Wed, Sep 4, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Setup Room issue with auto rigging a body suit I made for La'Femme

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2020 at 6:18 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 2:16 AM

Hi,

Watched the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYd7EJwjCS4 Followed the tutorial to the letter but upon exiting the room and going back to the Pose room I got an error message, can't remember what it said but apparently it was telling me it didn't work. While the suit is no longer a prop but a conformer the bones are not functioning along with La'Femme's so I'm sort of lost here.

Yes, the suit is conformed to La'Femme an all the right check boxes are checked off in the Parameters tab as instructed in the video tutorial. I posted a question at the video's link but they told me to post here and they would send help.

HELP! LOL

Thank you Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 11:06 AM

@RAMWolff The first problem that may be your issue that comes to mind, did you pregroup your figure with the correct figure groups to match the "Bones" in the rig? If you didn;t do this ahead of time in one of the grouping tool applications (or your modeler if it can do it) you probably received a "some vertices not grouped to a bone" or some such error. The groups in the conforming figure MUST match those in the figure it's conforming to.

In the video Chuck said not to use the auto grouping tool, I subscribe to this especially for content for sale. Hand grouping in a tool like UVMapper gives cleaner group lines. However if this is your first attempt to make conforming clothing go ahead and take your clothing back into the Set Up room and repeat the process but check the Auto Group box.

If this doesn't fix your problem you should at least get a chance to see the error message again and note down what it says.If this happenspost the error message and we can then try to help you again.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 11:15 AM

Hmm, my groupings are done from ZBrush, they are poly groups that I then named as Surface groups so folks can use those to make the suit into various bits of clothing. I know the Surface groups are separate from the Body groups but ZBrush doesn't know how to make body groups, only poly groups that become the body groups for rigging. In DAZ Studio the Auto rigging module I'm used to using does all that background work for me without loosing my Surface groups. Now that I'm working with La'Femme / L'Homme I'm not aware of how to assign groups to a clothing figure. I don't use UVMapper but instead use Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro. It's like UVMapper on steroids!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 11:26 AM

OK, ran it again. The Auto Group worked fine! KEWL!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 11:34 AM

OK, I have a question. I transfered the morphs, including L'Homme to the Catsuit. While the morph works the suit is fraught with issues. Like it needs to be smoothed out a bit and there are poke throughs. The poke throughs are resolvable using the Morphing tool but the jaggy issues with the suit in the L'Homme shape, not sure how to resolve those!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 12:01 PM

You normally get the jaggy issue on high poly clothing. The closer you can match the source figure the lesser the jaggyness usually gets. When this apears you'll have to go in and smoth them out in the weight maps. pretty easy to do. Works the same as the morphing tool.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 12:20 PM

Hmmmm, wrong word. I see that taking this into ZBrush seems to have revealed some issues. The "jaggyness" I'm seeing isn't that at all, the suit is following the flow of the poly's so around the neck it's following the Carotid artery shape, which I don't want. The briefs are now all wavy gravy, not what I want. I can fix that in ZBrush, I think, but upon more inspection I see the gloves are showing unwelded areas between the fingers. I know my Catsuit is welded properly as I always do that in ZBrush so not sure what happened when I made it into a conformer in the Setup Room. If I re-weld these areas in ZBrush I'm afraid the suit won't go back to Poser via GoZ as a conformer but as a Prop so that's no good. In Poser the fingers look fine from what I can see. So not sure how to resolve that as I want to get the suit looking smoother in shape of making sure the Surface zones are looking more of what I expect them to look and not following the L'Homme's poly flow.

Perhaps the authors of L'Homme's shape might have taken care to make sure areas like that were a bit less wavy gravy in case folks wanted to make 2nd skins or conforming suits like this??

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 7:40 AM

Wolff this is the problem with using auto grouping and why most people prefer to group by hand in a program set up for it. places like gloves (fingers) the groups are so close that the autogrouping program in Poser some time gets confused and assigns some polys to the wrong group which causes it to look unwelded and create issues since those polys are trying to "follow" the wrong "bones". You CAN try to fix this with Posers internal grouping tool (You should read the documentation on this in the Poser manual). That should help with the gloves issues.

As for the wavy areas as ghost man said you have 2 options to try, use the weight mapping tool to smooth the weight maps in those areas. Or use the morphing tool to try to smooth the area with a morph. A combination of these two tools Should help with this issues. If not please send a couple of screen grabs, preferably on with a simple colored texture and the ground plane turned off, also if you could select the group with the waviness and open the weight mapping tools, in the tools select one of the operateions "exam: Bend, Twist, etc) so we can get an idea of where your weight mapping stands it would help a lot in trouble shooting.

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 7:42 AM

P.S. sorry to reply so late but for some reason I'm not receiving alerts for this thread, I'll try and check it more often.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 9:24 AM

Thank you for the help!

I recreated the suit as what I found also that the ZBrush ZRemesher tool was updated. This is an older suit I made for Dusk a while back. I refitted it to La'Femme and then didn't like how the flow was on her so ZRemesh'ed the whole thing and their update, for some unknown reason, no longer looked at making things symmetrical throughout the suit but then I noticed there was a button next to the main button that was like Legacy 2018... clicked that and then remeshed and low and behold my suit was perfect on either side and then created concentric circles for the breasts / pecs using the ZRemeshers companion brush to instruct the remesher to remesh in the way's I wanted it too, also did that for the collar, around the waist and thighs.

Now I'm back to figuring out how to unfold the thing for nice UV's for easy texturing with shaders. But that will be another day of work there. Not sure if there is a way to tell Poser not to pull the suit up into the nearest poly's of the figure but I've a feeling that upon looking over the L'Homme shape the poly's are pulled into a wavy order while La'Femme's are most straight and curving more naturally around as they should be. When ever I've created full body morphs for ANY figure I've taught myself to always make sure the poly's are still lined up nicely esp in areas where 2nd skins would play nicely, same for conforming clothing items. The wavier the poly's are in the morph the more messed up the the conforming clothing will be when using the new FBM.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 11:36 AM

Easiest would be for you since you are well versed in zb already is to do the UV there. What i do is to create a copy of yr already made suit and then regoup it the way you want to have the uv groups and then do a uv by groups. Then just copy the uv from that and paste on to yr original suit. This is a pretty straigh forward thing in zb and is extreemly fast to do.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 11:54 AM

Is there a tutorial on how to do that? I've always heard that a UV layout can be copied from one thing to another but I could never master that.

Thanks Ghost!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 11:56 AM

Actually no need for a tut in this case. When you've done yr uv with uv master then in the same tab you just click Copy UV. Then load yr original mesh and have that selected and then click Paste UV and yr done. Easy peasy. ;)

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:12 PM

OH, cool. But the mesh needs to be identical, right? With my remeshed mesh the poly count is completely different!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:13 PM

Yes you'll have to use a copy of the mesh you want to uv map. It's the usual thing. No vertice change

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:15 PM

OK. I know enough about ZBrush to make morphs and basic clothing and shoes but in depth stuff I'm very much an old newbie in using all that it can do! Too much to learn for my old brain!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:17 PM

I'm sure you'll fix this. ;)

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:27 PM

Well regardless of what I've tried to get the suit split evenly (front and back split) it's not doing a very good job. I think because I have the booties and gloves as part of it ZBrush doesn't know what to do. The gloves remeshed well enough but the finger tips are quite poly heavy so I don't see a way to make a clean cut. The booties are not so much of an issue but yea, the gloves are something I may have to make a separate conformer to get this to cooperate!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 12:29 PM

I have a suit for LaFemme in my freebie section here on rendo. That one is all made in zb if you want to check it out.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 8:10 PM

Thank you. I think I got that but haven't looked it over yet. I did notice your sunglasses pack for V4. Considering making fits for La'Femme and L'Homme? That would be very nice! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 12:55 AM

RAMWolff posted at 6:54AM Sat, 14 March 2020 - #4383495

Thank you. I think I got that but haven't looked it over yet. I did notice your sunglasses pack for V4. Considering making fits for La'Femme and L'Homme? That would be very nice! 😁

No plans in making fits right now. They are easily enough to position as they are.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 9:11 AM

I ended up making separate gloves and boots and cutting off them from the main Catsuit and all unfolded fine now. YAY!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 9:38 AM

RAMWolff posted at 3:38PM Sat, 14 March 2020 - #4383528

I ended up making separate gloves and boots and cutting off them from the main Catsuit and all unfolded fine now. YAY!

Sweeet. 😁

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 7:44 PM

😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.