Mon, Jul 8, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: Lighting in Superly (Poser 11)

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 4:05 PM

Cheetara will be easy. I made her with PE...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 5:21 PM

I did an exhaustive search for the hair shaders and didn't find anything that was downloadable, which means that the Material Room setup was posted in a forum thread that has completely disappeared into the archives.  I will post images of what I have in my Library later tonight.  It should do the job right out the box, all Superfly.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 6:51 PM

Ok, then. I will look out for it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 9:41 PM · edited Tue, 26 July 2022 at 9:41 PM

As I recall, I grouped together the 2 compound nodes to clean up the workspace and arrange the nodes better.  I used the Cycles image texture nodes but the regular Poser nodes work fine, I strictly kept it as a Cycles arrangement.  

5aHQvRfvz9pf4eoKSWxjkga2Xj9WuOvVUMcCaRrQ.png

Below is the node arrangement for the 1st compound node called 'Compound'.  It's basically a 'container' for all the MixClosure nodes connected directly to the CyclesSurface node.  I manually renamed many of the connectors for identification purposes.  

ScVeGD6XpgXyR1Qj6xf1PQ5lhqKkrkVt6GpkVoDB.png

The 2nd compound node is called 'Anisotropic/Tangent', a container node for the AnisotropicBsdf and Tangent nodes and all their connections.  Again, I used the same terminology to identify each connector for easier access.  

SoXu6llWSFBpZjIOgfChTgnyLPo4h6GhxV9QU4LW.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 9:50 PM

I just noticed that the Bump Normal is not connected to the TranslucentBsdf Normal, that should be corrected.  Upon looking over this shader, there is a connection that I have a problem with.  The TranslucentBsdf should be connected to an AddClosure node but in this setup, that node is connected to a MixClosure node.  I need to examine this closely and, perhaps, tweak this a little.

Let me know what you think and if it will be useful for you.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 9:57 PM

So you are using the textures and trans maps from the hairs original shader?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 10:25 PM

Yes, all the original texture.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 11:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Using the shader in P12 with Powerage RebelEncore hair, Superfly.  HDR lighting although I needed to raise the exposure and denoise in PostFX.  The hair on the left has the shader illustrated above, and the hair on the right was the shader TranslucentBsdf node connected to an AddClosure node instead of a MixClosure node.  To my eyes, the right hair piece appears more translucent than the left. 

Q57CIfA0uIrfBCXV9DNryWkAqwQIeULmb7LzmohM.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2022 at 9:19 PM

I have to look a bit closer, but I just got off work (12 hour shift) and I am exhausted. I will have a look later on. But right now, my eyes are tired and I can't tell a difference. Yet.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2022 at 9:35 PM

Hello Rokket.

Hey, do you remember that render contest that monkeycloud put together "renaissance and revolution" that you, I, ghostman, and biscuits, and someone else (I forget his name, English guy) were in all those years ago? I think you won with your printing press model.

Was just thinking about that and laughing at that godawful super high poly model I submitted... was just curious if you remember...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2022 at 10:04 PM

I remember that now that you bring it up. I think I won a V4 hair prop from that (that I still use).  My modeling skills have improved a little since then. I am mostly still making superhero costumes, but I have made Rey from Star Wars outfit, and a few other things. And I seem to remember you went by a different username at some point...

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2022 at 10:37 PM

"And I seem to remember you went by a different username at some point..."

More than one point lol.

Let me know if you ever want to collab on something. I'm pretty decent with morphs, dials, conformer crosstalk stuff, texture painting. Whatever. I've been making some stuff lately that I'm keeping to myself for the moment. Could be interesting. PM if you ever get the notion. I don't want to derail your thread with jabber.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2022 at 9:47 PM

Jabber is fine. I remember the days when the threads I started would go 300+ pages on forum default. And most of it was just me and one other person...

I would love to collaborate. I used to do it with music, but I haven't done much beyond being a beta tester with 3D. It might be interesting.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 1:48 PM · edited Sun, 31 July 2022 at 1:48 PM

He's coming along. The suit will be in layers. This is the first layer. Then there is a chest plate that goes over it, his boots, and then the bracers. I am toying with the idea of making his claw shield out of metal. I've seen a couple different versions of it...

67QhBkP6O5zc4klbvjm5qgy1vzND3kwAUil4N2Wq.png

KTVclTUvpkaTN4bBN8kNGFdR20S7qb4aFQeNG8C0.png

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 1:50 PM

The cat shape in the back was on purpose...

And I just noticed that the texture on his forearms isn't lined up correctly. Jeez, I hate messing with that.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 4:40 PM

Oh man, you are going to get so much ribbing on that cat-shaped poop-chute.  Very nice work, BTW.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 6:24 PM

I can take it!

Thank you.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 6:55 PM · edited Sun, 31 July 2022 at 6:55 PM

The chest plate. I may redo it. I am not really happy with it.

4rIHlIHJWAe3p7PZZqeKABWZaafigwps5mIOLRQY.png

zuu22lcvlnGQvKzHIZUvL8naN4loppkqrkYXWvpB.png

I took the specular out of the back drop. Like I said, I will probably redo it. But it's there for now.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 7:49 PM

I like where you're going with this.  Will you introduce more armor to this concept or will the chest piece be a decorative adornment to the present outfit?  

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2022 at 8:13 PM

There will be thigh guards and he does wear boots, which I will armor also. He does carry the claw shield, and I am pondering bracers.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2022 at 11:21 PM · edited Mon, 01 August 2022 at 11:21 PM

Rs9PeSbKtvO0G8Lrkn4nJKDUVBpq5D7RNkM1kfgs.png

4hCtLTQ0rNmsYUkBEo9L5XUE2Ffe4XIIlSYgXXoe.png

Better...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 12:35 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 12:35 PM

The claw shield is done, but I think I have to rework the scale of the dagger. The handle seems a bit too long. The dagger of course turns into the Sword of Omens when he utters those famous words...

UEkyjFlavff0UlHsVD9qimhz9bLotCspOOvE0MwB.png

Right now, it's parented to his forearm. I have trouble rigging things to M4 and V4, and doing a cloth sim destroys the model...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 12:38 PM

I am going to add the fingers to the claw shield later on. I am thinking of going a different direction with it, so that means a complete remodel.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 6:13 PM

Here is the new claw shield.

I am going to make the boots next. I already made the Sword Of Omens.

oyKzA2upACaxokN8z9rtS8QhhDYG8KZKW106T7AF.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 6:15 PM
primorge posted at 10:37 PM Wed, 27 July 2022 - #4441955

"And I seem to remember you went by a different username at some point..."

More than one point lol.

Let me know if you ever want to collab on something. I'm pretty decent with morphs, dials, conformer crosstalk stuff, texture painting. Whatever. I've been making some stuff lately that I'm keeping to myself for the moment. Could be interesting. PM if you ever get the notion. I don't want to derail your thread with jabber.

Wanna rig my Claw Shield for M4?

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 6:53 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 6:55 PM

"Wanna rig my claw sheild for M4."

Well, I'm pretty busy finishing up that mask. Plus work, life stuff. And other unfinished Poser things.

I have a few counter questions;

Is the geometry modeled around a morph shape? That is, did you model this around the base M4 shape, and then have a morph in the claw shield to match the morph shape in m4... as you probably should have. Or did you model it around the morph? That would be something you'd seriously need to consider about the entire outfit. For the claw shield it might not make much of a difference. For the rest? Jeez I don't know. Not a typical workflow. Might or might not make a difference. 

I'd need to look at the topology first of all. I hate autogrouping for rigs, it's gross. I'd want to group it manually. Plus you have fingers involved there. There would need to be a few decent polys between each finger that belongs to the hand group. A child can't have more than one parent.

I'd take a look at it, hands are tricky. But I wouldn't want to disappoint you by flaking out on you.

See what I'm saying?

In any case it wouldn't be something that would be done quickly, then again I could be blowing it out of proportion and it would be a snap. Could go either way.

If you still want to send me it I could take a look and do a test donor transfer this weekend, if you're interested.

If it turned out semi ok, corrective morphs wouldn't be terribly difficult.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 7:01 PM

As a side note, jeez gettin' a lotta M4 action lately lol.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 7:58 PM

Yeah, I modeled it around the morph... probably shouldn't have. But I can redo it on the base M4 not problem. My topology on this was "get it done, screw proper topology". But I can model one that keeps proper edge flow in mind.

If I send it to you, it would be a new one, minus the dagger, as I think I want to actually put the Dagger of Omens in there, so I would model the sheath for it, and change the current one I made to match the scale of what is on the current Claw Shield.

I will DM you if I do create the shield again. It's not hard to do, but it takes me awhile to do fingers...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 8:37 PM

Donor rig. Just a quick job. Not bad, after some joint tweaking...

CjBgn7ILD5oeXtfDR4QFCkky2tXhpaHM5nLD6h0Y.png

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 8:56 PM
rokket posted at 8:37 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442213

Donor rig. Just a quick job. Not bad, after some joint tweaking...

CjBgn7ILD5oeXtfDR4QFCkky2tXhpaHM5nLD6h0Y.png

So what do you need me for?

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 8:57 PM

Looks fine dude.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:00 PM

Although I'm seeing, just out of view, underneath, what looks like it could use some corrective morphs on the fingers. Hard to tell.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:07 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:12 PM

You're pretty good at modeling positive and negative piping detail I've noticed. I've only started modeling clothing, just some underwear; bras and panties. And the mask. But I've modeled masks before. Just getting into making conformers. I'm good at morphs and crosstalk morphs though. And JCMs. Sculpting stuff. Weight mapping is easier than I thought actually. I'm liking it. But it's like anything, as far as you take it. And the talent thing obviously. Baby steps and practice.

Just finished the last JCM on the mask. Moving on to the pose controls after work tomorrow. Maybe a couple starter morphs. Then make some images, some demo animations, and write some stuff and it'll be done... for now. Anxious to move on.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:14 PM

I have problems using the V4 and M4 donor rigs when I try to do clothing, especially body suits. When I conform them, the feet don't line up. I guess I got lucky with this one, but 9 times out of 10, there are issues. I've tried all the suggested fixes, magnets and all of that. The result is usually that I end up doing a cloth sim and a butt load of fixes.

The donor rig for this particular model needs a lot of adjustments, but I can get it to work. I just don't like the headaches associated with it.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:20 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:22 PM

KKdRSvfSppAjk1zaC1G8ArzIVtX2gBClPbXq8LwH.png

The topology. Like I said, I just wanted to get it created, and didn't take a lot of time to make sure I had proper edge loops for rigging and animation. I think I got lucky with using M4 donor rig this time.

When I render this, I usually up the subdivision by 1.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:21 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:21 PM

One of my test animations for creasing on one of the bones, back drape 2 side-side... 7yRFewxuouTx4UfkPQ6q2YHax1hnmShQUUmXGs4P.gif

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:22 PM
primorge posted at 9:21 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442223

One of my test animations for creasing on one of the bones, back drape 2 side-side... 7yRFewxuouTx4UfkPQ6q2YHax1hnmShQUUmXGs4P.gif

That actually looks pretty good. I don't think a cloth sim could do it any better.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:23 PM

aJzhwt3ASNTtAS0QMjsQHu3Sd0Hoswh5hSitt94a.png

Sub D level one

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:35 PM
rokket posted at 9:20 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442222

KKdRSvfSppAjk1zaC1G8ArzIVtX2gBClPbXq8LwH.png

The topology. Like I said, I just wanted to get it created, and didn't take a lot of time to make sure I had proper edge loops for rigging and animation. I think I got lucky with using M4 donor rig this time.

That looks pretty good. Very Jack Kirby. Impressive. 

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 9:48 PM

Oh waitaminute, IIRC you dislike King Kirby's work. Meant as a compliment. He's one of my favorites.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 10:03 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2022 at 10:06 PM

primorge posted at 9:48 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442227

Oh waitaminute, IIRC you dislike King Kirby's work. Meant as a compliment. He's one of my favorites.

I don't think I even know who that is...

Jack Kirby?

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 10:12 PM

Google it.

He basically invented the Marvel Universe lol.

Wonder whatever happened to RorrKonn? Remember him? Jesus what a character.

Anyway, time for bed.

Talk next time.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 10:14 PM

primorge posted at 10:12 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442229

Google it.

Wonder whatever happened to RorrKonn? Remember him? Jesus what a character.

Anyway, time for bed.

Talk next time.

Yeah, it's getting late here too. My 56 year old body hates it when I don't get 8 hours.

RorrKonn is still around, he just doesn't post much

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 10:24 PM
primorge posted at 10:12 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442229

I know who Jack Kirby is. I don't dislike him or his work. Actually the opposite. I just didn't see the post where you compared my work to his. Thank you for that.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 6:26 AM

I remember now. Someone started a thread asking how to reproduce the Kirby Krackle in Poser. I don't think I could find that thread, but I don't think I ever said that I didn't like him.  In fact, on my DeviantArt page, my favorite visual artists are listed as such: Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee and Adam Savage.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 6:58 AM · edited Wed, 03 August 2022 at 6:58 AM

I redid the dagger and put the blade back on it, then made it a separate prop. I think I am going to remodel the claw shield. Since I added the blade back onto the dagger, it doesn't sit right in the sheath, and I want to go for something a little sleeker anyhow, as I said.

Y9LHnSMtSJpWO7cM5kLkLERYtzCsTUNbPQnRiYCF.png

BZz0a6kWDzFFOYYfvOtnppe0vw7EOPnbEmA53MDx.png

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 8:58 AM
rokket posted at 6:26 AM Wed, 3 August 2022 - #4442234

I remember now. Someone started a thread asking how to reproduce the Kirby Krackle in Poser. I don't think I could find that thread, but I don't think I ever said that I didn't like him.  In fact, on my DeviantArt page, my favorite visual artists are listed as such: Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee and Adam Savage.
Probably mistaking you for a guy I used to play DnD with. He hated Kirby. I'm 56 also, certain things get jumbled in recollection.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, I know all about that. Sometimes I struggle with remembering conversations I had yesterday...

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 8:01 PM

rokket posted at 9:14 PM Tue, 2 August 2022 - #4442220

I have problems using the V4 and M4 donor rigs when I try to do clothing, especially body suits. When I conform them, the feet don't line up. I guess I got lucky with this one, but 9 times out of 10, there are issues. I've tried all the suggested fixes, magnets and all of that. The result is usually that I end up doing a cloth sim and a butt load of fixes.

The donor rig for this particular model needs a lot of adjustments, but I can get it to work. I just don't like the headaches associated with it.

I guess you're using the dev rigs that come with v4/m4? Have you tried just using a stripped out 'blank' for rig transfers?

Here's  m4/v4 blank cr2s. Totally stripped. Might have better luck, emphasis on might. Of course you'll have to delete unnecessary bones. I have a bunch of blanks that consists of different body parts for figures. For head stuff usually the head bone alone suffices, saves some headaches lol. The new select body parts to transfer thingy can be irritating on that front as it insists on the hip hierarchy. I just manually delete. Usually you should leave the hip and that hierarchy for other things. I've never had ANY luck with heels but I haven't endeavored to keep trying with that. Yet.

M4V4 Blank Cr2s

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2022 at 9:52 PM

Thank you. I am working 12 hour shifts until Sunday, so I will have to wait until then to try them out.

Heels for any figure except V4 are no problem for me. I usually pose the feet and model around them, then include a heel pose if I am going to give them up as freebies (which I haven't done since I was using Poser 8). But I store a heel pose in my runtime for any character I make heels for.

I could just never get them to work on V4. Her feet will zero out, but the prop won't conform. Drives me nuts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.