.

I see SR5 only on the Poser 10 update page. PP2014 still shows SR4 as latest.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 12:51 PM · edited Thu, 23 October 2014 at 12:53 PM

file_508020.png

[http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html](http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html "http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html")

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 4:04 PM

The SR is totally available now, downloaded last night.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 4:16 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html

OK, reloaded the page and see it now. Was a browser-cache problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.