Thu, Sep 19, 3:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Walk Designer: Multiple Characters

mmandala ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 11:54 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:14 PM

Have a big project requiring multiple characters walking in scenes where they'll be ascending and descending wooded trails. The PZ3 file of the wooded area is already huge with a lot of plants and foliage which has caused a number of crashes already. I dread adding more character ploys to this already unstable build, but it's what the client is paying for. Question: should I design my character's walks in a separate file and import them OR render them with an alpha and composite them in AE or Motion? Thanks in advance!

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 6:33 AM

Well, I would backup everything ... build each walk path and save it ... then slowly add each to your scene. IF and only if that crashes then I would composite it. When you composite it you will lose proper lighting and shadows, unless that is unnecessary. May I suggest you use a comic book style? I know that sounds weird, but it uses fewer resources and yuo may be able to do more. Your client might even enjoy the idea.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

mmandala ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 7:49 PM

Thank you, Boni! All good advice. I'm about to hit the Poser Manual to review animating walks, but off chance, can a walk path be made to go in the Y axis (up/down)?

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 8:34 AM

That I am unsure of. But you can test it ... and "drop to ground" MIGHT help with that ... never tried it, though.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Richard60 ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2018 at 9:02 PM

The walk path does not do Y, however you can manually go in and add the amount of Y need per frame or every some many frames depends on how curvy the terrain is.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

mmandala ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2018 at 3:01 PM

Richard60 posted at 3:01PM Fri, 26 October 2018 - #4338170

The walk path does not do Y, however you can manually go in and add the amount of Y need per frame or every some many frames depends on how curvy the terrain is.

Thanks Richard!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.