Sun, Oct 6, 7:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Saving prop issue has arisen in Poser 11 for me

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 10:27 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:24 PM

Hi,

Not sure how to fix this but when I save out a prop it no longer saves and I'm not sure how to fix this.  There seems to be no way I can figure out how to fix this.  Since I can't save it out I can't start a new file or reset Poser to see if I can then reload it and then and see if there was corruption in Poser or the file or what?  

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Richard 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 11:56 AM
Site Admin

Not much of a suggestion but are you sure it’s really not saving and it’s not just the library not refreshing to show it? Of course also check to make sure the library is on props. I know that seems like a no brained but sometimes we overlook the obvious. Have you also tried saving it to a different runtime. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 1:41 PM

it's easy to select a light or camera rather than the prop and save....  This gives you the same results....

;>

Andy!

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 2:07 PM

I would save a partial scene under Files>Export and select only the prop.  Reboot Poser.  Import the Poser document.  But as RedPhantom emphasized, make sure you're Library category is set to Props.  Regardless of whether it's corrupted or not, you won't know until trying a few things to save it out and reboot.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 2:15 PM

Thanks hborre.  I'll keep that in mind.  What I did was load up Poser 12 and an earlier file version with the finished morphs and it exported fine.  SO not sure what was corrupted in the newer file but that's now been over written with the fixed version and the hat is now exported and saved so I don't have to worry about that any more!  LOL 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 10:46 PM

Glad resolved..

Sounded unpleasantly like scene corruption due FBX imports 'breaking bad'. You can see entire scene, but only parts will render. Poser has lost track of much, and saving scene as PZ3 is too late. What's lost is lost. You must close Poser, swear eloquently, have a mug of 'caffeinated' and start over...

Upside, if you parent an FBX's many (>>10) 'junior' sub-rigs to the 'master' sub-rig promptly after import, seems to avert such horrors. Hierarchy 'root' does not appreciate congestion by a surfeit of sub-rigs. Analogy is not overloading root folder of eg C: drive with a zillion individual files: organised into sub-folders, they're okay...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2022 at 8:51 AM

The bad thing about FBX is that it's not as universal as we have all been led to believe.  Every software package out there does their own thing with that code rather than all trying to adhere to a universal way of how it's used so depends on the software package you are exporting from and the software package you are importing too (Poser).  Most folks will tell you it's totally hit and miss when using FBX.  Even from similar software like DAZ Studio > Poser I've had good and bad luck.  Simple prop scenes will export but the VERY basic textures will make it over.  Figures?  Forgetaboutit!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

NikKelly ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2022 at 11:02 AM

IMHO, Autodesk SDK versions are usually okay, but the reverse-engineered, open-code versions from eg Blender can be very problematic. Especially when tiny plug-in updates carry format on/off 'sweet-spot'...

In general, I've found that the older the version, the better, as less scope for 'genetic drift'...

eg Maximo's rigged freebies in FBX 2016/v1.60 format are usually well-behaved...

FWIW, I routinely port XPS figures via .MESH.ASCII and Noesis to FBX for Poser.

Some are very good, some okay, some just about usable, and I'd have to set [PROFANITY] flag to describe the rest. YMMV...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.