Wed, Sep 18, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Looking for a simple, straightforward female figure with hair and clothes

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2017 at 2:04 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a "simple, straightforward" female figure with hair and clothes on her. I know that is open to interpretation so I am wondering how to go about finding one. None of the figures that come with Poser work so I am wondering where I would look? Are there websites out there with figures I can buy and download in to Poser to use?

Thank you.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2017 at 2:31 PM
Site Admin

I'll move this thread to the Poser forum where you have a much better chance of getting an answer.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2017 at 3:52 PM

I'm surprised you say none of the figures with poser are what you need as you have the "casual" versions of various female figures (eg Judy, Alyson Roxie, Pauline depending on which poser version you have) which load fully clothed with hair.

However if you want to buy a figure you might try Lorreta Lores which is available at DAZ.

A free figure you might try is Kez (not KezWM which is a conventional poser figure.) If you search poser Kez in google you should find the link.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2017 at 9:51 AM
Online Now!

As it is open to interpretation it might help if you explain what you are trying to do or why the Poser figures won't do what you are looking for. Just looking for guidance on how best to help.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2017 at 11:49 AM · edited Tue, 23 May 2017 at 11:56 AM

Hi guys,

I don't like the proportions of the figures in Poser. I have Poser 11, by the way. All the female figures seem to have the same proportions. I'm a newbie so I'm still figuring it out, though, and I appreciate the guidance. For example, if I pick a particular figure like Judy Casual, for example, how do I know what clothing options would work with her? I'm looking in the Poser 11 Content/Props/ Clothing and I see several of the figures listed but not Judy. I could really use help here. Would I go to one of the other female figure's folders and try her clothes on by trial and error? Or does every figure have clothes that is specifically made for them?

Thank you all. I really appreciate the help.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2017 at 1:45 PM

By and large, figures work only with clothes specific to them. You can re-fit them using Wardrobe Wizard - now built into Poser - or other third party apps such as CrossDresser.

Caveats to WW are the clothes sometimes look half melted after conversion and without a few extra steps, you lose the morphs they include. Can't speak for CrossDresser, ain't never had it.

Many figures have additional morphs which can adjust the figures' proportions but not all clothing will adjust accordingly without extra work. DAZ used to provide a variety of Poser compatible figures and morphs - clothes, too - with a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Not sure if they're available now, though.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2017 at 5:18 AM
Online Now!

costathomas posted at 11:14AM Wed, 24 May 2017 - #4305771

Hi guys,

I don't like the proportions of the figures in Poser. I have Poser 11, by the way. All the female figures seem to have the same proportions. I'm a newbie so I'm still figuring it out, though, and I appreciate the guidance. For example, if I pick a particular figure like Judy Casual, for example, how do I know what clothing options would work with her? I'm looking in the Poser 11 Content/Props/ Clothing and I see several of the figures listed but not Judy. I could really use help here. Would I go to one of the other female figure's folders and try her clothes on by trial and error? Or does every figure have clothes that is specifically made for them?

Thank you all. I really appreciate the help.

Well if you cannot find anything exactly as you want you could try using one of the figures that is closest to your requirement and scaling or using morphs to change the proportions of the figure. If the clothes are made for that particular figure they should scale quite well and any poke through could easily be sorted with the morph brush.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2017 at 5:21 AM
Online Now!

SamTherapy posted at 11:18AM Wed, 24 May 2017 - #4305780

By and large, figures work only with clothes specific to them. You can re-fit them using Wardrobe Wizard - now built into Poser - or other third party apps such as CrossDresser.

Caveats to WW are the clothes sometimes look half melted after conversion and without a few extra steps, you lose the morphs they include. Can't speak for CrossDresser, ain't never had it.

Many figures have additional morphs which can adjust the figures' proportions but not all clothing will adjust accordingly without extra work. DAZ used to provide a variety of Poser compatible figures and morphs - clothes, too - with a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Not sure if they're available now, though.

I have used both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser and I would find it difficult to pick a winner. For some clothes Wardrobe Wizard is better but for others CrossDresser takes the honors, I guess it depends on how the clothes are created. Of course the big plus for WW is that, as you say, it is already included with Poser although CrossDresser is hard costly if you are only using one or two figures.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2017 at 7:35 AM · edited Wed, 24 May 2017 at 7:36 AM

Judy is one of the oldest figures. (She came with Poser5) And only Judy casual survived. Judy herself has gone.

You might find some stuff for Judy if you go and search the free-stuff area's and the Marketplaces dating some 10 years ago.

All more modern figures can borrow clothing from each other using Wardrobe Wizzard or the fitting room, because they are more or less grouped the same way. Smith Micro has some great Fitting room tutorials on YouTube to "cross-dress" figures and clothing.

Personally, I always take the figure and the clothing into Blender to do an initial "fit", and then use the Fitting room to transfer the rig. Video1 and Video4 on my tonyvilters YouTube channel might be of some help creating your workflow. (Mostly for obj file import and export and for obj file quality checks.)

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2017 at 1:30 PM

You don't add clothing to the "casual" figures, they load dressed. Judy casual, if I recall does not have textures applied to her clothing, it's all white. You can change this by going to the materials tab, basic materials, clothing. Make sure Judy is selected then double click on one of the cloth materials in the library. Poser will ask you what bit of judy casual you want to apply this to.

To try changing body shapes etc, Alyson2 might be good figure to play around with. Load her, select body and try twisting a few dials in the parameters window. Then select individual body parts and try changing dials on those..

You can buy character packs for figures. These modify the body shape and skin texture. I think Anastasia, a very popular pack for Alyson 2 is available here at Renderosity, and there are packs for a number of the figure supplied with Poser at Content Paradise. There are quite a few packs available for Pauline here and elsewhere.

But a word of warning, some of the packs need other products that are no longer available to work properly, so read the requirements carefully and make sure you can get all that are needed. ( A number of the packs for Sydney require the Ultimate Body Morphs and Ultimate Head Morphs which I believe you can not get any more .

If you want to buy other figures, the most widely used figure for poser is Victoria 4 from DAZ, but she doesn't come cheap as you need not only the base figure but additional morph packs and skin textures to really use her, so unless you are in a hurry just watch out for special deals. You can use any DAZ figure that are a name followed by 3 or 4 (eg Stephanie 3, Michael 4 etc, but again read requirements carefully as the generation 4 figure require the base Victoria 4 or Michael 4.) Don't get confused the Genesis figures, these can be made to work in poser but as a beginner I'd ignore these for now.)

Another female figure you might want to look at is Dawn from Hivewire, my personal favourite.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 4:12 AM

Re: Alyson 2 as mentioned above by Nails60...

Quite possibly the single most hideous looking Poser figure out of the box. Looks like a scaled down Arnie with breasts. But uglier. Can be made to look wonderful with the addition of Blackhearted's GND A2 set. The changes are radical, though, so existing Alyson clothes won't fit without some Wardrobe Wizard/Crossdresser intervention.

My Store

My Gallery

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 4:53 AM
Online Now!

Nails60 posted at 10:50AM Thu, 25 May 2017 - #4305889

You don't add clothing to the "casual" figures, they load dressed. Judy casual, if I recall does not have textures applied to her clothing, it's all white. You can change this by going to the materials tab, basic materials, clothing. Make sure Judy is selected then double click on one of the cloth materials in the library. Poser will ask you what bit of judy casual you want to apply this to.

To try changing body shapes etc, Alyson2 might be good figure to play around with. Load her, select body and try twisting a few dials in the parameters window. Then select individual body parts and try changing dials on those..

You can buy character packs for figures. These modify the body shape and skin texture. I think Anastasia, a very popular pack for Alyson 2 is available here at Renderosity, and there are packs for a number of the figure supplied with Poser at Content Paradise. There are quite a few packs available for Pauline here and elsewhere.

But a word of warning, some of the packs need other products that are no longer available to work properly, so read the requirements carefully and make sure you can get all that are needed. ( A number of the packs for Sydney require the Ultimate Body Morphs and Ultimate Head Morphs which I believe you can not get any more .

If you want to buy other figures, the most widely used figure for poser is Victoria 4 from DAZ, but she doesn't come cheap as you need not only the base figure but additional morph packs and skin textures to really use her, so unless you are in a hurry just watch out for special deals. You can use any DAZ figure that are a name followed by 3 or 4 (eg Stephanie 3, Michael 4 etc, but again read requirements carefully as the generation 4 figure require the base Victoria 4 or Michael 4.) Don't get confused the Genesis figures, these can be made to work in poser but as a beginner I'd ignore these for now.)

Another female figure you might want to look at is Dawn from Hivewire, my personal favourite.

Dawn is my favorite as well, the Special Edition (SE) is on sale at the moment which comes with lots of morphs for changing body shapes and then there is an additional shapes pack it anyone want to go further. Probably cheaper than V4 at present unless you can wait for a sale when there is a chance the base figure might be free.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 8:10 AM

Another vote for Dawn here. Nice figure. Loads up as a butterface but can be changed easily enough.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 6:10 PM

Alyson 2 can look GREAT with a little work. You won't find these clothing items in Poser, though. I modeled them. This body shape was all done with her installed morphs. The face was created by an artist known as 3Dream. He has a lot of free face morphs to make Alyson and a bunch of other Poser native figures look great.

Green Lantern Alyson 2.jpg

And I am another one who would vote for Dawn. I have the original Dawn, Dawn SR2, and Dawn SE. A lot of great potential there.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 8:45 AM

Love ther ender Rokket. People are too quick to judge a figure "out of the box". If you just judge a figure by the first time you load it, I would have consigned that bug eyed, pin headed monstrosity Victoria 4 straight to the recycle bin. Any chance of the outfit being made available either as a paid product or a freebie? I'm always on the lookout for stuff for the basic poser characters.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 9:22 AM · edited Sat, 27 May 2017 at 9:36 AM

Nails60 posted at 3:15PM Sat, 27 May 2017 - #4306134

Love ther ender Rokket. People are too quick to judge a figure "out of the box". If you just judge a figure by the first time you load it, I would have consigned that bug eyed, pin headed monstrosity Victoria 4 straight to the recycle bin. Any chance of the outfit being made available either as a paid product or a freebie? I'm always on the lookout for stuff for the basic poser characters.

OK, I'll bite...

People usually don't want to spend time farting around with 3rd party addons just because the figures they have look hideous. Almost all the bundled Poser figures look dreadful without additional help. To use Alyson 2 as an example, I'd have never contemplated using the thing if I hadn't seen Anastasia. That made all the difference to having a waste of HD space in my Runtime or a usable figure. Rokket's image is superb - but I'd expect no less - and shows what can be done but there are still some problems with the strange looking sculpted bits at the top of the arms.

As for V4, I've always said she has a face like a smashed crab and consequently use her very little. Life's too short to be trying to make silk purses out of sow's ears.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 4:32 PM

Nails60 posted at 2:30PM Sat, 27 May 2017 - #4306134

I have been consistently at sea for the last few months, with almost no time in port. And when I do I haven't been able to connect to WIFI. I have about 12 or 13 items I want to upload to ShareCG, but I don't have the time. I could package this, but it would sit on my harddrive until who knows when. It's dynamic cloth, by the way. When I make stuff for myself I don't bother with rigging it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 4:35 PM

SamTherapy posted at 2:33PM Sat, 27 May 2017 - #4306137

Nails60 posted at 3:15PM Sat, 27 May 2017 - #4306134

OK, I'll bite...

People usually don't want to spend time farting around with 3rd party addons just because the figures they have look hideous. Almost all the bundled Poser figures look dreadful without additional help. To use Alyson 2 as an example, I'd have never contemplated using the thing if I hadn't seen Anastasia. That made all the difference to having a waste of HD space in my Runtime or a usable figure. Rokket's image is superb - but I'd expect no less - and shows what can be done but there are still some problems with the strange looking sculpted bits at the top of the arms.

As for V4, I've always said she has a face like a smashed crab and consequently use her very little. Life's too short to be trying to make silk purses out of sow's ears.

I agree with what appears to be an attempt to give her shoulders definition is bugging me too. But I've learned to live with it. I could probably take her into Blender and sculpt that out, but that seems like a lot of effort for something I've learned to ignore.

V4 has a ton of support still out there, including face morphs for days. The hard part for me is finding one that is both attractive and distinct. Too many of her face morphs look the same.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 7:47 AM
Online Now!

SamTherapy posted at 1:46PM Sun, 28 May 2017 - #4305957

Another vote for Dawn here. Nice figure. Loads up as a butterface but can be changed easily enough.

Yep Dawn is fun to work with.

The Come On.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 1:43 AM

hornet3d posted at 11:41PM Tue, 06 June 2017 - #4306178

SamTherapy posted at 1:46PM Sun, 28 May 2017 - #4305957

Yep Dawn is fun to work with.

She most certainly is...

Wonder Woman Dawn.jpg

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 3:54 AM

Looks like she's getting old, buddy. The hair is almost as grey as mine. 😁

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 3:57 AM

Had no feedback for a while here but...

OP will deliver.jpg

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 9:20 AM

SamTherapy posted at 7:18AM Wed, 07 June 2017 - #4306950

Looks like she's getting old, buddy. The hair is almost as grey as mine. 😁

Yeah, between that shader and my poor choice of lights, I managed to age her pretty good. On the other hand, I watched the movie tonight, and wow, Gal Gadot has my full attention. I totally bought her as Wonder Woman.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 10:49 AM · edited Wed, 07 June 2017 at 10:49 AM

Ain't seen the movie - and I don't intend to - but I read that it's polarized opinion regarding the female empowerment - or lack thereof - it's portraying. I dunno about that but I freely admit the lady has my full attention every time I see her.

Shader wise, I use Poser Pro 2012 so I go for Snarly's EZSkin and choose the hair options from there. Seems to work well.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.