Mon, Oct 21, 5:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:29 pm)

Subject: Poser Dyn clothing now in Daz Studio

marble ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 7:17 AM

I did try it parented and unparented - still no joy. I see in the reviews on the product page that a user named MacSavers has it working with some help from the vendor. I left my own review asking for more information.

marble ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 7:48 AM

Here's a screen shot with a garment not parented.

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 13.45.34.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-03 at 13.46.20.png

boudicca36 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2016 at 10:00 AM · edited Wed, 06 April 2016 at 10:03 AM

Could try saving the the _dyn prop as [whatever it was called for a dynamic clothing item] then remove the 2 files from the scene ... load the new saved _dyn prop and select it. If that doesn't make it to show in the plugin, I hope the script writer can help you.

... did you try any other items, very simple items in case the problem is with the garment. ... sometimes closing D/S and opening it again makes things work again ... there was one prop I was trying to have made that just wouldn't take until after a refresh of the program.

marble ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2016 at 1:34 PM

boudicca36 posted at 7:28PM Wed, 06 April 2016 - #4264413

Could try saving the the _dyn prop as [whatever it was called for a dynamic clothing item] then remove the 2 files from the scene ... load the new saved _dyn prop and select it. If that doesn't make it to show in the plugin, I hope the script writer can help you.

... did you try any other items, very simple items in case the problem is with the garment. ... sometimes closing D/S and opening it again makes things work again ... there was one prop I was trying to have made that just wouldn't take until after a refresh of the program.

Thanks for the tips but, yes, I've tried all you suggest already. I have sent a PM to Lola69 (last Sunday) but so far no reply. I don't hold out much hope though - I gather very few vendors test on the Mac platform even though both Poser and DAZ Studio run on Mac. With DAZ, I can always return the product if it doesn't work but that's not the case here (as far as I know).

boudicca36 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2016 at 3:04 PM

marble posted at 3:03PM Wed, 06 April 2016 - #4264432

boudicca36 posted at 7:28PM Wed, 06 April 2016 - #4264413

Thanks for the tips but, yes, I've tried all you suggest already. I have sent a PM to Lola69 (last Sunday) but so far no reply. I don't hold out much hope though - I gather very few vendors test on the Mac platform even though both Poser and DAZ Studio run on Mac. With DAZ, I can always return the product if it doesn't work but that's not the case here (as far as I know).

If you can't get the plugin working on a Mac, then it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask for a store credit.

spearcarrier ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2016 at 5:42 PM

Well, I was so excited when I bought this! And I've played a lot with it. I've been trying to use the technique where you convert DAZ clothing into dynamic clothing. Sometimes it works. Sometimes the script runs and... then nothing happens. I usually have that issue AFTER I've imported into Hexagon and smoothed the surface.

One thing I've been happening is unless the prop is a solid object (a single sheet or or a sack dress) the different parts of the prop will drape... and fall apart. So I have this jacket draping, and the collar is going one way while the sleeves are going another. Perhaps I'm just experimenting past the script's ability, but I can't help but snap my fingers and go dang it. Being able to turn some of my props into dynamic clothing would really up the game for my comic and attempts to learn animation.

Has anyone tried it with hair? I did. That... was a mess.

spearcarrier ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2016 at 3:20 PM · edited Wed, 13 April 2016 at 3:20 PM

....And I give up! I guess I'll ask for my money back. Not only can I not get any help with it, it just flat won't even RUN. I've managed to convert one whole stinking object of the dozens I have tried. ONE. I've followed the tuts meticulously. I lost sleep on it working with it trying to get something to work. Maybe my version of DAZ isn't compatible which would leave me wondering why the one solitary object did convert. I wouldn't recommend this script. I am so... so.... soooo disappointed.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2016 at 8:05 PM · edited Fri, 15 April 2016 at 8:13 PM

@spearcarrier

I'm not exactly sure what you've tried and what you haven't, but I do know a few things. I'm using the latest version of DS and had applied the update to the Daz Dyn Clothes script recently. I fired up DS just to check only to find that it didn't work for me either (Windows 8.1, 64bit). So I replaced the updated script with the previous version that I had backed up on an external and it was suddenly working again.

Also, I do know that when trying to run a simulation (assuming the script worked and you have a file with _dyn), the object cannot be parented to the figure.If it is, the dynamic clothes part won't work - for instance you can't even select what to collide against. Make sure it's not parented. Then it'll work. Not sure why that is...but if you were/are a Poser user, dynamic clothes work best in it when parented to the figure. Not so with this script.

Also, depending on the article of clothing, the script can can take a little while. Not too long tho.... But sometimes it's not instant. My first advice would be to check the version of the script you are using. The one that worked for me had the filename "DynCreator_for+DazStudio_184843". The version of DS I'm running is 4.9.130 - the .dse of the script that worked for me has a created date of Friday, March 25th when I look in its properties.

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 8:43 AM

"I'm not exactly sure what you've tried and what you haven't, but I do know a few things. I'm using the latest version of DS and had applied the update to the Daz Dyn Clothes script recently. I fired up DS just to check only to find that it didn't work for me either (Windows 8.1, 64bit). So I replaced the updated script with the previous version that I had backed up on an external and it was suddenly working again."

Hi indeed I can confirm that the update breaks the plugin in that it seems to disable my ability to create "Dyncloth" from externally imported meshes but still works with native Daz studio primatives. I too backgraded to my previous version and got my functionality back oh well... not a show stopper as the "update" did not really add any new functionality like fixed or constrained groups.

My website

YouTube Channel

boudicca36 ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 1:59 PM · edited Sat, 16 April 2016 at 2:01 PM

FYI - there has also been some more dialogue happening on the product page at DA. The issues spearcarrier is having have to do with the original messes not the script as far as I can tell atm. So reminder for all, yes the mesh has to be "one", and yes, D/S prefers quads. Decimator in D/S can help with the heavier models to make them convert faster and work better in the plugin however for the um, delightful arrangement of tris that Decimator produces, one might seriously consider either re-making the mesh and using quads and/or look for another clothing item. There are thousands "in the wilds".

Over time there will [one would think] become a lot more mesh available that can be converted and draped without issue. Nothing is a "one click" magic solution for "all" scenarios. Considering I don't have some $27,000 or whatever it was for the creation plugin; I'm finding this script to be very much fun ... it gives a chance where none existed. Also very useful for creating morphs for D/S normal props and figures.

reading over the posts, glad I didn't update! I'm on W7 64bit.

spearcarrier ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2016 at 2:03 PM · edited Fri, 22 April 2016 at 2:05 PM

"The issues spearcarrier is having have to do with the original messes not the script as far as I can tell atm. So reminder for all, yes the mesh has to be "one", and yes, D/S prefers quads"

If that were the case wouldn't I have been able to convert something? I need to sit down and ask you these things better (you've been fabulous with the help so far). The creator suggested that it's encountering a problem that's shutting it down in the message I got from them - I don't know because it's not like I'm offered a log when this happens or anything. It just flat stops and that's the end.

I thought others who have turned up with my exact same issue talk about going back to an earlier version and things working again. To wit: "Hi indeed I can confirm that the update breaks the plugin in that it seems to disable my ability to create "Dyncloth" from externally imported meshes but still works with native Daz studio primatives." Alas, I don't have that option. To be honest, I'm not sure if they mean a DAZ update or a script update.

Overall I want very much to say the script isn't a total loss for me, especially considering I'm in a position where $8 is a lot of money and this was a real investment by me for a project I care about overly much. I want to be able to say this positive thing, but I haven't figured out what to do just yet and for the past few days I've been bedridden sick again. I hope when this migraine goes away I can return to experimenting... but I'm not holding my breath because when I get sick my work falls behind and it sometimes takes me months to catch back up again. By then, who knows, there might be even more developments for or against the situation.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2016 at 10:16 AM · edited Sat, 23 April 2016 at 10:18 AM

"I thought others who have turned up with my exact same issue talk about going back to an earlier version and things working again. To wit: "Hi indeed I can confirm that the update breaks the plugin in that it seems to disable my ability to create "Dyncloth" from externally imported meshes but still works with native Daz studio primatives." Alas, I don't have that option. To be honest, I'm not sure if they mean a DAZ update or a script update."

Hi in my case I mean the update to the dyncloth script itself. I am still on Daz studio 4.7, 64 bit win7 and I wont be updating Daz studio anytime soon for various reasons.

I agree that many of the problems people are having are likely related with trying to take existing conformers with thier various mesh groupings and converting them to dyncloth I am only using models made from single continuous meshes like most of the ones designed for use with posers aged cloth engine.

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2016 at 3:09 PM

I also meant I went back to an earlier version of the dyn script itself. Also like wolf359, I've been using actual clothes created for dynamics, not trying to convert conformers.Those have big problems in Poser as well, so I've always avoided them. Since I can make my own clothes, I either whip something up myself or I'll use something made specifically dynamic. I like Lully's clothes for Dawn. With only a little work they can fit any figure.

Laurie

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2016 at 9:11 AM

@Marble, as nothing is showing in the cloth panel I suspect that the block DAZ added in 4.7 is still on the Mac version while it's either missing or broken on the PC version.

Easy way to check is to load in an optitex outfit, set it to collide with nothing and set the Opacity of the surfaces to zero, next load in something you want to convert to dynamic, once you have converted it delete the original non dynamic version and then set the drape to all cloth in scene and to single frame and then try to drape what's in the scene.

If it's the block as I suspect then the item you converted should drape, this was the first quick and dirty method I found to get around the block when they originally added it roughly 2 years ago.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2016 at 8:15 PM

Secretly, I wish Daz would ditch Optitex and develop their own dynamic cloth...one where we could use our own meshes of course ;).

Laurie

boudicca36 ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2016 at 6:23 AM

LaurieA posted at 6:20AM Fri, 13 May 2016 - #4268884

Secretly, I wish Daz would ditch Optitex and develop their own dynamic cloth...one where we could use our own meshes of course ;).

Laurie

Not so secret as somebody had commented on it sometime back, he is working on something ;-) However I hope they do not ditch Optitex from the program as we do still have of their clothing items and would want them still to work.

I have been making some dynamic cloth items using the script, and also using the script to assist in clothing creation and for making morphs.

kaotkbliss ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 12:41 PM

I've bee curious, what specifically about a clothing item causes the dyn creator script to not work? I pick a clothing item, convert to prop, run the script and I see a dyn_item appear in my scene tree. But then the script closes and the dyn_item disappears.

This is before the newest Daz update that appears to have broken the script :( I hope the script gets an update to work around Daz's mess-up as I've not had a chance to use this much yet.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 9:18 PM · edited Fri, 10 June 2016 at 9:20 PM

I'm using the latest Daz Studio on Windows 8.1.1. The ORIGINAL version of the DynCreator script still works. The update broke it awhile back, but the original file still works. If you've backed up both versions, use that. I just tried it and it's working. Like was mentioned earlier in the thread, sometimes it doesn't work on meshes it doesn't like. I've used it only on cloth made to be dynamic (don't like fiddling with conformers for this) and there's only been one thing that it wouldn't convert.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 10:35 PM · edited Fri, 10 June 2016 at 10:37 PM

Dynamics.jpg

Done just this evening in DS 4.9.2.70 with the DynCreator script. The script ya need to use has a creation date of 2/9/2016. Don't use the file with UD in the zip name. The dress is one of Lully's I got at Hivewire made for dynamics, but for their Dawn figure. This is on the Genesis 2 female.

I should probably mention I have the full version Optitex plugin and am not using the lite version included with DS.

Laurie

kaotkbliss ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 8:55 AM

Since I only just bought it not that long ago, I only have the update version available :( If I knew what it didn't like in a mesh, I could pop the mesh into hex and try to fix it real quick as I tend to pick outfits that fit a scene I'm making rather than building a scene around an outfit.

But I guess it doesn't matter yet until there's a new update to fix the script.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:33 AM · edited Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:36 AM

Maybe you could ask Rendo for the old original file since the updated file isn't working? Or ask the vendor?

As for what it doesn't like in a mesh - it doesn't like cloth that isn't welded. Things tend to pull apart at unwelded seams. A lot of conformers are in unwelded groups.

Laurie

kaotkbliss ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:35 AM

Thanks Laurie, I'll do that :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:36 AM

Good luck :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 3:05 PM · edited Sat, 11 June 2016 at 3:07 PM

LaurieA posted at 3:04PM Sat, 11 June 2016 - #4272115

Dynamics.jpg

Done just this evening in DS 4.9.2.70 with the DynCreator script. The script ya need to use has a creation date of 2/9/2016. Don't use the file with UD in the zip name. The dress is one of Lully's I got at Hivewire made for dynamics, but for their Dawn figure. This is on the Genesis 2 female.

I should probably mention I have the full version Optitex plugin and am not using the lite version included with DS.

Laurie

Just to avoid any possible confusion the optitex paid version need not be present for the original dyncreator to function. Here is a quick render using a free V4 dynamic tunic from ShareCG.

The figure is the Genesis 2 female with the original "Blackhearted Girl next door for Vicky 3" morph transferred via the GENX plugin. DYNTEST..JPG

My website

YouTube Channel

kaotkbliss ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 8:52 AM

Lola just released an update to her script which seems to work again in the latest Daz :) I was able to convert a couple of conforming outfits so far, but Nerd 3D's free Michael/Freak poser dynamic loin cloth would not convert.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 10:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up are there any new features added ?? constrained groups or pinning?? if not I am inclined to leave well enough alone as I am still on Studio 4.7.

My website

YouTube Channel

kaotkbliss ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 8:55 PM

Other than it works again, the only other thing I noticed was an option that pops up every time to convert the UV maps to optitex uv. I'll have to try to remember what clothes it didn't work on before and try again. See if they work now.

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2016 at 1:43 AM · edited Fri, 17 June 2016 at 1:45 AM

I haven't updated the script since first bought it mid Feb, installed in the program directory.

Just checked, the script is dated feb 5 2016.

It worked with 4.8, with the lite version of optitex.

Later I updated to 4.9, no change of script. Worked.

Bought the proper version of optitex. All worked.

So far I played around with prop converted from conformed G3 as well as imported Obj. No issue. Worked as advertised.

My system win7-64....

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2016 at 5:25 PM

kaotkbliss posted at 6:11PM Wed, 29 June 2016 - #4272245

Lola just released an update to her script which seems to work again in the latest Daz :) I was able to convert a couple of conforming outfits so far, but Nerd 3D's free Michael/Freak poser dynamic loin cloth would not convert.

I have 2 versions running 4.9.2.70 and the Beta Public build 4.9.3.25 - just updated because the previous version crashed and disappeared - I only use the original Dyncreator script (BTW where does one obtain updates for Dyncraetor?) So the 4.9.2 version works fine with Dyncreator converting Marvellous Designer .obj's but the Public build version just will not "see"' Dyncreator clothing. I even tried deleting the plugins in the public build and copiying in the plugin version from the 4.9.2 .70 build - nothing shows in Dynamic Cloth!!

Any ideas welcomed.

boudicca36 ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2016 at 7:55 PM

One obtains updates on any product sold here [as far as I know] simply by downloading it again from your Account.

pruiz ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2016 at 4:53 AM

Thank you Boudicca36. Does anyone know where the "full Optitex plugin" - paid version may be obtained?

boudicca36 ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2016 at 11:14 AM

pruiz posted at 11:12AM Sun, 03 July 2016 - #4274450

Thank you Boudicca36. Does anyone know where the "full Optitex plugin" - paid version may be obtained?

It's a purchase item from Daz3D.com Once purchased, a new serial key will be in your Account on the Serial keys page. Open D/S as Admin and under the "about Plugins", there should be a place available to add the key.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.