Wed, Oct 2, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Saving a G3F face morph for distribution

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 11:18 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

• I made a face morph with some purchased merchant resources I purchased from Daz.
  • I have also dialed some Daz settings.
  • Now I would like to save these for distribution.
  • I am saving these as assets/morph assets.
  • I believe this is a 2 part process, morph assets for the merchant resources and shaping * preset for the Daz settings?
  • Because I used a lot of merchant resources it is very difficult to find each setting I used.
  • Is there a simple way to do this, perhaps a utility that recognizes only non zero morphs?
  • I am totally confused on this process as this is the first time I have created a custom face morph.
  • Any help is very much appreciated.
  • Cheerio
  • lululee

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 3:43 PM

I can't think of a way to separate out the MR morphs from the Daz Morphs, though I haven't yet had time to look at the asset-related additions to scripting which may make it possible to group the morphs by product. Using Currently Used in the Parameters pane, however, may help you to sort out which is which.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 4:35 PM

“I made a face morph with some purchased merchant resources I purchased from Daz”

How did you create this morph (step by step)? What merchant resource did you purchase?

This will help to figure out how to put this together

boudicca36 ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2016 at 9:56 AM · edited Fri, 06 May 2016 at 9:58 AM

Morphs created using merchant resources:

Load figure and creation, send over bridge to Hexagon, in D/S remove all the "merchant resource" morphs, in Hexagon send figure back to D/S and make morph "reversing shape"! This will add only the compiled merchant resource morph to the figure, zero the figure, dial in ONLY this new morph. If it works, zero it and save it ALONE as a morph asset.

[I use Hexagon, change instructions as per the modeler you use]

Other morphs and poses are saved as morph presets or pose presets.

You need to have your own work separate from the rest. However once it is in place, THEN you can save a morph preset which includes your new morph and all the others that were used BUT in the redistribution, in the readme, tell people which morphs they need to own to achieve the same results. Your morph will work whether or not they own the other products, but will look different of course from the displayed character.

And still pose presets are saved as pose presets. Trying to turn results into morphs is not going to make them play nice on G3 figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.