Thu, Sep 19, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Photoshop Elements

malwat ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2014 at 4:15 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:19 PM

I use PSE, and I am finding that there are tutorials for creating such things as water-droplets brushes for PS but they have bits that do not seem to be present in PSE. Does anyone know how to create a realistic[looking brush in PSE (10 or 11) so that when my characters are in the shower or the pool they actually look as if they are wet?

Thanks.

Malwat

Getting younger by the day; getting older by the minute....

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2014 at 9:00 PM

not sure about the brush aspect but here's a Tut that runs through a process you could tweak...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfQ_P5avgc

don't have elements so it's a little harder to come up with suggestions

malwat ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 4:45 AM

Thanks for this Retrocity (I wonder if the name rhymes with metro city or atrocity?). I had found that video, and it is extremely clear - pity about the voice - but it is also a very slow and laborious technique, doing single droplets. I am trying to give characters in showers and pools the look of water over them, and so the individual droplet is simply not viable. There are ideas for creating brushes to do it in Photoshop, but I can't emulate them in PSE. I can't truly justify buying PS either.

Malwat

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 6:48 AM

not sure if Adobe's given you the ability to "record" actions yet (i know you can "play" them...) but maybe someone with PS can create an action of the droplet creation and then all you need to do is add the "dots" all over your characters and play the action (i know it's still laborious, but it's a workaround)

s

(...and it rhymes with "metro city")

malwat ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 10:17 AM

Thanks.

I haven't a clue.

I am disappointed by the way that Adobe is going with PS. If anyone knows of a different program that acts in the same way I shall be interested. I also use Serif PhotoPlus which does some things better. I often do some work in one and the rest in the other. Nice to find a way to use abr brushes though. I have had no success installing abrviewer, which is what most people seem to recommend.

Malwat

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2014 at 10:35 AM
Forum Moderator

I am not sure if this will be of any help and will not say it is complete alternative to PS but recently purchased PD Howler 9.1 here at Renderosity for a great price and if you purchase it  E-mail the creator you will receive a substantial discount coupon to upgrade to latest release and it is a very powerful graphic application to add to any workflow. The creator also has a great Youtube channel with tons of tutorials showing off many of the applications tools and functions. I have played around with Project Dogwaffle since version 5 and must say it has matured into a very useful tool. You might want to look into

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

malwat ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2014 at 11:20 AM

I think, - only think - that I may have found how to do it. Follow the procedure previously mentioned by Retrocity for creating droplets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfQ_P5avgc) And then create a pattern from the droplets. Use this pattern to create a new brush/brushes as in the (readable) link at http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/ss/custombrush.htm I had a goo with it and generated something that sort of works, so a bit more effort may do it.

Malwat

nedkelly ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2014 at 7:17 PM

If you are trying to create 3d models with wet skin by adding the wet look in post work then I would suggest doing it in the 3D program instead. There are a few good wet skin addons around, I use wet bodies for M5 V5 which is pretty good. If you are attempting to create your own wet look skins then I would just search for some free water effect brushes rather than trying to create them with such a function restricted program as PSE. There are lots of free brush sets on offer, Deviantart is a good place to start your search.

Just my 2cents worth. 

malwat ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2014 at 4:20 AM

I haven't found any such addons. I just looked for wet bodies in renderosity and nothing comes up.

Should I hunt elsewhere? I use DS 4.7.

Malwat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.