Wed, Sep 18, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Weird V Shape in Dresses

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 2:14 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:52 AM

I asked this question on Daz3d. I only got one response and the person recommend the very thing I said didn't work. So I'll ask here.

As shown in the attached image, Auto Follow creates these weird V impressions in Genesis 2 dresses when I use the thigh thickness morphs or the Victoria 4 body morph. I have tried Sickleyield's Clothing Smoothers but, it doesn't remove the issue. It was never designed for those morphs.

file_202cb962ac59075b964b07152d234b70.pn

It's very distracting. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thank you.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 2:20 AM

If the SY clothing smoothing modifier doesn't work, you really need to look at adding a custom FBM for the dress to compensate for the morph distortions. What your seeing is the join where the hip and upper thigh influences meet on the dresses shape. 

Which isn't going to be a simple process involving external 3d modellers.  

markht ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 3:31 AM

This is a common problem with autofit.  I have seen this a lot with V4 clothes on Genesis or G2F.

You can send the dress in Hexagon or some other modeling tool and smooth the dress out, creating a morph to fix it.

LPR001 ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:57 PM · edited Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:58 PM

Not sure what level you are at so I will put it up. I come across this the other day come with some merch res I had purchased and it pretty much covers aspects of your situation.

If you type the title listed below into YouTube search you will see a tutorial she cuts a dress up into a skirt and top (Starts of in ZBrush but none of the work is carried out in there she actually uses blender). covers the prep export, repairs, smoothing and first steps of conforming bring back into Daz it may help 

Genesis 2 Females Starter Suits Presentation

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

willdial ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 2:29 PM

Thanks for the tips. It was very helpful. I many use Poser and the DSON importer. There I use the Morph Brush. I have Hexagon, so I will try to create some fixing morphs with it.

jdstrider ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 12:16 AM

Fixing up an outfit in a modeling program is a good solution, but I just picked up a NEW set of Auto-Fit templates that really help. Check out the following item over at DAZ.
Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s)
I have used the SY templates while moving through the G1, G2F cycle, but this new one is much better. It is not perfect, but the problem with this specific issue are greatly reduced.

Teresafb ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 7:57 PM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:23 PM

Razor42 posted at 7:56PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4219485

If the SY clothing smoothing modifier doesn't work, you really need to look at adding a custom FBM for the dress to compensate for the morph distortions. What your seeing is the join where the hip and upper thigh influences meet on the dress shape. 

Overall, still a good smooth design

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:56 PM

I reported this yesterday the above poster is a spam attempt, the comment makes no sense and has placed an offsite link in the quotation of my comment. Please remove it!

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:21 PM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:38 PM

I will take care of it Razor42 thanks. Sorry for the delay

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:37 PM

Teresafb posted at 2:54PM Thu, 25 February 2016 - #4256976

Razor42 posted at 7:56PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4219485

If the SY clothing smoothing modifier doesn't work, you really need to look at adding a custom FBM for the dress to compensate for the morph distortions. What your seeing is the join where the hip and upper thigh influences meet on the dress shape. 

Overall, still a good smooth design

With your future posts in the Daz forum or anywhere on this site please do not place a link of any kind between the lines of the person you are quoting, which was done for no other reason than to spam.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 11:36 PM

Thanks Johnny, you rock :)

LPR001 ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 12:31 AM

I know

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 3:31 PM

One other option is to use the D-Form tool. Note the effect of a D-Form can be weight painted, so you get exactly what you want when using it, it can also be turned into a morph.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.