Sun, Sep 22, 1:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Painter 3D SE

cheshire ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 5:59 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Is there a fix out there for the XXX that appears on the Import menu? I know it's a missing or corrupt resource file that's causing the problem, but don't know if a fix has ever been found. Thanks. Jim

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 8:12 AM

heya; yes, there was a fix posted on the metacreations site. (click on link at right.) i've never gotten it yet, since i figured out which xxx means 'obj.' :)

cheshire ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 8:15 AM

Thanks. However, the link on the Metacreations site appears not to be for Painter 3D SE. When I tried to install it, it told me Painter3D was not properly installed. I continued anyway (always a bad idea, by the way) and then it wouldn't let me start Painter3D because it wanted a serial number. I had to remove Painter3D and reinstall it. Oh well. Jim

Foxhollow ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 3:51 PM

I did try Painter 3D for a short time and got the patch required for Poser from Meta. It may have beem listed under Poser rather than Painter. It WAS noited as a patch for Painter 3D and Poser. The file name was pd3_101_patch.zip and was about 2.5 mb.

cheshire ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 4:10 PM

That certainly sounds like the exact file I downloaded. Maybe I'll explore some more what's going on here. Thanks.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 7:01 PM

heya; i think 'obj' is the last xxx on the list. you can try just using that. i mean, if youre desperate! :)

hebdemnobad ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2000 at 9:40 AM

goto http://www.bryceworks.com/p3d/loadpzr/loadpzr.html the Painter 3d file that will fix this problem is there

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.