Mon, Oct 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Gaps in texture map

offrench ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 3:32 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 12:02 AM

Hello all,

I have a strange problem on some models I am working on. My workflow is the following one:

• model in Hexagon
  • auto mapping in 3dCoat
  • texture making in Hexagon
  • export in .obj format
  • import in Poser Pro 2014

In Poser, the models exported from 3dCoat have small gaps in their texture maps. They are very visible in the preview gaps-preview.jpg

When rendered (simply making CTRL+R), they are slightly less visible, but still appear gaps-render.jpg

When rendered in Octane Render (Poser Plugin), they disappear nogaps-octane.jpg

I suppose this is a Poser bug. Have you ever seen this?

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 3:58 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

It's not a bug, it's a coughbullshitcough feature. Well known. You can faff around with filtering (and, I believe gamma correction) to take care of it. Most poser content creators usually go over the lines on a UV template to avoid it.

Almost none of us care about the Preview, since it's just a rough guide to how the finished thing will appear, although some poor souls use the preview for finished work, though why you'd want to do that is beyond me.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2016 at 12:42 AM

Thanks for the hint! After messing around a bit, I found a solution in 3d Coat. When exporting an object, there is an option at the bottom of the dialog box named: create padding. It fills all the gaps between the texture islands. This solves the problem.

padding.jpg

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2016 at 1:43 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

SamTherapy posted at 2:42AM Fri, 03 June 2016 - #4271250

It's not a bug, it's a coughbullshitcough feature. Well known. You can faff around with filtering (and, I believe gamma correction) to take care of it. Most poser content creators usually go over the lines on a UV template to avoid it.

Almost none of us care about the Preview, since it's just a rough guide to how the finished thing will appear, although some poor souls use the preview for finished work, though why you'd want to do that is beyond me.

To use preview as a realtime render engine n not having to wait 3 days on a render ;)

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2016 at 10:43 PM

Lowering the minimum shader rate in the render settings can get rid of white lines and gaps in texture mapping.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.