Wed, Sep 18, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Trying to create a shiny reflective object shader

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 3:59 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

BUT not having much luck. I know there is a reflect node. Honestly, I don't like it very much. I've tried just about every numerical input to get it to work the way I want it to but it's just not up to snuff or I just don't understand the physics of what it's doing in the scene. So looking for alternatives to see if I like those better. Any help here?

Thanks so much!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 4:57 PM

Firefly or Superfly?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 6:00 PM

Basic Firefly Reflect. For shiny objects like a mirror, would need a strong specular, perhaps values over 1. Fast and dirty render but you get the idea...

Render 1.png

2020-07-28.png

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2020 at 2:23 AM · edited Wed, 29 July 2020 at 2:32 AM

SF with physical surface node, metal = 1, roughness 0.01 (adjust to suit).

When rendering reflective surfaces the surrounding lighting and environment will have a big impact on how well it looks, often people use a dedicated reflection map to control the appearance. I don't have an example but if you're having difficulty getting the result you want this is something to consider

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.