Wed, Sep 18, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: BASE UV for Garabaldi Hair

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2018 at 2:47 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 4:18 PM

I followed the process, mentioned below, for saving a base obj and importing as a UV, so that Garabaldi Hair works with Genesis 3 Male.

However, no matter what settings I select on the export, on import there's an error message "The UV Map Selected Was Invalid".

The person who posted the instructions doesn't reply and there's no answer in the DAZ forum, so I posted here. Anyone have an idea on what can be wrong? I've spent hours trying combinations of different settings, but the error persists.

Process from Post* There's no need for doing anything in Blender or Hexagon, etc.

Change your G3F/M mesh resolution to Base. Export G3F/M as an obj while it's at Base mesh resolution. Tick the option to 'Collapse UV Tiles'.

Go to the top menu and choose Edit > Figure > Geometry, click on 'Load UV set' and use the popup browser to choose the base resolution G3F/M you just exported.

Give the UV set a name in the next popup.

Go to your G3F/M surfaces and change your surface UVs to the new UV set.

Create a new Garibaldi Hair and click on Face and Torso in setup. Paint away.

Should take a minute at most.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 8:57 AM

Are you sure the figure was at base resolution, and that there was nothing else visible in the scene (all visible elements are included in the OBJ)

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 1:17 PM

Maybe that's it. There are other items in the scene, and some are visible - one is a wall behind the character. I will try it with just a G3M loaded.

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 1:23 PM

That was it. Thanks!

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 3:36 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2018 at 3:36 PM

Maybe you can answer this.

Getting Genesis 3 Male fixed to edit Garabaldi hair directly on it didn't solve the basic problem. The basic problem was I could create and edit the hair on a Genesis figure, have to save the hair as an OBJ, then import that onto Genesis 3 Male. It fit perfectly on import, but when parented to the head the hair obj changed size. It took a lot of tweaking to get it to fit, and it never fit perfectly.

Now creating and editing the hair directly on Genesis 3 Male, I thought that problem would be solved. But it persists. After importing the hair obj, it fits perfectly. But when it's parented to the head, the hair changes size. It sort of fits with a lot of tweaking, but the fit is never perfect.

What gives? If it's made on the Genesis 3 Male, it should fit perfectly! Could it be head adjustments, dials,. making the fit off? If so, how can I get the morphs into the OBJ hair?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2018 at 8:56 AM

Make sure you are using the same preset in the OBJ Export and Import options dialogues - if they match DS will correctly handle any scale adjustments.

flibbits ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2018 at 1:32 AM

There are no options when the hair is exported from garabaldi.

The hair fits perfectly when imported (the obj). But as soon as it is parented to the figure, the hair changes size.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2018 at 8:33 AM

Is the figure scaled? If so, try setting the scale to 100%.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.