Mon, Jul 8, 3:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: The Next Da Vinci?

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:36 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2024 at 5:29 PM

Next da Vinci? Math genius using formulas to create fantastical works of art

That was the Headline of an article on CNN.com under World News, it caught my eye so I checked it out. My first thought is were talking Fractals right, any of us Fractalists would think Mathematical Art=Fractals wouldn't it? Nope, it's about a 25 year old Math Student, Hamid Naderi Yeganeh in Iran who is making Great Art with Mathematics........Wait a second, haven't us Fractalists been doing that for Years and Years, using Math of all things to make Art. Hell the Math is already there developed by the likes of Benoit Mandelbrot, Sierpinski, Menger et all, all you have to do is know where and how to use it. Yet the article never mentions their Names or even the term Fractals, I mean c'mon get serious. It's no wonder Fractals are not widely known when so few actually know what they are and some Math dude in Iran can do these Spirograph looking Fractals and he's Coined the New Da Vinci, that's a Joke to me. It's no wonder CNN is dying as a source of current News, Years late on a Subject and whole lot of Facts short on the Subject, that article just really made me Angry they really don't have a Clue.

Benoit Mandelbrot Rules!!

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

QuietRiot ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 10:18 AM

I went, I saw, and I was totally confused. The Institute of Mathematics should know better, yet they tout this person as the original genius of this kind of image. Oh well. Such is life.

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 11:53 AM

I know so was I, I mean Art from math that's Fractals in a nutshell right, just shook my head at that article, really wished there was a comments section on it so I could give'em a blast of crap for it.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 12:05 PM · edited Tue, 06 October 2015 at 12:06 PM

Test

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.