Fri, Oct 4, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Did not expect this (more default figures upcoming in Poser...)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:02 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:26 PM

Before anything - Congrats to Chris and his crew on this one...

ref: https://www.posersoftware.com/article/427/hivewires-dawn-dusk-and-baby-luna-are-now-included-in-poser-pro-11

_"A new partnership between Poser Software and HiveWire3D will add even more high-quality content to Poser's runtime.

Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna will be joining the stable of Poser figures included in the seminal software, Poser Software announced Wednesday, Sept. 11. HiveWire's gorilla and horse will also be included in the out-of-the-box content, plus additional content will be added in the near future so you can get the most out of your renders."_

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:18 PM

It's a smart move by Hivewire. They are a small crew, with little time to do the promotional work required so letting Poser itself do some promotion is doubly productive.

It gets their figures in front of more folks and reminds them all to grab content for them.

Kudos to Chris at Hivewire and Renderosity for furthering their relationship.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:29 PM

This is an added bonus that will greatly be appreciated. I think that it is high time that most of the old content that no longer function correctly in Poser should be either completely removed or rejuvenated with newer, updated versions to spark a revitalized interest. Let's face it, an overhaul would be most welcomed.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:30 PM ยท edited Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:31 PM
Online Now!

Here's the announcement at Hivewire:

https://community.hivewire3d.com/threads/poser-pro-11-to-include-hivewire-figures.3875/?mc_cid=efd0d14e87&mc_eid=cb3ecc56c3

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 4:33 PM

hborre posted at 5:32PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361809

This is an added bonus that will greatly be appreciated. I think that it is high time that most of the old content that no longer function correctly in Poser should be either completely removed or rejuvenated with newer, updated versions to spark a revitalized interest. Let's face it, an overhaul would be most welcomed.

All of the old, outdated content will be removed from Poser to make room for quality, updated content like this. The old content will be placed on an online file server for those who might wish to download and install it from zip files.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 5:21 PM

It's a good move by both companies, Dawn is an excellent figure!

I also read that there's a LF Lite included, dunno what that is though. D:

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 5:29 PM ยท edited Fri, 13 September 2019 at 5:32 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 6:27PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361816

LF Lite is an education version - no genitals.

I used La Femme Lite in this render:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/fun-with-kit-bashing/2893792/?p

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 6:16 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 7:14PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361817

JohnDoe641 posted at 6:27PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361816

LF Lite is an education version - no genitals.

I used La Femme Lite in this render:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/fun-with-kit-bashing/2893792/?p

Ah! Ok, that's actually really cool too. All this development is making me feel really happy about Poser's future!

HKHan99 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 6:19 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 6:09PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361812

All of the old, outdated content will be removed from Poser to make room for quality, updated content like this. The old content will be placed on an online file server for those who might wish to download and install it from zip files.

I think this is an excellent move. Being new to Poser, I've wasted a lot of time and had a lot of frustration trying to sort out what works with which figure, etc.

I do hope, however, that there really will be a replacement base of quality content, and that Poser won't just adopt the Daz Studio model requiring endless investment in accessories. Obviously Poser isn't going to provide everything anyone could ever want in the base package, but it should be capable of a fair range of things right out of the box. Making La Femme a flagship figure with zero clothing was a bad move, IMO, and I hope it won't be the case with the new figures.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 7:24 PM

HKHan99 posted at 8:22PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361822

I think this is an excellent move. Being new to Poser, I've wasted a lot of time and had a lot of frustration trying to sort out what works with which figure, etc.

I do hope, however, that there really will be a replacement base of quality content, and that Poser won't just adopt the Daz Studio model requiring endless investment in accessories. Obviously Poser isn't going to provide everything anyone could ever want in the base package, but it should be capable of a fair range of things right out of the box. Making La Femme a flagship figure with zero clothing was a bad move, IMO, and I hope it won't be the case with the new figures.

I don't think so. La Femme was a brand new figure and she received a lot of support in a short amount of time. Plus, Renderosity wanted to sell content that was related to her.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 7:30 PM

EClark1894 posted at 7:26PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361838

HKHan99 posted at 8:22PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361822

I don't think so. La Femme was a brand new figure and she received a lot of support in a short amount of time. Plus, Renderosity wanted to sell content that was related to her.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say- that Renderosity WILL pursue the Daz model because of the way that La Femme was handled? What do you mean by "a lot of support"? When you buy Poser 11 now, you get the figure and one character morph, but there's no dedicated clothing in the package and only hair room hair, without even a skull cap. That's the kind of 'support' I hope doesn't happen with the new figs.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 9:43 PM
Online Now!

Agree that a set of basics should be included, like Poser has always had for their figures. Some clothing, hair, etc. You should be able to use Poser without buying anything more.

The Dawn and Dusk bundles that will be included with Poser will have some hair and clothes.

I wonder what this means for La Femme. Two flagship Poser figures? Or does this mean Hivewire is about to release Dawn and Dusk 2.0, and only the older versions will be included in Poser.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 10:05 PM
Online Now!

From Chris at Hivewire:

We are excited for this move with our core content.

Funny and a bit strange that it's taken so long for this to happen. I remember early in 2013 when we had Dawn well underway having a call with Steve Cooper P.M. of Poser at the time. I suggested that Dawn and her male counterpart to be (we didn't have a name for him at the time) be included in the next version of Poser. Cooper was very polite about it but declined the offer due to the idea that there was already too much content in Poser and it would just be too much. A year or two later Paul and I went out to visit with Smith Micro in Santa Cruz and we productively talked about a number of things with the current P.M. Steve Yatson and company, but once again Dawn was overlooked for inclusion. Lisa and I have had several discussions since with the powers that be at Smith Micro after Cooper and Yatson and we couldn't advance the content conversation very far.

But lately Lisa and I have been chatting with those at Renderosity that have seen the value of our figures and animals first hand, and they invited us to participate in the next Poser Pro 11.2 release and include a robust content offering.

We will have the ability to advertise our HiveWire branded content, and the Poser customer with be able to see additional HiveWire products and visit our store from the Poser app.

So, pretty cool folks. This will be a solid collaborative effort between us and Renderosity. We've had years of experience working well with Jenn and Tommy and look forward to many more years to come, with more future possibilities as well.

In the end the Poser users will be the big winners here, with a wider variety of figure and animal content at their fingertips.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 10:09 PM

randym77 posted at 11:07PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361855

Agree that a set of basics should be included, like Poser has always had for their figures. Some clothing, hair, etc. You should be able to use Poser without buying anything more.

The Dawn and Dusk bundles that will be included with Poser will have some hair and clothes.

I wonder what this means for La Femme. Two flagship Poser figures? Or does this mean Hivewire is about to release Dawn and Dusk 2.0, and only the older versions will be included in Poser.

I think it's just better for all Poser users, vendors and Renderosity.

There's no rule that we can only use ONE figure, and that's what landed us where we are today. Relying on the DAZ figures led to complete stagnation for Poser users.

I am glad to see Renderosity does not intend to perpetuate that mistake.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 12:37 AM

randym77 posted at 1:34AM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361855

Oh Dawn and Dusk 2.0 (and if they decide to do a Baby Luna 2.0) are a looooong way off. Dawn 2.0 is in development, but I wouldn't expect to see her at the very least another month or two, possibly not until the end of the year. Dusk 2.0 hasn't even begun, so I wouldn't think they'd appear any time before Poser 12 comes out, or even then.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 7:40 AM
Online Now!

Miss B posted at 7:39AM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361868

Oh Dawn and Dusk 2.0 (and if they decide to do a Baby Luna 2.0) are a looooong way off. Dawn 2.0 is in development, but I wouldn't expect to see her at the very least another month or two, possibly not until the end of the year. Dusk 2.0 hasn't even begun, so I wouldn't think they'd appear any time before Poser 12 comes out, or even then.

Thanks for the info!

Though now I'm wondering if I should buy Dawn 2.0 when she's released, or wait and see if she's eventually included in Poser...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 8:14 AM ยท edited Sat, 14 September 2019 at 8:15 AM

For those wanting new content (and I also agree that a lot of content that would come in Poser with previous versions is way too outdated and low-quality for what is possible today), I'll just make a little comment:

A little birdie (called "my new runtime") told me we get around 8gb worth of newer content, including hair expression poses and clothing for La Femme โค lots of gorgeous backgrounds/scene assets too.

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 8:29 AM

randym77 posted at 3:28PM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361887

Thanks for the info!

Though now I'm wondering if I should buy Dawn 2.0 when she's released, or wait and see if she's eventually included in Poser...

Buy 2.0.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 8:34 AM

randym77 posted at 9:33AM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361887

Thanks for the info!

One would hope you would support Hivewire financially so that development can continue.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 1:17 PM
Online Now!

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 1:17PM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361888

For those wanting new content (and I also agree that a lot of content that would come in Poser with previous versions is way too outdated and low-quality for what is possible today), I'll just make a little comment:

A little birdie (called "my new runtime") told me we get around 8gb worth of newer content, including hair expression poses and clothing for La Femme โค lots of gorgeous backgrounds/scene assets too.

That's great news!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 1:18 PM
Online Now!

Glitterati3D posted at 1:17PM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361894

One would hope you would support Hivewire financially so that development can continue.

Sure, but I could support them financially by buying other things, that aren't included free in Poser.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 3:04 PM

I'm looking forward to the new content in PP 11.2. What they've listed as being included is awesome. I started playing with my 2014 download of the base version of Dusk the other day and can't wait to use the SE version and additional content for him. I've already placed Dusk add-ons in my Wishlist on Hivewire.

I'm currently creating a variety of poses for Dusk and have 20 set up so far. Will need to see if they work with Dusk SE once PP 11.2 is released.

Can hardly wait until next week!

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2019 at 3:11 PM

randym77 posted at 4:10PM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361909

Glitterati3D posted at 1:17PM Sat, 14 September 2019 - #4361894

Sure, but I could support them financially by buying other things, that aren't included free in Poser.

Very true, and I'm hoping 3rd party vendors who've created content for the HiveWire family of figures continue to do so.

Butterfly Dezignz

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 5:20 AM

We will have the ability to advertise our HiveWire branded content, and the Poser customer with be able to see additional HiveWire products and visit our store from the Poser app.

Exclusive RMP ,vendors not currently selling at HW, should consider supporting Dawn& Dusk and becoming Hivewire merchants as well as there will now be a direct link to the HW store in the Poser app.

My website

YouTube Channel

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 6:35 AM

Wow! I got here late... this is cool!!!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 10:00 AM ยท edited Sun, 15 September 2019 at 10:01 AM

wolf359 posted at 10:54AM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361944

Exclusive RMP ,vendors not currently selling at HW, should consider supporting Dawn& Dusk and becoming Hivewire merchants as well as there will now be a direct link to the HW store in the Poser app.

FWIW, The Poser Content Directory has a direct link to Hivewire AND Renderosity, plus viewers can click on your vendor name for a direct link to your store. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 12:06 PM
Online Now!

Finally!

Repeat after me:

Vicky who?

This is really exciting.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 1:25 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 1:17PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361888

Ah, good! That's what I wanted to hear. Now if I could just figure out how to set up the kind of NPR renders I want in Poser, I'd be a happy camper.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 2:15 PM

wolf359 posted at 3:15PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361944

I'm pretty sure the link will go to Hivewire's Renderosity store.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 3:17 PM

rokket posted at 4:16PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361949

Well, welcome to the party Rokket! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 9:06 PM

rokket posted at 6:58PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361949

rokket!! Where you been? Where you been?

I can't believe I held back to let the staff make the announcement and got trumped...err beaten to the punch by the Penguin! So can we expect an explosion of new content? I think I read a post where a DS user asked, "Where does that leave us?" I never understood that. DS has always had the ability to use Poser content not the other way around.

Oh and well done, Penguin. Excitement is contagious, isn't it?

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 9:16 PM
Online Now!

quietrob posted at 9:15PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4362035

I think I read a post where a DS user asked, "Where does that leave us?" I never understood that. DS has always had the ability to use Poser content not the other way around.

I think they meant that if Poser users were getting Dawn and Dusk free, they felt DS users should, too.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 11:43 PM

randym77 posted at 9:36PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4362037

I think I read a post where a DS user asked, "Where does that leave us?" I never understood that. DS has always had the ability to use Poser content not the other way around.

I think they meant that if Poser users were getting Dawn and Dusk free, they felt DS users should, too.

There are so many mean things to say but I like to take the high road when possible. I'm afraid I just don't see that logic but no worries, no wars. Join us! You will be welcome.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:22 AM

quietrob posted at 9:19AM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362055

There are so many mean things to say but I like to take the high road when possible. I'm afraid I just don't see that logic but no worries, no wars. Join us! You will be welcome.

That's a deal between Hivewire and Renderosity. But if they want to petition DAZ to have the same deal with Hivewire, I believe Chris and Lisa might go for it. I don't think DAZ will, though.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:33 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:36 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 9:31AM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4361988

wolf359 posted at 3:15PM Sun, 15 September 2019 - #4361944

I'm pretty sure the link will go to Hivewire's Renderosity store.

Clearly, I am wrong here. They will link to the Hivewire store. And, it says a lot about both stores that they are putting the customer and Poser first and truly supporting each other as complimentary products.

Kudos to Renerosity and Hivewire.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:50 AM

quietrob posted at 6:44AM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362035

I can't believe I held back to let the staff make the announcement and got trumped...err beaten to the punch by the Penguin!

You can thank Hivewire for that... I found it in my mailbox.

For the most part, you can, and easily; I have a couple hundred GB of Poser-specific stuff that I can and do use in DS when I feel the desire to. There are exceptions here and there, mostly with stuff made to exclusively utilize Poser 11 (mostly scaling issues), and Ero's PE doesn't work so hot in DS, because he really digs into Poser-specific features (he's likely the only one who gets that far into that app's capabilities, truth be told). That said, Hivewire has always been pretty good about compatibility.

Oh and well done, Penguin. Excitement is contagious, isn't it?

I'm mostly happy for Chris and his crew. He's worked his ass off over the years to make and keep HW as a going concern, and it's good to see things going his way.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:53 AM

EClark1894 posted at 6:51AM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362089

That's a deal between Hivewire and Renderosity. But if they want to petition DAZ to have the same deal with Hivewire, I believe Chris and Lisa might go for it. I don't think DAZ will, though.

No, they probably won't:

https://community.hivewire3d.com/threads/official-announcement-daz-terminates-agreement-to-publish-hivewire-3d-animals.2188/

This announcement was over 2 years ago.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 1:48 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2019 at 1:48 PM

I remember that notice. It really electrified the community before the party of the second part killed the deal. As a poser user, it would've made visiting their site more enjoyable rather than being teased by something I can't use without jumping through hoops. For instance i13 had a casino offered. An entire freakin' casino! I wanted that casino but the conversion isn't always 100 percent and there is something disheartening about missing textures or obj's that for one reason or another just wouldn't import into Poser. Still, a pity that a company would leave cash on the barrel. They make some great stuff over there and the most of their community (people like Richard Hazeltine and WandW) are very kind and helpful to the other camp. Their Vendors and creators are simply superb but I think Poserdom generally wants compatibility straight out of the box. Geez, it's been over two years? Time to look forward not back.

Oh, and I ended up buying something here instead. Hmmm, so the cash wasn't left on the barrel after all, was it?

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 2:52 PM
Online Now!

EClark1894 posted at 2:51PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362089

That was pretty much the reply. They'd be open to it if DAZ was, but DAZ wouldn't be.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:55 PM
Online Now!

rokket posted at 3:50PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362095

No, they probably won't:

https://community.hivewire3d.com/threads/official-announcement-daz-terminates-agreement-to-publish-hivewire-3d-animals.2188/

This announcement was over 2 years ago.

I had almost forgotten about that. Poor Hivewire put in a ton of work, updating their products for DAZ, and recreating the promo renders to remove their name, since that was part of the deal.

The interesting thing about the original announcement (to me, anyway) was that Chris said DAZ was planning to increase the number of Poser products at their store, and the animals would be part of that.

The HW animals were not long for DAZ, of course, but I wonder if they really did try to increase the number of Poser products. I don't visit DAZ often, so I haven't a clue.

I wonder if they might try again to get more Poser customers, with Poser getting some new life now.

movida ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:57 PM

I think this is a really good move also ... I suspect a certain "other company" is getting...well...concerned? LMAO

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 9:03 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2019 at 9:06 PM

randym77 posted at 6:52PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362178

I wonder if they might try again to get more Poser customers, with Poser getting some new life now.

Perhaps... but likely as an opportunity thing rather than as any sort of vision/mission statement.

I don't blame HW for doing it. Poser needs a lot of solid content, HW has a lot of solid content, and banking one's business future on one application is, well, dumb... the move makes perfect sense. Rendo can only buy-up so much mesh to stuff into Poser, so the alliance makes even more sense in that light.

As far as all the posts saying DAZ is doomed, etc... well, not really. They'll both be around for a very long time, slowly diverging. I figure I can script my way to keep a bridge going for as long as I feel like putting in the effort, or at worst, slowly porting the whole mountain of crap I own into some third-party application someday like wolf359 did (I think?). Vicky is 100x as versatile nowadays as the old gal was in 2001, and I fully expect its evolution to march unabated. I also find myself falling in love with a lot of figures that have been around my drives for eons - thanks to SubD, rigging mods, and collision/autofit, I can resurrect old figures and make them do things they never could do in DS 1.0 or Poser 6... (and in a month or so -- once I'm certain the whole transition form SM -> Rendo is sufficiently complete, I'll see what Poser 11 can do.)

Consider that I (or you!) can open and read an .obj file with just the binaries found natively in either MacOS or Windows 10 now? Not really worried in the long run.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 9:25 PM
Online Now!

Eh, I've never said DAZ is doomed.

What I do think is that not everyone wants photoreal renders, and that the growth among more casual users might be with toon/illustration type stuff. In particular...I've noticed a lot of people use MMD with DS and Poser. There's just a ridiculous amount of free animations for MMD, so I can definitely see the appeal.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 6:10 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 6:12 AM

I can script my way to keep a bridge going for as long as I feel

like putting in the effort, or at worst, slowly porting the whole

mountain of crap I own into some third-party application

someday like wolf359 did (I think?).

I model My own clothing and props and custom morphs.

For me the only thing that matters is the ability to export my Daz figure content to the CG industry standard formats that my pro applications,( Maxon C4D & Lightwave3D ) can import.

Iclone pro does this via BVH for motion Data and Alembic &

Daz studio Does the same via FBX.obj and MDD.

Neither Daz studio nor Iclone are suitable final render output environments as large/complex scene management and professional compositing output options are mission impossible from those programs for my needs at least.

I think this is a really good move also ... I suspect a certain

"other company" is getting...well...concerned? LMAO

Honestly lets not start that tired old trope in this thread.

This is good news for existing poser users as bondware has made it clear that their plan for saving poser is partnering with third parties who have the experience and expertise like Hivewire seems to have.

This, however is a non event for the average Daz studio user who is tied in to the Daz genesis content eco system where everything is delivered ready to use in their free base program and the 50%+ discount sales are perpetual.

Dawn and Dusk are not new figures and certainly are not an incentive for the DS user to run over and $$buy Poser$$ to get them free any more so than Lafemme was such an incentive.

Bondware partnered with Reallusion to sell the Iclone product line here in the RMP.

And and Hivewire Partnered with Reallusion to support theHivewire figures natively in the new Character creator 3 program for Iclone that now has the IRay render engine and Character animation tools comparable to Autodesk Motionbuilder.

Was there a Mass exodus of Poser or Daz users flocking over to $$buy Iclone$$ and CC3??.

well the Iclone CC3 forum here has not had a new post in over 90 days so I would Guess..not really.

And Daz the Company is still trying to convince the professional Autodesk users to adopt thier Genesis figures with yet another Genesis to Maya plugin that will likely be largely ignored by the CG professionals who use custom assets for every TV and Movie production

So yes,.. a labor/investment free win for Bondware and a great marketing opportunity for Hivewire but certainly not a major paradigm shift in this limited hobbiest /tinkerer,still render market.

My website

YouTube Channel

movida ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 6:56 AM

wolf359 posted at 6:54AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362257

I think this is a really good move also ... I suspect a certain

"other company" is getting...well...concerned? LMAO

Honestly lets not start that tired old trope in this thread.

This is good news for existing poser users as bondware has made it clear that their plan for saving poser is partnering with third parties who have the experience and expertise like Hivewire seems to have.

This, however is a non event for the average Daz studio user who is tied in to the Daz genesis content eco system where everything is delivered ready to use in their free base program and the 50%+ discount sales are perpetual.

Dawn and Dusk are not new figures and certainly are not an incentive for the DS user to run over and $$buy Poser$$ to get them free any more so than Lafemme was such an incentive.

Bondware partnered with Reallusion to sell the Iclone product line here in the RMP.

And and Hivewire Partnered with Reallusion to support theHivewire figures natively in the new Character creator 3 program for Iclone that now has the IRay render engine and Character animation tools comparable to Autodesk Motionbuilder.

Was there a Mass exodus of Poser or Daz users flocking over to $$buy Iclone$$ and CC3??.

well the Iclone CC3 forum here has not had a new post in over 90 days so I would Guess..not really.

And Daz the Company is still trying to convince the professional Autodesk users to adopt thier Genesis figures with yet another Genesis to Maya plugin that will likely be largely ignored by the CG professionals who use custom assets for every TV and Movie production

So yes,.. a labor/investment free win for Bondware and a great marketing opportunity for Hivewire but certainly not a major paradigm shift in this limited hobbiest /tinkerer,still render market.

...and on and on blah blah blah

Did I say anything about the average DAZ user? Don't come after me because I had the audacity to joke about a long standing ridiculous situation.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:00 AM

The DAZ V Poser thing is old and worn out, and I am getting tired of seeing it brought up time and time again myself. We need to let sleeping dogs lie and just enjoy the moment. Poser is getting a pretty cool update by a company that finally will show it the respect it deserves. We should let that sink in and let the rest of the 3D world keep spinning while we do...

movida ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:09 AM

rokket posted at 7:08AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362261

The DAZ V Poser thing is old and worn out, and I am getting tired of seeing it brought up time and time again myself. We need to let sleeping dogs lie and just enjoy the moment. Poser is getting a pretty cool update by a company that finally will show it the respect it deserves. We should let that sink in and let the rest of the 3D world keep spinning while we do...

I'm tired of bloviating self aggrandizing posts and lunchroom monitors. I just ignore it and keep on going.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:07 AM

movida posted at 10:06AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362263

rokket posted at 7:08AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362261

I'm tired of bloviating self aggrandizing posts and lunchroom monitors. I just ignore it and keep on going.

As this release rolls out, the concern trolls will become more and more active.

Let's just enjoy Poser's update and let them concern themselves into everyone's ignore list.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:23 AM

Poser versus Daz yet again ... In years gone by it was Windows versus Mac. And we got very sick of that too.

Each program has its own loyal following. Let's enjoy what we're being given.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:46 PM

Hopefully the male figures will receive a bit more attention than their predecessors. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I haven't exactly been spoiled for choice when it comes to assets for the men.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 10:02 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 8:01PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362275

Poser versus Daz yet again ... In years gone by it was Windows versus Mac.

EMACS versus VI

(VI rules, while EMACS drools.)

...what?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.