Sun, Sep 22, 8:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser is wierd...

tlaubach ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 5:20 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_116692.jpg

I made this really cool image in photoshop and decided to try it out as a transparency map in Poser4... The results were.... Strange.

tlaubach ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 5:23 PM

Sorry.. should have said something..

CyberDog ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 5:37 PM

Thats some cool looking stuff.I really like the image on the top right.

BAM ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 5:59 PM

No...the program is not "weird" only SOME of the people who use it are "weird" (;^}

Newc ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 6:01 PM

Hey, it's the Escher effect. Pretty cool. I did that with the catsuit. Try applying the BulletHole Picture Tube in PSP and you get a nice effect also, especially around the sides where the holes are stretched. It actually looks like ripped clothing. Newc

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 7:58 PM

I especially like the top right. Diane (the other)

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 9:08 PM

Hmm..guess this makes it the tlaubach technique? Nice trick there...very interesting...I've SO got to sit down and pose...been so busy lately...ARRG! PAN~

2ndPlanet ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 10:05 PM

cool I have seen the effect in the upper right hand corner used quite often in other 3d programs it has a very nice feel. I have founf that sometimes those "gee waht would happen if I.._______?" end up creating some very cool art work. so great experiment.

Newc ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 5:08 AM

Simple, actually. Transparency maps work on a light-to-dark scale. The Poser manual suggests using black and white, and it really does work best. Black is transparent, any color lighter than black is visible. The higher the color, the more visible it is. The top right image appears to have been done thusly: Get the texture map and paint black lines across it, in a venetian-blind pattern. The skin color is left the same, since it is lighter. Now apply that texture in Poser, but set the figure's transparency to full (all sliders to the right). Now adjust the skin color of the figure darker (you may have to get way down into the color scale to get it right). This should produce similar results. The above image appears to have perpendicular lines for the arms. If you can duplicate that filter effect (some sort of swirly-gig?) then you can try to get the swirls to land on the arms, bending the lines so that they are continuous yet even. Here's an image I did using a transparency map on the catsuit. Transsuit.jpg Newc

Newc ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 5:11 AM

tlaubach - Sorry, I forgot to mention: I REALLY like yours a lot better. Hope I didn't spoil your fun of torturing everyone with suspense ;-) Newc

tlaubach ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 8:59 AM

No problem... Probably explained it better than I would have... basically, just set the skin on a figure to 100% transparent and load up a black and white striped texture map... viola

Director ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 1999 at 7:50 PM

When I try to place a transparency map and a reflection map on a figure, then try to render the Poser4 program crashes. Any remedies?

Newc ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 1999 at 5:10 AM

I haven't tried both reflection and transparency together, so maybe that's it? Try doing without one of them, or adjust the intensity of the reflection map. Also play around with the two check boxes. Then again, it may be trying to render a transparent area that is also reflective, so try to make your reflection map the opposite of your trans map.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.