Sun, Oct 6, 6:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: fluid simulation just drips ;-( - help

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2017 at 1:56 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:57 AM

I am trying to work through some Blender Tutorials and then try my own scene using that feature. I have a problem with a scene containing camera, lamp, cube set as fluid domain and a uv sphere set as fluid inflow.

My problem is that it just drips.

I am simply trying water from a tap, or a soda machine.

I have not allocated a inflow velocity in any direction assuming gravity would do that. When I tried aa inflow velocity in Z axis I just got a drip hitting the domain box harder.

I did try scaling the inflow sphere but that did not help. I also tried subdivision 2 in fluid boundary and Generate 1 in Fluid Particles. I have set inflow velocity 1 in the sphere settings.

nothing seems to change.

What setting do I look at for more fluid. ?

(edit for spelling and some attempted changes) I have asked this on Blender Stack Exchange as well.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2017 at 4:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi Markschum I will say Fluid simulations is not something I know allot about and do not know which tutorials you have already watched but this one is a recent one that might help with identifying settings you might need hopefully someone will chime in with more information that might be more helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngdVK8OyZcg&feature=youtu.be

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 7:46 PM

Thanks for that.

Thre mistake I made was not appling negative value for the velocity in Z axis for the simulation.

The fluid build up on the inflow item until it exceeds some value and then it drips.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 9:26 PM
Forum Moderator

I am glad to hear you got it working 👍

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.