Sun, Aug 4, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: G8F expressions to G8.1F

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 11:48 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:11 AM

After converting one of my characters to Genesis 8.1 Female i have to say i regret wasting my time. the "new" facial rig, which from what i can tell is just some morphs in "expressions 8.1" are no where near as good as the results i would have got from the older expressions and expressions that i bought for G8F that now don't work.

Having expressions that i bought was annoying, but i thought lets just see what i can do with the new expressions, and here's where i ran into an issue,

all i wanted was an open mouth wide smile with the teeth closed but lips parted, But there's NO open mouth morph....??? the Visemes dont do what i want, and there are no other expressions to adjust it to what i want, there is only one smile morph, pretty useless, and no way except for shaping to alter the mouth, which is pointless, why should i be shaping the face when i want to pose it?

For now i think im going to have to ditch G8.1F as there seam to be no benefits if i can't even produce expressions that i want, where as i can with G8F and all of the previous figures in my daz stable. i see no point in using G8.1F due to this backward step.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 12:28 PM

Google this

How to make G8F expressions work with G8.1F - HART'S3D

I have not tried it yet but there seems to be a workaround.

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 4:50 PM
SpookieLilOne posted at 12:28 PM Mon, 1 November 2021 - #4429689

Google this

How to make G8F expressions work with G8.1F - HART'S3D

I have not tried it yet but there seems to be a workaround.

Thanks, i will give this a try, but having a dumbed down G8.1F that has basic face morphs makes this version of genesis a step backward for me.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.