Fri, Jun 28, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 11:03 pm)

Subject: bought clothing for l'femme 2...BUT

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 12:16 PM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

it won't apply to the figure. why? what can I do to fix it? I tried both conforming and parenting and neither works?

don

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 12:28 PM
Site Admin

What clothing was it?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

LF boho dress

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 1:45 PM · edited Sat, 02 March 2024 at 1:45 PM

8xYqaKPQA8quw01aOmdRMqIWJ29Am9xSdDNMOROC.pngit's outlined with a black circle (don't know how to make it red) IN THIS screenshot, just between and behind the two female figures and I was able to enlarge it to make it more visible, but for some reason lighting went dark at same time, so...weird.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 1:54 PM · edited Sat, 02 March 2024 at 1:54 PM

b5WuTrjMqi7zNAUakkw3YKbCCwCaKm2smJpVN6Vq.pngok I changed light so the boho dress shows behind the target, h=which is la femme 2, who is naked...

but it won't conform OR parent!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 2:03 PM
Site Admin

The dress is dynamic. You need to use the cloth room to drape it. https://www.renderosity.com/premium-tutorials/176/using-dynamic-cloth-in-poser-12 Here's a tutorial if you're not familiar with the cloth room.

I know it's more work to set up dynamic clothing, but I recommend learning how to do it. There is some great dynamic clothing out there and many things lay so much better when draped.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2024 at 2:18 PM

got this far...

ko6dzZsYAMICmvMWLGNEDCqz2gs2vQzsFqAgwgN8.png

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

OK Red, I've worked with cloth room and it didn't work for me. In first place I cannot get the boho dress or the jeansnsweater to go to my selected figure so I can use the cloth room, they hide somewhere in the scene! How may I fix this?

don

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 6:15 PM
Site Admin
Props will load in the center of a scene unless it was saved as a smart prop - something parented to something else. You'll either need to keep your figure in the center or you'll need to move the clothing to your figure's location.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 8:48 PM · edited Mon, 04 March 2024 at 8:48 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

drawn posted at 12:22 PM Mon, 4 March 2024 - #4482177

OK Red, I've worked with cloth room and it didn't work for me. In first place I cannot get the boho dress or the jeansnsweater to go to my selected figure so I can use the cloth room, they hide somewhere in the scene! How may I fix this?

I can understand your frustration about working with the Cloth Room and, unfortunately, the video tutorial linked above made some assumptions about the knowledge of the end-user.  The content you are trying to use is dynamic clothing, content that requires the Cloth Room to drape the clothing around the figure as naturally as possible with calculated, conforming simulations to match movement and pose.  Although conforming clothes is easier to apply, there are major pitfalls to how they look and conform when posing your figure.

In using the Cloth Room, your figure must be in either a default T-pose or A- pose like LF2, and in a zero position in the scene.  The imported dynamic clothes should drape your figure in the same position; if it doesn't, it either wasn't created for the figure or were poorly made.  This is your starting point.  I am not going to repeat what the video already covers, you can view it repeatedly until it makes sense.  After you finish running your cloth simulation, you can return to the Pose Room and continue to build your scene around the posed figure.  You can move the posed figure around your scene but you need to be in the final frame of your simulation and you cannot repose your figure, otherwise you will break the cloth fit from the Cloth Room simulation.

Below, I am posting a render of LF2 posed with a dynamic overshirt.  The environment around her was added later after the simulation, and she was moved into her final position.  I quickly converted all the materials in the scene to Superfly shaders and turned off all lights.  The only illumination comes from light fixture objects.

mVW1smuDraKuPHqPcjdwgCKzR6YLgRFvu0miFf3I.png

This scene is far from finished, but you can get the idea on how to integrate Cloth Room simulation, posing and scene build. 

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2024 at 11:48 AM

thanks for advice, Red and hborre: I have gotten to a certain point in my. "simulation" but I can't finish it. Where is the run simulation button? I cannot see it. and if the sim is only good for this pose, I need to put this character in the same scene thru lots of poses and do I need to run a sim for each one?

o, why can't we adjust dynamic clothing to her in one scene and have it stick thru other poses? Is there a way to morph my character and then save that morph so that it works with different outfits? How in the world do animators do this?

don

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2024 at 1:21 PM

This button activates the simulation after you set up everything in the Cloth Room.

I2sBezzQ5yB6VJ39jvH2cORpwuWyqlj3T6C5OJPN.png

The simulation is only good for one pose at a time, so you must run several simulations for several poses.  As for the 'sticking' dynamic clothing to a figure, that's what conforming clothing is for.  It is unlikely that vendors would create both dynamic and conforming clothing of one type, double the work for an item that might or might not sell. However, dynamic clothing can be converted to conforming with some work through the Fitting Room but there are no guarantees that the transformed clothing will behave the way you want when posing. 

Another solution to consider is saving a completely dressed figure back to the Poser Library and running simulations in the Pose Room through the Animation Scripts from the taskbar.  Applying morphs to figures with dynamic clothing is easily done.  You need to have the morphs kick in during the simulation.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2024 at 2:05 PM

woohoo, I'm printing all this now. I believe I can work it out. Thanks, guys!

don

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 3:21 PM

s, I did something new, I achieved this: I garbed my girl in a dynamic dress, then changed her pose and ran the tool that made sure she stayed correctly fitted AND then changed pose and ran it again and it looks clean to my amateurish eyes. I’d send you the animation but not sure how..

More questions of course.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 3:26 PM

1.'For instance how send the animation to someone?

2. How save it so I can c up alter morph the character and see if the fitting changes with it?

3. I want to clean out the page so I can do another scene but comeback to this. How?

thanks

don

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 3:37 PM

Are you referring to a cloth simulation or a video animation?  There is a difference, so you need to specify exactly what you are hoping to accomplish.  If it is just a cloth simulation to fit a pose for a single image render, than you can post the last frame of the simulation and render.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 4:38 PM

A cloth simulation but what pleased me a newbie is that I got my model to move from pose to another which I coodnt do before and she stayed dressed with minor fixing on my part and I feel it’s a major achievement that’s sll

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 5:13 PM

You would need to use a 3rd party video recorder to actually make a video of the Poser simulation.  You can post the end results of your effort.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 5:33 PM

Thanks, h!

d

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 3:36 PM

OK, I read somewhere in here how to convert LF 1 to F2 and vice versa to help clothes fit, and cannot find those instructions.

Help please?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 4:21 PM
Site Admin

Here is what I do for converting https://www.renderosity.com/forums/comments/4461112/permalink It's not an easy process though.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 4:23 PM
Site Admin

And a key thing is your figure must be completely zeroed, no bends, no twists, no morphs not set to zero, not even moving the figure around.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 4:50 PM

The link RedPhantom provided in his comment is for converting conforming clothing between different figures.  

@ drawn: If you are interested in converting dynamic clothing between LF and LF2, then this is not the process you want to be using.  Dynamic clothing conversion between these 2 models has been simplified with the Prefit Tools that are packaged with La Femme 2 Pro which you own.  These tools can be found in the Props Category of the Poser Library.  Load the dynamic clothing item into your scene and then load the appropriate tool for conversion.  At this stage, a simple copy morphs from the tool to the clothing is all you need to do.  If you are not familiar with this process, don't be shy to ask.  Afterwards, you can run your Cloth Room simulations.  Again, if you do not understand how to use all the features of the Cloth Room, please ask with as much information you can provide.

Conforming clothes conversion is more involved and complicated.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 6:28 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 6:28 PM

thanks, hb, I was pondering about Red's recipe, and your process is definitely what I seem to need, but as you can see, I only get so far and then no further...the copy morphs from doesn't "see" the profit tool to copy from!

i4VQL0IEF8FuQRVIgeieII6vnwx3LSDq4xDen1Ea.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 8:56 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 8:56 PM

I am going to make the following comments into a graphic tutorial so that you may understand what is involved in converting clothing from LF2 to LF or LF to LF2.  In the following example, I will be converting a pair of LF2 leggings to LF using the Prefitting tools provided in the La Femme Pro package.  Start with a new scene with no figures or props.  Load the Prefitting tool into the scene and nothing else.  The image below should represents what you should be starting with.

kg74E8cEDlmWG3p6tkHAn64SCkRmjqZGCOknFTDz.png

The prop should be in a default zero position with feet on the ground.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:03 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:03 PM

In the next illustration, the dynamic item of clothing, in my case, the leggings, is loaded into the scene.  There may be some overlap with poke-throughs, but that is okay.  It is expected.

ICIljyn2jKojDMuXTLehrCsy8mScZhCALovCJBev.png

ATM, we have LF2 leggings covering the LF2-LF1 Prefit prop.  Remember, I am converting the leggings to dynamically fit LF1.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:10 PM

At this point, realize that you have 2 props in the scene, the Prefitter and the clothing (LF2-LF1 Prefit prop and the leggings).  You will also copying morphs from one prop to the other.  Navigate to the taskbar, and select the 'Object' contextual menu, NOT the 'Figure' contextual menu.  Go down the menu to 'Copy Morphs From...'.

7voKyBsPH6WqMaEuJ0TMmFugAHrI50aSrKWnUXhV.png

So far, we should be on the same page.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:21 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:21 PM

The 'Copy Morphs" dialog panel should appear.  At this moment, I would compare the dialog panel in my screencap to the one in your screencap.  They look very different.   

4QCokiCt3OqlN07z2R27RN9WwLC2AJFBrNRVGMAd.png  This panel is from the 'Object' contextual menu.

aXdAkqx5gDgGxOeO6NxAhKSWm7DHPlncN3ScmXgO.png  This panel is from the 'Figure' contextual menu.

Learn the difference, they are used similarly but for different types of content.

Select the pull-down arrow, illustrated above and proceed to the next post.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:27 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:27 PM

The next illustration demonstrates how to select the source prop (LF2-LF1 Prefit) for the morph transfer.  If you do not see something similar, then you have selected the wrong target prop in the scene.  Go back and select the right one.

irkOio2ueraXxEyK9VFuj0aZNK0jdxDRi8Rh1VmZ.png

If everything is done correctly, you will have a smooth morph transfer from the Prefitter to the dynamic clothes.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:38 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:38 PM

At this point, the Prefitter is deleted from the scene. It has served its purpose, so I don't need it anymore.  Next, I load the model into the scene.  In my example, it is the original La Femme.  I zero all rotations on La Femme, otherwise, the converted dynamic clothes will not fit properly when the morph is applied.  If you are not sure how to zero all rotations, look at the screencap below.

kZm4ptLrgfkfkSCqB8epJbHKBcZyJkGmsHLPagYT.png

Please study the screencap below.  This is how your final scene should appear before applying the clothing morph and proceeding to Cloth Simulation preparation.

dmwhLpwC0mMfraHnBYyq2CGLpuNZyn9ZxJxYvrFU.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:51 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2024 at 9:51 PM

The screencap below shows the final results.  If everything is correctly done, your dynamic clothing should fit when its morph is applied.

ZDnDqZh5QSPU3ERFY2ZE3ZlcPgr4WH8iOX9pNYnV.png

Tips:  Do not crowd your workspace; the less clutter, the less distraction.  I have noticed that your custom character is not in a zero position on the stage, which can cause problems when running a Cloth Simulation.  You also seem to have morphs applied that complicate simulation and proper fit.  Those may need to be addressed separately.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 9:25 AM

In reviewing what I have posted previously, I have noticed that applied dynamic clothes morphs introduced in the Pose Room do not carry over into the Cloth Room.  I find this rather strange and it may explain why many simulations either fail or misbehave unexpectedly.  My suggestion is to double-check all morph settings in frame 1 of the Cloth Room when transitioning from the Pose Room and make the necessary corrections before proceeding with a simulation.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 6:14 PM

thanks, hb, your excellent tutorial makes many things clearer (except the last part, that I can't quite get, I'll read it again) but in the meantime, I tried the object, copy morphs from and get...nothing. ?  clicking on None gets, nothing.

L1gXiht8c59QII3JXoFTHfTYSFJLGxEun5GAtFBQ.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 6:32 PM

Click on the arrow to open the menu.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 7:46 PM

I do, did, repeatedly, but it showed me no choices. I wanted to show my mouse clicking on it but couldn’t.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 8:03 PM

That is peculiar behavior.  Everything in your scene appears to be correctly set up.  At this point, I would suggest rebooting Poser just in case there was a start up error.  I would not bother saving this scene because if there is an error, it could write itself into the saved file.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 8:21 PM

I didn't save the scene, rebooted but still no joy from the none button that won't click.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 9:34 PM

Has this ever been working for you or is this the first time you are trying to use this feature?  This might be a very serious bug in your system and needs to be reported.  I suggest you put in a support ticket and give them a very detailed description of what is happening.  The way it is, you will not be able to transfer morphs between figures and conforming/dynamic clothing.  Follow the link below:

Poser Support (posersoftware.com)

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

first, I'm unsure I have right prop because it labeled DEV with no LF attached, but it kind of looks right in scene with shorts, that are LF2 I think, but Object doesn't show copy morphs from...

8HYmLislSlm7rlCyocKuasl2nDVhBMlBKnA6xRbo.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 11:23 AM · edited Thu, 14 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Currently, you are using Figures and conforming clothing.  You won't be able to use the clothing in the Cloth Room, they are not designed for that Poser feature. You need to use the props.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

you mean I'm in the wrong room? where should I be? and is this the LF 1 to 2 prop?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

IwGVZmrpxVzCJJAIW8pBK9INq9WXC3pk3loWsvQN.jpeg

ok now? but my questions remain unanswered...

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 1:16 PM · edited Thu, 14 March 2024 at 1:16 PM

This is where your Prefit Tool is located. 

MiLbCGh67sfyunrtn3UHDXcxbfRGjdOj96bWSUJP.png

ATM, you should be in the Pose Room.  Please do not confuse the taskbar categories for rooms.  

YncA3aEXUyy9bpuo8SHcaCOQVzUSPKgjemlq6YfZ.png

The gray tabs just under the taskbar are your 'rooms'.

In the screencap image you provided, neither of the figures in the scene are props (objects).  That is the reason you cannot select 'Copy Morphs From...' from the pulldown menu, you are trying to select from the 'Object' category.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 2:42 PM

ok in a mess what have I done, wanting to fit shorts to LF 2 "Elf", and the first thing went wrong becaUSe I surmise, she is Curvy so I applied the white robot named LF 2 to 1 to slim her down and this is the result. PleaSE.

drawn

D6azqU6kglekpQZFUjf8wNpKAxfh9ew67tFQ3qEi.png

work of art, huh?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 3:13 PM

No, that is not how it is done.  Getting dynamic clothing to fit La Femme 2 requires working with an unmorphed base figure and running a Cloth simulation where you introduce morphs and poses.  The LF2 to LF1 Prefit Tool needs to be applied to the clothing.  La Femme Pro 2 has a built-in tool feature to change her shape from LF2 to LF1.

At this point, I am asking exactly what contents you own, what you want to accomplish, and whether you are working with a morphed figure or not.  Some of these requests have been made before and you have not provided the information necessary to guide you in the right direction.  It is frustrating that you haven't gotten closer to understanding the instructions posted in other comments.

Are you able to transfer morphs between figures or objects?  If not, you have a major problem in trying to utilize any conversion features.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 5:12 PM

well, hb, I'll try to answer your questions. I own poser, but cannot for some reason, get the update, but that isn't the issue here? I own the shorts and assume I had to do something besides a simple confirm to get them on my morphed (curvy) heroine, whom I hope can wear these shorts throughout the long series of shots and scene I have planned to bring out a graphic novel.  "It is frustrating that you haven't gotten closer to understanding the instructions posted in other comments."

yes, it is, and I don't know why I seem so stupid about understanding this stuff because normally I'm at least somewhat "intelligent"...if you can point me to some other source of patient advice, that would be welcome, otherwise I guess you're doomed to be my go-to guy or command some other helper to assist me.

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 5:36 PM · edited Fri, 15 March 2024 at 5:36 PM

hb: to answer this q: "Are you able to transfer morphs between figures or objects?  If not, you have a major problem in trying to utilize any conversion features."

yep, these shorts look like conforming, but I apply them and then conform to her and get a mini-thong and I think, wot now? so I try the fitting room and SEEM to have achieved something but if the green panties are really the shorts why don't I find them ok in Pose? How do I tell fitting room; yes, this looks fine, let's go??

xfQILmBhgqg4wblk6tvW0nCWKXoebfxVpVZT0Z48.png

aU9yOQchBf2RrnOBS0oB92VFmXMbgRnHOm3Y50KO.png

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 6:05 PM

Are the shorts created for LF or LF2?  If it is created for LF2, and your model has a curvy morph applied to her, you will need to transfer her curvy morph to the shorts.  If you are not having problems with 'Copy Morph From...', this technique will be easy to apply.  It requires selecting the shorts in the scene and using the script to transfer the morph from LF2.  

Avoid using the Fitting Room, it can get very messy, very fast.  It can help in converting clothing from one figure to another, but it can prove to be complicated and can distort the clothing to the point of being unusable.

Vary that you can use 'Copy Morphs From...', otherwise you won't be able to proceed using the app as is.  If there are problems using the feature, then you should open a support ticket.  I have seen posts of iOS version problems and I would hate to think that you are having an incompatibility issue.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 6:31 PM

Thanks for the advice, hb. I’ll report what happens next…

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2024 at 3:23 PM

P1bQEAEXu08DZrcBw5lfhVOTRLnMUtqqHHsshcvW.pngwell hb, I see I've been here previously, the shorts are Country Fresh, and are found under LF 1, then I load the lf1 to lf2 white thing and the shorts fit perfectly so I try to copy from and as happened before, the copy morphs tool under Objects gives no choice of the figger. so with can I do now? mystified

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2024 at 4:46 PM

I thought we had determined that the shorts were conforming clothing to LF1.  You are trying to copy morphs from a prop to conforming content; Poser is not allowing this to happen because they mismatched items.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.