Mon, Oct 21, 11:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Daz 4.10 Acesss to Poser Runtime Folder

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2019 at 10:38 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:06 PM

I have been setting up a new computer. In the past I have always insalled my Poser 6 with any version of Daz Studio I was using. Can I just take a copy of my Poser 6 Runtime floder and place it on the hard drive? Can you create a path from the Daz Content Libary to the Poser Runtime Folder content? Will the files load as Poser content?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2019 at 11:47 AM

Unless the Poser 6 runtime doesn't exist on the hard drive, it is not necessary to create a copy. You can always create a path for both libraries, however, the newer content in DAZStudio will not appear in Poser. And Poser 6 is not optimal for DSON if you wanted to import Genesis into Poser as a figure.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 3:17 PM

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 2:37 PM

Were you trying to run Poser items in DAZ, or DAZ items in Poser? If you are just trying to link to the Poser Library in DAZ as hborre said, all you need to do is set up another library link from the Edit panel as I recall. DAZ allows you to use as many libraries as you want. The two programs are growing further apart though, the older stuff works well except for dynamic anything, shaders, and mt5 format materials. Newer stuff is kind of hit and miss and takes more massaging particularly figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.