Thu, Oct 3, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 12:34 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Does anybody recall a short story consisting of two identical chapters ?

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:54 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 9:12 AM

I'm not sure whether it's something I actually read, something I heard about somewhere, or something I imagined, but it was a short story consisting of two 'chapters', with chapter 2 being absolutely identical to chapter 1. However, having already read chapter 1 the meaning of everything in chapter 2 was completely different.

I thought perhaps it was by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Maria Vargas Llosa, Italo Calvino, or somebody like that, but can't find anything of theirs that fits the bill.

Any ideas ?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3WCreations ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2024 at 9:02 AM

Don't know, but it sounds intriguing. I would like to read it if you find out.

Everything important in life I've learned from somebody else's forum signature.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2024 at 9:53 AM

I've been racking my brains to try and think what the story was about, but no luck. The nearest thing that comes to mind is the movie The Sixth Sense.

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2024 at 10:07 AM · edited Mon, 12 August 2024 at 10:07 AM

Except that with the Sixth Sense you knew you had to re-watch the whole movie, whereas with the short story you didn't realize that chapter 2 was the same as chapter 1 until you were some way into it and suddenly thought, "hang on a mo', I've read this before..."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.