Mon, Sep 9, 8:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: G8F thumb posing issue need help

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 7:23 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 6:10 PM

Hello, I hope someone can help with the issue im having with Genesis 8 female, I want her to hold a glass correctly, I refer to the image I have attached, notice the thumb is wrong, when you hold a glass or cup the pad of your thumb is flat to the surface of the container, but for the life of me I cannot get the thumb to do this, and there are no rotation sliders for the two lower parts of the thumb, any help is greatly appreciated. thumb issue 01.jpg

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 7:27 PM

I just tried to hold a cup like in the linked image and I can safely say its definitely not comfortable.

donnena ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 9:23 PM

Can you twist the pad of the thumb? The part closer to the wrist?
Cause my personal thumb only goes up and down... It doesn't do any twisting. (we won't mention snap, crackle and Pop who used to be cereal, but now seem to be my joints!)

;>

Andy!

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2018 at 10:13 AM

I don't have DAZ in front of me but yes, the rotation should be in the base. The upper two joints don't rotate, and it woudn't look natural if they did. As I recall the base has a different name than the finger, something like carpal.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2018 at 4:38 PM · edited Wed, 17 October 2018 at 4:40 PM

I don't believe it the thum that needs rotated... its the glass, and then accomodate the rest of the fingers around it. On my hand, my thumb does not twist when grapsing a cup, the fingers angle up a bit but the thumb stays relatively flat with the pad touching the cup.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2018 at 4:44 AM

the thumb does rotate at the base but doesn't rotate into the correct position so produces an even more ugly bend. and I know the thumb doesn't twist at the joint but surely the bend at the base of the thumb should produce a position where the pad of the thumb is nearly opposite the pads of the fingers instead of at 90 degrees as in the pic. oh and I think the fingers in the pic are not positioned correctly, give it a try.

JAG ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2022 at 6:33 PM

I have found that with importation of Genesis 3 and 8 figures into Poser there is a bug with the right hand in particular. You can create a hand preset for her right hand and apply it and it will work great...come back later and use it again and her thumb goes stupid with it. The bug, as best as I can pin it down, comes down to Poser swapping the data with the hand's skeleton (I guess). There is a sort of fix I've found. Set whatever pose or preset you want on her LEFT hand, then use the FIGURE > SYMMETRY > LEFT ARM TO RIGHT ARM option. There will be a popup asking DO YOU WANT TO COPY THE JOINT ZONE'S SETUP? Select YES. This will copy the hand pose over to the problematic right arm and also correct it's thumb rotation. Again, though Poser will inevitably screw it up again later, so this becomes a constant corrective process. I discovered this "fix" some years back when one of my Victoria 4.0 figures got her thumb screwed up because I applied a RIGHT hand morph to a LEFT hand so it sort of inverted the thumb twisting. So I remembered the fix later when Gen3 did it...and now Gen8 as well. I hope this helps some. Not sure if it's exactly the issue you're having but sure seems similar. 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2022 at 10:17 PM

Maybe you should drop shedofjoy a site mail, that post is over 3 years old.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 5:40 AM

and here I was holding a glass in my hand trying to figure this out as I scrolled down and saw your post 

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 1:30 PM · edited Thu, 26 May 2022 at 1:30 PM

It's an excuse to render something... as long as a glass is being held. LOL 

IrnAnd1mXqiNmCdLPd4UaLYVOFCCTtavkVVHBRbc.png

regards
prixat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.